BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #yomwatigo-0 | 2023-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

One of my all time favourite games was JUMPING JACK on the SPECTRUM.

I was extremely pleased to see a Remake/Demake of it on Pico-8:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=103467#p

I have made changes on the code but NEED HELP :

Changes:
Intro Screen
Scoring System implemented
High Score Save implemented
New Graphics for the Player
New Graphics for the Hazards
Difficulty Level - Holes get bigger each level
Difficulty Level - Less Lives as you go up a level

HELP NEEDED
The collision detection when both LEAPING/FALLING and MONSTER HIT is not correct in the original code. You will see this in later levels as you get hit more and more. The correction of this code is beyond me. Anyone take this on and get is bug free for me?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #zugefunumi-0 | 2023-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hey uh so this is my first game ever!

i decided to publish it because it looked nice!

Ive been wanting to publish a game a lot so please play!

2 comments

Cart #pico8_tetris-37 | 2024-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls:

O - Rotate clockwise
X - Rotate counter-clockwise

O while holding Up - Hold current tetronimo
X while holding Up - Fast drop

Down - Slow drop

Left/Right - Move tetronimo

70 comments

My submission for the Summer Slow Jams 2023: Idle

Mutation Mayhem (a prototype)
Its kinda like a base building/defense game.
I dunno anymore. You can play it yourself if you want.

Cart #mutation_nation-5 | 2023-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Available on itch: https://guest122ev.itch.io/mutation-nation

4 comments

Cart #boxplcr-0 | 2023-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Box Placer is a bare-bones tool for ui visualization.

Controls:

Grow Mode:

• right - grow horizontally
  • left - shrink horizontally
  • up- grow vertically
  • down - shrink vertically
  • 'x' - change mode (to Move)
  • 'c' - finish and add new box

Move Mode:

• right - right
  • left - left
  • up - up
  • down - down
  • 'x' - change mode (to Visual)
  • 'c' - change box color

Visual Mode:

• 'x' - change mode (to Grow)
4 comments

a Head On demake for Pico-8
I started this speed-remake yesterday and worked like 7-8 hours in total. I'll have a couple off-dev relaxing weeks (posted the WIP so I can playtest) and finish it back home.

Arcade history: Head On (1979 by Sega/Gremlin) is the first game introducing the "collect dots in maze" idea. You can tell where Pac-Man took the inspiration from.

WIP:
Still work in progress but playable (infinite lives, no score).
You can push ❌+⬆️⬇️ to change the difficulty level (after a crash the new level setting will be used).

Cart #head8n-0 | 2023-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:
⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ Change lanes
⭕️ Accelerator

Gameplay:
Two cars continuously drive forward through rectangular channels in a simple maze. At the four cardinal directions are gaps where a car can change lanes. The player goal is to collect all dots in the maze while avoiding collisions with the computer-controlled car that is travelling in the opposite direction.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #corrider-0 | 2023-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

First time I've ever coded in pico 8. Just practicing from scratch and using this to understand various specific part of the language. Currently trying to come up with a jump function that uses loops to animate the wall moving up and down a little to simulate the player jumping.

POSSIBLE eventual goal would be to make a simple game with the goal of getting to the end while dodging traps and the like.

2 comments

This could be a game jam if enough people try it

Graphics Requirements

You must use a 1-bit color palette and a 64x64 screen.
so, a jelpi game might look like this:

Sound Requirements

You must use only 3 sound channels, the square channel, the triangle channel, and the noise channel.

5 comments

Cart #jocdenaus-0 | 2023-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #fogefogebandido_0307-9 | 2023-06-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Work in progress, project to learn about Pico8.

Graphics inspired by https://s4m-ur4i.itch.io/pico-8-pixelart-free-tiles

1 comment

He likes eating through your hard drive because it tastes like the milkweed leaves he used to eat back home.

A hardcore action game about a bloodthirsty worm chewing through all the numbers that make up your computer. (Don't worry though: this game does not actually affect your computer.)

0 comments

Cart #opakarsh-2 | 2023-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The final boss fight from my mod/game, Olden Peak: Godslayer, so you can fight him without going through the rest of the game!

4 comments

Cart #opgodslayer-6 | 2023-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The unofficial sequel to Olden Peak

I plan to make all the bosses harder, then change the level layout and mechanics, for now, it just makes the final boss much harder and changes the story

8 comments

Cart #howabupube-0 | 2023-06-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

When i try to copy sprites from the sprite editor, they do not copy to the clipboard.
It seems that the actual clipboard and the pico-8 clipboard are not both stored in the actual clipboard

Also, i'm using pico 8 education edition on an android.

3 comments

After watching this video about the map generation in the Binding Of Isaac, I wanted to play around more with the map generation in my game. The maps in my game consist of 4 rooms which are randomly chosen from a list of rooms. I wanted to try something similar where it checks to see if adjacent rooms are compatible when generating them.

Original game with the current map generation

Cart #siyupisesi-1 | 2023-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #diefence-0 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first game, Diefence, is out!
[16x16]

This was meant to be my ntry for last year's GMTK jam, but I was still very much a noob with Pico-8. The idea kinda stuck, so I waited until I learnt enough (thanks to all of you guys!) and began coding it. I took around three months in which I tried to code at least half an hour a day.

Diefence is a simple Tower defence. Place your soldiers in front of the wall to your village to defeat the attackers!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #warwind-6 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WARWIND is an open world shmuptroidvania game with a focus on challenging , yet rewarding bullet hell boss fights- and achieving a sense of exploration in a vast open world . Fight your way through 4 different areas and unlock new ships by killing bosses !

Controls

• Use the arrow keys to move
  • Use the X key to shoot
  • Use the Z key to dash

Behind the Scenes

WARWIND was solo developed over a month to take part in the Lazy Dev's "SHMUP Showcase" . I'd like to thank everyone that offered feedback on the game during development , particularly in the Lazy Devs discord community . Unfortunately I didn't get the time to make the final boss in time for the deadline . As this is quite an old project by now , I likely won't be touching it again

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Cart #calico-6 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

Select a single patch tile from your hand and sew it into your quilt, then draw another patch into your hand from the three available. If you are able to create a color group, you may sew a button onto your quilt. If you are able to create a pattern combination that is attractive to any of the cats, it will come over and curl up on your quilt! At the end of the game, you score points for buttons, cats, and how well you were able to complete your unique quilt pattern.

Calico is a complex game ! I highly recommend playing the tutorial before your first game .

FAQ :

• Design goal "=/=" means have none of the same colour or pattern
  • Colour tokens are always worth 3 points !
  • When taking quilt tokens from The Market the tile furthest to the left is removed also

Controls

• Use the X key to place tiles
  • Use the Z key to control the camera
  • Double tap Z to view the patterns

Calico is playable on Mobile ! Be sure to access the pico8 menu and press "swap camera mode" to switch the freecam from a press and hold , to a toggle . This makes the game more comfortable to play on mobile devices !

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->