BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #typing_demo_1-0 | 2023-07-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a little something I wrote because I was bored. It doesn't really have a use, you just watch a simulated user type an (almost) functional program into the Pico-8 CLI and run it.

1 comment

The gameplay of the game

does not satisfy me :(. Some ideas to improve it would be welcome. :-)

Cart #tweetiepong-3 | 2023-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #kalikan_menu-6 | 2023-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Kalikan is a vertically scrolling bullet hell 'shmup inspired by Dodonpachi- pushing the limits of ~virtual~ hardware . Control one of 3 1 ship(s) featuring two varied attack modes . Maintain your chain to compete for the highest scores

*NOTE: Kalikan is a work in progress . Things are subject to change- and your feedback is incredibly welcome . If you enjoy Kalikan and have something you watch added , edited , changed , or removed , let me know !

Controls

• Use the arrow keys to move
  • Use the X key to shoot
  • Use the Z key to bomb

Scoring

Kalikan features GPS ( get point system ) scoring , for maximum points you will need to combo enemy kills together into long chains which increase your score multiplier exponentially !

Additionally , medals can be chained together to multiply their value !

Timeline

Will be taking a break from this project for a bit , but will likely come back eventually .

Thanks for your support <3 - Louie

[ Continue Reading.. ]

51 comments

Cart #dragonwit_dev__bomb_hunt-1 | 2023-07-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bomb Hunt v1.1

This is just another Mine Sweeper clone. It's also my first PICO-8 game.

2 comments

@zep There is a mistake in the PICO-8 manual.

6.14 Additional Lua Features > Coroutines > costatus(c)

Return the status of coroutine C as a string:
  "running"
  "suspended"
  "dead"

The status "normal" is missing.

When coroutine A calls coroutine B, and you check the status of A in B, you will get "normal".

1 comment

Cart #rgblocks-10 | 2023-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Combine the R-G-Blocks and clear lines to get the highest score!

Gameplay

R-G-Blocks! is a falling block puzzle game based on the concept of additive color mixing and the RGB color model. Each piece in the game features three segments which correspond to the colors red, green and blue in that order. When these segments get combined after placing them on top of each other, they form different colors and eventually white blocks, which cannot be modified. Filling a line with white blocks clears it, but be careful! While the game runs, there's a constantly increasing meter that fills the bottom row with garbage blocks when it gets filled. When you complete a line, the meter gets reset, and the more lines you've cleared, the faster it fills. What's the highest score you can get? Play and find out!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #garbo111_pinfall_1-14 | 2024-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Your progress is saved automatically!

Also available to play on itch and Newgrounds (with medals!)

ABOUT

Jump King with an SMW core, taking heavy influence from hacks- 32 screens of tightly packed high-stakes precision platforming. First completion is ~6-8 hours; my own personal best is 32 minutes.

If you beat the game, shoot me a message:
Twitter | Discord: .garbo

Thanks for playing!

CONTROLS

Left/Right - Walk
Z - Jump
Up/Down - Modulate Swimming

WALKTHROUGH

Spliced run, 8 min (spoilers.)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #tiny_bomber-0 | 2023-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

End the imperators reign in this action-packed roguelike bomb ‘em up! Explore 5 randomly generated levels, destroying the infrastructure of the empire while avoiding the many foes who will try to stop your rebellion!

Features:

• Procedurally generated levels!
  • 240 possible planes to fly, upgrade and master!
  • Push the game to it’s limits in New Game+, and see who breaks first!
  • Unlock new planes for every victory!

Controls:

• X to select / Drop a bomb
  • Z to go back / Use your ability
  • Arrow keys to move
6 comments

Cart #royegukimu-0 | 2023-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Badland Caravan the game! 1.0

My first finished game. It's short and a bit of a proof-of-concept, but it was a very enjoyable process. Let me know what you think!

3 comments

Sprout

Cart #sprout_jam_edition-0 | 2023-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sprout is a short platformer I made for Jame Game 29 that won first place!

About

The theme of the jam was falling and the required special object was bean. In Sprout, the protagonist falls down into the earth and must use his magic beans to traverse the depths until he reaches the core. He may also collect some optional core pieces along the way!

It was made in 3 days so it's far from perfect; There are a couple of bugs that never got ironed out and things that should be polished or changed, but oh well, that's how jams go!

itch.io page
Jame Gam #29

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #orbuswip-0 | 2023-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Are circular hitboxes possible?

is it possible to make circular hitboxes?
I need the bullets to be deleted when they touch the white circle.
So I need to be able to detect when they are inside the circle.

My first idea was to have a buch of thin rectangular hitboxes next to eachother that are higher near the center of the circle to approximate the shape, but I am struggling with the math to make it work.

PS Is there a way to make the cart show it's actual title on the BBS rather then it's ID. having title an ID match is not always possible.

8 comments

Cart #routettlake-0 | 2023-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Route to the Lake

Aliens have been discovered dropping kidnapped humans off on a highway out west. Use your truck to catch as many as you can to save them.

Controls

press x or o to start
use left and right to move truck and catch falling humans

2 comments

Cart #statroulette-0 | 2023-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A submission to Trijam 226, modded within 3 hours from a game we made 2 years ago. (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=44877)

The theme was "You gain a little, you lose a little". In this game, every few seconds, you gain a stat and lose a different stat randomly. Controls are arrows & X/Z. X or Z will roll. The character auto-shoots enemies.

This mod/jam took 2 people:

• alanxoc3: code
  • thegreatcadet: graphics & music

There are likely many bugs in the game, but whatever. Enjoy :D

Also available on itch: https://alanxoc3.itch.io/statroulette

0 comments

Cart #logicraft-1 | 2023-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is my entry to the Thinky Puzzle Game Jam 3 https://itch.io/jam/thinky-puzzle-game-jam-3

Logicraft is a linear puzzle game about surprising crafting mechanics.
The game can be played with a mouse or using standard Pico-8 controls.
Let me know what you think!

4 comments

How to reproduce

• execute code:
print("a")
(nil or print)("b")
  • outputs:
A
runtime error line 1 tab 0
print("a")
attempt to call a number value
at line 1 (tab 0)

note that print("a") is correctly executed regardless of the error being reported on that line!

Workaround

print("a")
local fn=nil or print
fn("b")
5 comments

Cart #head8n-1 | 2023-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ Change lanes
⭕️ [Z] Accelerator

Gameplay:

Two cars continuously drive forward through rectangular channels in a simple maze. At the four cardinal directions are gaps where a car can change lanes. The player goal is to collect all dots in the maze while avoiding collisions with the computer-controlled car that is travelling in the opposite direction.
At higher levels of difficulty you'll face more opponent cars (max 3). Every 6 levels it goes back to one opponent car but it's faster!

Remake:

This is a Pico-8 demake of "Head On" (1979 by Sega/Gremlin), the first game introducing the "collect dots in maze" idea. You can tell where Pac-Man took the inspiration from.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #simplemaze-0 | 2023-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made my first pico-8 game, a very simple maze where you get to the exit in as little time possible.

9 comments

Cart #witcherchan_gravitor-5 | 2023-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Use arrows to move around
Press up arrow to change gravity
Press X to interact

Pico8 menu

In Pico8 menu you can enable timer or return to menu. To activate that menu press P or Enter. You can enable timer even after the game is over, just don't go to menu because timer resets then.

More

Second game that i made, i kinda don't like how this game came out and i think i could've done better work.
I hope you at least like it a litte :D

7 comments

Cart #picoresto-0 | 2023-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Jeu développé dans le cadre d'un projet collaboratif à l'école AdaTechSchool de Nantes. Les développeurs sont R.Boireau, C.Riviere, Q.Kerzerho, Game_picook. Bon jeu !

0 comments

Cart #sinkhole-1 | 2023-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is SINKHOLE! You are a farm girl who falls into a sinkhole. You must use your only tool, a pitchfork, and your wits to escape the catacombs and the giant, mutated bugs that lurk within.

This is my first game so I'd love some feedback! Check the code comments for references.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->