BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

I have purchased a license and extracted the raspberry pi version of the files onto storage/roms/pico-8.

Going back to my handheld and starting pico-8 results in a blackscreen for 2 seconds, then goes back to pico-8 selection screen. Please help.

I have updated JelOS to latest version if that helps.

5 comments

Cart #wanenotoro-0 | 2023-10-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple simulation of the statistical distribution of a 2 D6 throw.

0 comments

A 1 week self imposed challenge, completed in 1 week.

Posted to https://charlesbunny.itch.io/nova-escape!
Posted to https://cerealbunnies.rf.gd/abss_2023/

NOVA ESCAPE
You are Bridge - a member of an astronomicaL rEsearch team who ended up separated From her group during a boTched hyperDrive jmp. Things gOt Weird at speeds faster thaN light, and foR some reason, you're now on the shIp completely alone.

After landing and recharGing your power banks, you've discovered the star you're orbiting is on the verge of collapsing and going supernova! In a hurry, you took off in an attempt to escape tHe blasT radius.

With a malfunctioning hyperdrive, you discover that you cAn slowly chArge it up by destroyiNg anD collecting minerals from nearBy asteroids, and hopefully escape the blast!

This is a project for the The Alphabet Superset - a 32 week long project for creatives of all skills and abilities. Each week, we will ourselves to create something and follow a theme, based on each letter of the alphabet in order. After 6 months (and a few breaks in between), you have a completed collection of work!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Redash

Cart #redash-7 | 2023-10-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Scenario

After Marsho lent his game to a friend awhile back, Mo won't give it back now!
It's up to you find the Warp Stars and take it back even if force is needed.

Controls/Gameplay

Press Left & Right to walk.
Press Z to do a jump.
You can pickup and throw Items with X.

Coins are used as lives, The more you die the more you'll lose.
Kitakits around the world will sell you items for coins as well.

Down is used for dropping through semisolids, as well as dropping items.
Up to interact.

Note

Thanks for playing my game!
I've been working on it for years at this point and finally feel relieved to publish it.
I'm aware that there's some jank and odd ends but I feel like I learned a lot making it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

26 comments

R0549n-23

quite an unfinished game

i should be doing homework.

Cart #r0549n_23-2 | 2023-10-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

update 0.0.2: healing drops and bugfixes.

update Dec 26: no progress- i will wait for picotron and make it on there. the higher resolution will be a benefit to this game.

2 comments

WARNING:

This game contains some flashing/strobing colors at certain points in the gameplay. A percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a screen, or while playing video games, may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals.

Cart #awolfe_ttl_0_0_1-13 | 2023-10-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Take The Lot

an Incremental Beatemup.

Controls:

O (Z on keyboard): Jump

X (X on keyboard): (tap) Jab, Get Item

X (holding direction) : Thrust

Directional Buttons: Move

Directional Buttons (double tap): Run

pd_rotate by TheRoboZ

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #wokobizoni-0 | 2023-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

left/right to change "r" (essentially, spread of the color palette)
up/down to change "n" (size of bayer matrix (2n)^2 * (2n)^2)
z/x (or c/v) to change palettes

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/7sfXDn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordered_dithering

0 comments

Cart #dove_sokoban_demo-2 | 2023-10-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Only Level0 and Level1 is playable.
Push to zip.

1 comment

Cart #koditejomo-0 | 2023-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #shrumoandthewhitepetals-0 | 2023-10-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is a small platformer prototype that I created in order to better understand how maps in pico8 work. It is meant to just be a small side project but I think it still turned out well.

credits

Created by following the Nerdy Teachers platforming tutorial.

4 comments

Cart #yazuyerizo-0 | 2023-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tiny slideshow of some hard-to-encode full-color images. Composite colors work well, but they still generate very large data.

0 comments

Cart #polomint_olopshmup-2 | 2023-10-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Nothing special, just learning the language and how to do some basic things :)

Note: This is being done by following the playlist by LazyDevs on YT ( URL LazyDev - Pico-8 Tutorial - Shmup ) although I coded some things a little different as I found out about new stuff (like how Tables worked, and tables in tables etc...)

Updated: bullets ;)
Updated: refactoring...

0 comments

It seems that Vietnamese find some way to easily hack the verification measures of Lexaloffle BBS.

The superblog is full of ads now.

4 comments

Cart #genbyv1-0 | 2023-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Genby's Discolored Dungeon Escape

Welcome to the Dungeon

This game was created for a game jam at Rider University, and was later updated. I did the code and created a lot of the sprites for this version of the game. In the game you play as a bunny trying to escape a dungeon of black and white.

Controls

Use the arrow keys to move around and attack enemies with Z. Enemies may shoot projectiles and will damage you if you run into them, so watch out! Losing all your hearts will cause you to lose the game.
Walk into a key to pick it up. If you have a key, holding down X and walking into a door will unlock it.
At the start of the game, you will only be able to walk through the dark path. However walking through the magic door will change your color so you can instead walk through the light path. Beat both paths and you will be able to escape!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

I use Splore to discover games and my favorites list became very long and unorganized. The work around I found was a short bash/unix command that I saved to a script. It should also work in Windows using WSL or another Linux based terminal. It does not work in PowerShell nor the Windows CMD prompt.

Open your Pico-8 folder that contains the "favourites.txt" file. Normally you can type "folder" in the Pico-8 command prompt and go up a few levels to find it. Then open a terminal there and run:

sort -k 6 -t '|' -o favourites.txt favourites.txt

If anyone knows of a built-in way to sort favorites let me know. My way feels a bit hacky.

0 comments

Cart #ayano231014-1 | 2023-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

So far so good. Better virtual colors, fetching transparency info (alpha) from original images, clipping, and locating.
Performance is still poor (drawing two 128x500px images at once cause some frame drops, and (sometimes) outOfMemory).

14 comments

on pico-8 EDU, its really hard to not paste the GFX you copied from another website, (with credit) for some reason, even going to copy something unreadable and then copying whatever you want does not work, it just copies it again

(sorry the gif looks bad, pico-8's screen recorder does not record copying and pasting)

0 comments

Cart #sumuyorozo-2 | 2023-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Your spaceship is travelling back to Earth.

After 15 years of hyper sleep, you awaken to find your ship badly damaged and off-course.

You are orbiting an unknown planet with no communications network, and no way of knowing where you are or how to get home.

Your priority is to restore and upgrade essential systems to contact Earth for rescue.

DEEP SPACE is an incremental game where you take control of a damaged ship lost in space. Restore the ships systems, deploy a fleet of satellites and rovers around the planet you orbit, and contact Earth for rescue.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Nerdfield is a short demo for Creative Nerd 2023 demo competition.

Download standalone versions for Windows, Mac and Linux: https://mega.nz/file/8MsjULSL#M98AHSurG2yhlWZR0Aya_NsEkk_1_JRNnIqhfSqENqs

Cart #nerdfield_0-3 | 2023-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #zatasekar-0 | 2023-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HOPE YOU LIKE THE MISSING FLAG GAME 2023 : IT'S AN AWESOME TOP DOWN ADVENTURE GAME THAT YOU'LL FIND EXCITING.

game controls:
ios/android devices:

hold the x button to view the inventory for the keys found in the game, and the gamepad to move through the game.

and for pc/laptop devices:
use the arrow keys to move through the game,and the hold the x key to view the inventory of the keys found in the game .
compatible devices:android/ios devices

pc/laptop

as for the game objective:

the flag is hidden in the game,be careful not to fall in the traps,and the also use the keys to exit through the door with the flag and win the game .

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->