BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #loki_ssurge_menu-3 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

16 comments

keyboard-lemons.p8

• page 1, library - 181 tokens
  • page 2, demo - 301 tokens

This cart is principally a library for interacting with the user in a query and response format using the keyboard.

Usage

You can include the library in your own cart by including only the first page:

#include keyboard-lemons.p8:1

The second page includes a demo with an old kids' game called lemons. The most salient feature is that user queries can be written straightfowardly:

answer = prompt("what's 2+2? ")

The magic—as it often does—lies in a little thing called coroutines.

Demo

Cart #keyboard_lemons-0 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is actually one of the first computer games I ever wrote, back then in gw-basic. It was a silly

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

When I used a batch operation to extract function keywords from the document. Comparing the API on the wiki, I found that there was something wrong with the brackets in the sspr and rawequal in the document:

SSPR(SX, SY, SW, SH, DX, DY, [DW, DH], [FLIP_X], [FLIP_Y]]

Does it should be like:

SSPR(SX, SY, SW, SH, DX, DY, [DW, DH], [FLIP_X], [FLIP_Y])

and

RAWEQUAL(TBL1,TBL2

shoud be like:

RAWEQUAL(TBL1,TBL2)

?

0 comments

Welcome to Halloween Cavern!

Instructions:

• Press z to roll up steep slopes.

• Press x to jump.

• Press up to climb ladders.

• Press down to drop down from a floating platform.

• There is no way to attack you must avoid every enemy!

• Med-Kits spawn if your health is below 3.

• Coins spawn if your health is 3 or above.

Cart #wunigohoro-12 | 2023-11-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

other than this website I also have other pico-8 games on itch.io feel free to check them out! =)
https://prosensory.itch.io

2 comments

Cart #klunko_trampoline-0 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[8x8]

This is a score-based game where you must collect orbs while bouncing on a trampoline. The more orbs you get in a single jump, the higher combo you'll get. Can you get a combo of 4 or more?

If you're having trouble gaining height, remember that the middle of the trampoline is the bounciest, and to use your jump at the peak of the bounce to gain momentum.

Controls

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

I've recently got Pico-8 working on my RGB30 (I'm loving the big square display). Some of my Splore favorites show up listed by number, instead of their name (Eg. "15133" instead of "Celeste").

Has anybody experienced something similar and know how to fix? I tried removing and re-adding the favorite but that didn't work.

Thanks!

8 comments

Cart #fireonthemountain-0 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

unlike boingleste, this one is creative!

Remember the floor is lava? no, not the tv show, im talking about the playground game. you know, where if you touch the ground you get maimed by your best friend? what? thats not normal? what are you talking about? anyways, this mod fully simulates what its feels like to touch the ground while playing that game. unless you're weird and didnt die inside when you lost at a game at school. well, forget dying inside! if you touch the ground here, you die in r- wait wrong game- you die! yay! walljump around and dont touch the ground! featuring patented seizure-o-matic effects! who needs to see the game when you have S M O K E

------------------------------------------------

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #lab_cat-6 | 2024-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to the Laboratory!

You are a test subject in an experiment involving the effect of puzzles on the feline brain.

Procedure 1: All boxes need to be relocated to their designated sensors.

Procedure 2: Portals have been placed for your convenience. Use them wisely.

Procedure 3: Portals are not always stationary; they can also exist on boxes.

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Move
C - Select
X - Undo
Enter - Pause Menu

Credits:

• Coding, art, levels:
    ooooggll
  • Ideas and moral support:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

33 comments

Cart #ditazutepa-0 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #yudapamiju-0 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #fhikefofu-0 | 2023-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #gazijiyoku-0 | 2023-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

NEW ONESCRIPT DUMMY-PROOF VERSION (READ BELOW)

Remember RealTimeCelester and maybe RealTimeProggrupter?
They were RTC programs for celeste classic. what that means is they corrupt the games memory over time!
Now, have you ever wished you could ruin ANY cart? not just celeste? well i have the thing for you!

Introducing RTC-P! The first portable RTC for Pico-8! Simple copy the below code, following the instructions, and bam! ruin any cart with ease!

Important: Do NOT run the cart above, as it will do nothing. that is just the corrupter, but it has no cart to corrupt. to use, copy the code below and add it in a new code tab, or somewhere clutter-free. then add rtc() at the 1ST LINE in your update cycle. to change corrupt time or corrupt level, just go into the pause menu, go to the setting you want to change and press left or right. nxt cprt in: is how many frames until next corruption.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #quickpongtest-3 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is just a test post - please ignore.
Cheers.

0 comments

Cart #umdianormal_-1 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

pequena aventura em texto realizada como avaliação para a disciplina de gamedev art ministrada pelo professor thomas (the lion) <3

5 comments

Cart #muhesigomo-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #popcorn_music-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I was delighted to be asked by a friend to write the music for the upcoming game "Butter Dorks". Here's the OST and SFX test cart so you can listen to it on loop until the game drops!

0 comments

Hello world. I'm a new born here. I got an rgb30 handheld with only system sd card. I purchased pico-8 and followed the install guide in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzsOyqgJtcI
So when I started the machine and came into the pico-8 catalogue, there are "carts" folder and one "Splore" option. I choose "Splore" and go into a console interface with error info as title of this thread:
"could not load /storage/roms/pico-8/splore.png"

I thought splore is just a command option of pico-8 and there should not be sth like splore.png. Could someone give me an explaination or clue? Thanks in advance.

1 comment

Cart #boingleste-3 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Thanks to the evercore team for the evercore cart! this wouldn't be possible without your hard work!

Boingleste

A big goofy, a little silly, but still fun!

Is Madeline made of rubber or is the mountain made of rubber? I personally don't think a whole mountain can just change what it's made of, so we'll go with the 1st option.

Play as- Wait no- Try to play as Boingaline as you fall over and over into the same hole in 500m. Features an almost-state-of-the-art path tracing mechanic that shows you where you keep dying and will die again! dash into walls and remember the 4 things you "had to do" and go do that instead! so many ways to rage quit and so many holes to walk into.

Also features its own REM jank! remember spike clips? well get ready for "Wall clips"! time it right and get shot up to the top of insert_wall_here! definitely a feature and not a bug i cant fix because REM is buggy to mess with, not just in game, but in code too!

I would add a save feature like Kaizoleste had, But let's be honest- You aren't ever going to play this again after you rage quit. (And yes you will!)

Important

Not saying everything else here isn't, but still.

All levels AND berries are possible! I've tested it (see img below!). Some levels can only be beaten with wall clips and spike clips, and no, i will not explain wall clips. (Don't worry, they aren't that hard to do.)

I don't think gemskip is possible, as you cant walljump, only boing around.
And yes, i did try adding a boing sound effect, it just got way too annoying and i took it out.
Also please tell me my kiwi's look good. no one says they look good :(
And yes, the spinny thing is a pinwheel.

Here is my best time while playtesting:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #tanksalot-3 | 2023-11-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is the very very beginning of my first attempt to make a PICO8 game.

Mainly I'm sharing it now so I can explain what I'm trying to do to my friends.

Press X to fire a shot.
Arrows Keys to move.

Changes

10/24/2023:

• Added tank movement.

11/4/2023:

• Added smoke from both sides of the barrel per the suggestion of @historymaker118 .
  • Reduced firing animation speed slightly (now that I know I can skip frames by using decimals)
  • Added something to shoot along with an explosion effect.
  • Added shooting sound.

Known Issues:

• Collision is only being detected in the Y direction.
  • Tank movement is to fast and "unrealistic"

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #sdioretsa-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

sdioretsa

A space rocks game from the spaceship's perspective

With much inspiration from a well known arcade game by Atari™️

For the rest of our games check out our Itch.io page

Sdioretsa

title screen

Attract Mode

The game starts off like many arcade games in attract mode.

attract mode

The ❎ button starts the game

Gameplay

The gameplay has the entire playing field rotating around the ship, like you're playing the game from the ship's perspective.

gameplay

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #darkdungeonschargen-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a character generator specifically designed to work with the Dark Dungeons OSR game, (which is a clone of the BECMI version of D&D)

The Dark Dungeons rules PDF is available free here:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177410/Dark-Dungeons

CHANGE LOG
10/23/2023 - Initial publication

2 comments

Cart #clockhopper-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

CLOCKHOPPER

Be a cute mouse!
Hop around the clock!
Survive!

Hickory Mouse was settling in for a warm winter’s nap on the old quiet grandfather clock, when all of a sudden, the clock went haywire! Dodge the dangerous clock hands, and grab coins to increase your multiplier and get a high score!

Controls
Left / Right: Run
Z / X: Jump
Enter: Pause / Options

19 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->