BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #umdianormal_-1 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

pequena aventura em texto realizada como avaliação para a disciplina de gamedev art ministrada pelo professor thomas (the lion) <3

5 comments

Cart #muhesigomo-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #popcorn_music-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I was delighted to be asked by a friend to write the music for the upcoming game "Butter Dorks". Here's the OST and SFX test cart so you can listen to it on loop until the game drops!

0 comments

Hello world. I'm a new born here. I got an rgb30 handheld with only system sd card. I purchased pico-8 and followed the install guide in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzsOyqgJtcI
So when I started the machine and came into the pico-8 catalogue, there are "carts" folder and one "Splore" option. I choose "Splore" and go into a console interface with error info as title of this thread:
"could not load /storage/roms/pico-8/splore.png"

I thought splore is just a command option of pico-8 and there should not be sth like splore.png. Could someone give me an explaination or clue? Thanks in advance.

1 comment

Cart #boingleste-3 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Thanks to the evercore team for the evercore cart! this wouldn't be possible without your hard work!

Boingleste

A big goofy, a little silly, but still fun!

Is Madeline made of rubber or is the mountain made of rubber? I personally don't think a whole mountain can just change what it's made of, so we'll go with the 1st option.

Play as- Wait no- Try to play as Boingaline as you fall over and over into the same hole in 500m. Features an almost-state-of-the-art path tracing mechanic that shows you where you keep dying and will die again! dash into walls and remember the 4 things you "had to do" and go do that instead! so many ways to rage quit and so many holes to walk into.

Also features its own REM jank! remember spike clips? well get ready for "Wall clips"! time it right and get shot up to the top of insert_wall_here! definitely a feature and not a bug i cant fix because REM is buggy to mess with, not just in game, but in code too!

I would add a save feature like Kaizoleste had, But let's be honest- You aren't ever going to play this again after you rage quit. (And yes you will!)

Important

Not saying everything else here isn't, but still.

All levels AND berries are possible! I've tested it (see img below!). Some levels can only be beaten with wall clips and spike clips, and no, i will not explain wall clips. (Don't worry, they aren't that hard to do.)

I don't think gemskip is possible, as you cant walljump, only boing around.
And yes, i did try adding a boing sound effect, it just got way too annoying and i took it out.
Also please tell me my kiwi's look good. no one says they look good :(
And yes, the spinny thing is a pinwheel.

Here is my best time while playtesting:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #tanksalot-3 | 2023-11-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is the very very beginning of my first attempt to make a PICO8 game.

Mainly I'm sharing it now so I can explain what I'm trying to do to my friends.

Press X to fire a shot.
Arrows Keys to move.

Changes

10/24/2023:

• Added tank movement.

11/4/2023:

• Added smoke from both sides of the barrel per the suggestion of @historymaker118 .
  • Reduced firing animation speed slightly (now that I know I can skip frames by using decimals)
  • Added something to shoot along with an explosion effect.
  • Added shooting sound.

Known Issues:

• Collision is only being detected in the Y direction.
  • Tank movement is to fast and "unrealistic"

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #sdioretsa-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

sdioretsa

A space rocks game from the spaceship's perspective

With much inspiration from a well known arcade game by Atari™️

For the rest of our games check out our Itch.io page

Sdioretsa

title screen

Attract Mode

The game starts off like many arcade games in attract mode.

attract mode

The ❎ button starts the game

Gameplay

The gameplay has the entire playing field rotating around the ship, like you're playing the game from the ship's perspective.

gameplay

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #darkdungeonschargen-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a character generator specifically designed to work with the Dark Dungeons OSR game, (which is a clone of the BECMI version of D&D)

The Dark Dungeons rules PDF is available free here:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177410/Dark-Dungeons

CHANGE LOG
10/23/2023 - Initial publication

2 comments

Cart #clockhopper-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

CLOCKHOPPER

Be a cute mouse!
Hop around the clock!
Survive!

Hickory Mouse was settling in for a warm winter’s nap on the old quiet grandfather clock, when all of a sudden, the clock went haywire! Dodge the dangerous clock hands, and grab coins to increase your multiplier and get a high score!

Controls
Left / Right: Run
Z / X: Jump
Enter: Pause / Options

19 comments

I challenged myself to make an entire 30-level Celeste Classic mod in 30 minutes. That's only a minute per level! Fortunately, I was up to the task, but the result is... interesting.

Cart #secs-0 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

6 comments

Cart #nimgame-2 | 2023-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple PICO-8 implementation of the classic game Nim.

Controls

On your first turn, press the O button to let the computer go first.
Use the arrow keys to select matchsticks and O to remove them.

Rules

On your turn, remove any number of matchsticks from one row. The player who removes the last matchstick loses.

Changelog

1.1:

• Fixed bug where AI would skip turn in a specific losing position
  • Added delay to AI's move for clarity

1.2:

• Fixed bug where game would freeze at victory screen
0 comments

Cart #startcatch123-0 | 2023-10-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Catch The Star

0 comments

Cart #solkeepjudgementdevice-0 | 2023-10-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Virtual Judgement Shenanigans

Made for 242th Trijam, a jam where the goal is to code a game in under 3 hours.

Another story-based game! Not as happy with how this turned out; the end result was pretty rushed, but I entered it anyway cus why not.

Anyway, enjoy!

Itch.io Page -> https://stadam.itch.io/the-solkeep-judgement-device
Game Jam Page -> https://itch.io/jam/trijam-242/rate/2301074

0 comments

And I'm not just talking about putting an emulator in a specially designed box, you could obviously do such a thing. Rather, what I'm talking about is having all of the consoles hardware implemented in discrete logical chips, effectively removing the "fantasy" from the phrase "fantasy console". This might sound like a daunting, if not impossible task, but I have reason to believe it is quite possible!

You see, the official implementation of the Lua programming language doesn't just interpret it's source code by analyzing the program tree. Rather, it compiles it into a bytecode which is then emulated as a virtual machine. In fact, this virtual machine is the reason why some code takes longer to run than other code, because the program is also emulating the amount of time the CPU needs to process it.

With this in mind, it seems like it should be entirely possible to create a physical version of one, assuming that a Lua bytecode CPU actually existed. Slap it together with some RAM and a BIOS, and a surprising form of merchandise just might be born! What some of your thoughts?

2 comments

Cart #flappybat-1 | 2023-10-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my very first game in Pico-8.

I made this game based on the original cave driver tutorial from Dylan Bennett on the fanzine Game Development with Pico-8.

This work have a bunch of features that i had in mind, thinking about how to make this a fun game. Also a little bit of hallowinish.

Features

• Enemies
  • Collectible (coins)
  • Random effects
  • Animations
  • Title screen
  • Persistent Score

Collectibles

[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #gdnoisept123-2 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Pico Tower (Pizza Tower Demake)!
HISTORY VERSION
Update 1.0.1!
what has been added:
1.:a new enemy has been added
2.:the backgroundof level 2has been changet
3.:now pizza face 8 has no life 2
have a nice game!

5 comments

Cart #bunbunsamurai-12 | 2023-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

BUN BUN SAMURAI

Overview

The Hero, weary of fighting in the endless wars fueled by squabbling nobility, wanders across a countryside overridden by bandits and wild ronin. He hopes only to return to the peaceful village he once called home. Wherever he goes, he protects the weak and helpless, leaving no evil unbloodied.

Gameplay

• Movement - Directional buttons.
  • Attack - Press direction and [O] button.

Attacking and Combos

• Killing an enemy grants the Hero Prestige.
  • Enemies are not killed by direct attacks - only by knocking them into other enemies or objects. Knocking an enemy into more enemies or objects causes a combo chain worth more Prestige for each impact.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

40 comments

Cart #sohenazaye-0 | 2023-10-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

I'm wanting to get full keyboard and mouse input for my games, but I can't seem to find anything on it in the pico-8 forums or in the pico-8 help itself. It would be awesome if someone could help!

3 comments

demake of the modern classic hue blaster
https://misspeltpengin.itch.io/hue-blaster

version 1.1:

Cart #hue_blaster_pico-1 | 2023-11-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

control type mouse:
scroll wheel: change color

left click: shoot

arrow keys: move

control type controller:

x: change color

z: shoot

d-pad: move
enemy details:
circle:

health: 2

speed: moderate