BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #bulletheck2-0 | 2023-06-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey Look Another One!

That's right a sequel to my first ever Pico 8 project! This is more in line with what I had hopped for in the original Bulletheck, however I for a first project I should have gone that big. While nothing too exciting I feel as though this game is a large step up from the original and was a blast to make. With that out of the way I should probably explain how to play the darn thing.

Controls

WASD -- MOVEMENT
SHIFT -- SPRINT
TAB -- INVENTORY(OPEN/CLOSE)/SHOP(CLOSE)
LMB -- SHOOT/CONFIRM/INTERACT
RMB -- HEAL

How To Play

WAVES

Waves come in three different types:
Basic -- Hoards of enemies will role in and a new wave will not begin till all enemies are defeated.
Rest -- No enemies will spawn during these waves. During this time you can shop and open your inventory
Boss -- Will end once the boss is defeated. A Rest wave will always appear after a boss

SHOP

There are three kinds of items:
Guns -- Provide different ways to defeat enemies
Upgrades -- Permanently boost one of the players stats weather health, energy, or badge points
Badges -- Provide small boost to the player in return for costing badge points(Yes like Paper Mario/Hollow Knight)

Content

There are:
25 waves(not counting rest waves)
7 Types of guns
3 Types of Upgrades
8 Types of Badges
9 Types of Enemies
3 Boss Fights

And With That...

That's everything you need to know about Bulletheck 2. I could explain how each enemy works or what each badge does, but I feel like discovering that for yourself makes the game more enjoyable. I really hope you enjoy playing this game as much as I enjoyed making it.

5 comments

Cart #galaxyrobo-0 | 2023-06-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

5 comments

Cart #nayz_lemons-0 | 2023-06-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

LEMONS! That's what you see falling from the sky! Make sure to collect them, because every time one lands on the ground you notice a twinge of pain. Are these lemons somehow linked to you? To your very essence? Your... soul? Well, you won't find out, because I just made all this up to try and allure you!

Just a simple little game I made to improve my skills.

Controls:

Left/Right arrows to move.

The pause menu also has some settings you can change.

1 comment

Cart #xenith-4 | 2023-07-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(warning: contains some flashing lights)
(Fake08 support added)

SUMMARY

Survive 50 micro bullet-hell levels set over more than a dozen environments to face the final boss.

CONTROLS

Player 1: Arrow keys to move, hold Z,X,C,V,N, or M to slow your ship down for maximum control
Player 2: ESDF to move and Q,TAB,SHIFT, or A to slow.

Pressing Q/TAB/SHIFT/A at any time will enable player 2 to join at the start of the next level.

GAME MODES

Standard: Survive each of the 50 ten-second levels. If anything hits your cockpit you'll need to restart.
Invincible: Experience the game without having to restart. See how few times you can get hit.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

Cart #kasdeja_the_starcatcher-0 | 2023-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

Arrow keys to navigate and move

C to select and jump

X to collect

Remember to check the Settings to adjust your gameplay experience!

Game:

You play as Kasdeja The Starcatcher, a being of the stars. As a star gets shattered by a red comet, it is Kasdeja's goal to find all the star fragments to repair the star, and to restore its light. To do this, Kasdeja will jump and flap its wings to navigate through the scattered platforms in space, before bringing all the fragments to an ancient statue.

Info and credits:

My first real game! I started to learn Pico-8 and coding around a month ago, and after learning the basics I've spent all my time coding working on this game. It's a passion project I've poured my heart and soul into this last month, and I sincerely hope you'll enjoy it!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Maybe this is an odd question, and I'm sorry if it's in the wrong section, but it seemed the most appropriate.

My grandson just turned 5 and I'm looking to expose him to Pico 8.
With that said, one of the strengths of Pico 8 is also a weakness, in that there are SO MANY GAMES.
Does anyone have any recommendations for relatively simple games he could play?
He's pretty clever, but only reads "a little" so games with lots of text or rules to read are out.
He plays Minecraft and Roblox, so his skills at maneuvering with touch controls on a tablet are quite good,
and likely using a keyboard and/or NES style controller isn't much of a stretch.
He's been playing those for almost 2 years now.
He can probably handle simple arcade style games, but I'd prefer not to do "clones" unless the art style/theme diverges significantly from the original, so for instance a maze game would be fine, but I'd prefer not a straight up pac man clone.
Simple platformers are probably a good choice, but something that's a deep metroidvania might be too much right now.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Gruber Jam #4!

My new challenge is to always start the next song using a fragment of the previous. All of the jams I upload here are free to use in your games. Feel free to do so! :)

[sfx]

Cart #busybeetoe-0 | 2023-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here’s my first session:

Patrons can watch the entire process: https://www.patreon.com/Gruber99

0 comments

This is just something I've been playing with in between working on other things.

Cart #walkinthewoods-0 | 2023-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I didn't know about sprite stacking until this old post popped up a couple of months ago. Although that example rotates the sprites themselves it turns out you can get some interesting results even without it. I haven't bothered with collision detection so you can walk right through the trees and the rocks. Waking through the water was intentional though. I wanted it to look like actually walking in water.

The space is procedurally generated but persistent so it's the same every time the cart is run. And it's effectively infinite in all directions. Not actually infinite obviously but pretty darn big for no particularly good reason.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

sup lexaloffle community! i am new to pico8 and coding in general
i made a lil goofy ahh cart about walking and pressing x

Cart #nujkaheru-0 | 2023-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #cartridge-1 | 2023-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Insert the cartridge in the Gameboy!
A cool game will boot up!

Controls

🔼🔽 ~ Move cartridge

Credits

@Yolwoocle - Pico Dino
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=85303#p

4 comments

Cart #spacemonkey-0 | 2023-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I recently bought one of the Anbernic handheld linux retro-gaming consoles, and I've been playing with PICO-8 as an easy way to get started making stuff for it. So here's a silly little endless 2-button grappling-hook mail delivery game/toy.

3 comments

Cart #joycons-0 | 2023-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Connect the Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch!

Controls

🔼🔽 ~ Move Joy-Cons

3 comments

Cart #tuyeyufami-1 | 2023-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Antsy Alien Attack Pico is a juicy retro-style vertically scrolling local 2-player shoot 'em up. It is my love letter 💌 to the shmups I played in the arcades in the '80s and '90s 🕹️ and my entry to Linux Game Jam 2023 🐧

This is the first time I've made anything with PICO-8, and I really enjoyed the experience. I'm looking forward to refining what I learned during the jam and working on some more PICO-8 projects in the future 🔮

Plot

> The year is 2139. Planet Earth is under attack by aliens, and they're (still) antsy!

Objective

🚀 You're a mercenary with a state-of-the-art space fighter and a gun for hire

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #odd_one_out-3 | 2023-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made this small game for the TINS 2023 gamejam. Would love to hear what you think about it!

7 comments

Cart #fillp_cat-2 | 2023-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a little tool for viewing all possible 4x4 fill patterns, after removing duplicates which are the same pattern inverted, translated, rotated, or flipped in x/y/diagonally. There are 65536 possible raw fill patterns (1 << 16), but only 433 unique patterns once "equivalent" ones have been discarded.

To use a fill pattern that you like, prefix it with "0x" (it is a hexadecimal number) and pass it fillp():

fillp(0x95a6)
circfill(64,64,40,0xacd)
fillp() -- reset

Press UP and DOWN to browse the catalogue, [X] to invert and [O] (z/c) to hide the info bar.

I don't know if there is a

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #danestal-0 | 2023-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

"Daneste" is a captivating and visually charming platformer game that draws inspiration from the critically acclaimed title "Celeste." Similar to its predecessor, "Daneste" features a simple-based gameplay experience, inviting players to navigate through challenging levels using precise controls. The game incorporates a unique twist by integrating symbols that represent the diverse disciplines of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math).

Each realm in "Daneste" immerses players in a distinct world that symbolizes one of these fields. The Science realm takes players on a mesmerizing journey through the DNA World, where they encounter fascinating genetic structures. In the Technology realm, players delve into the Robotics World, exploring futuristic landscapes filled with mechanical marvels. The Engineering realm, known as the Blueprint World, offers intricate puzzles for players to conquer. The Art realm immerses players in the vibrant Painting World, where creativity and aesthetics intertwine. Lastly, the Math realm challenges players in the Calculation/Slope World, where they must navigate through geometric puzzles and intricate slopes.

With its engaging gameplay mechanics and symbolic realms, "Daneste" promises an enthralling adventure that celebrates the wonders of STEAM education.

I want to thank the Celeste Classic Discord for giving me feedback and all the advice you guys gave me.

DISCLAMIER: IN THE BLUEPRINT WORLD, THERE IS SECRET PATHWAYS

3 comments

Coiled hair girl

Cart #coiledhairgirl-1 | 2023-06-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Story

One day, Coyle with long hair was possessed by a supernatural being called "Treat".
Thanks to that,She can move her hair freely, but in consideration she can't help but be hungry.

On the other hand, the monsters that come out of the Dimensional Bucket steal the bread and go all over town.
So, Coyle is forced to go around destroying them at Treat's request.
She'll have some bread too!

Rules

You control Coyle that drags the long hair,
Let's defeat all the monsters on the stage, the dimensional bucket as well.
As a weapon, you can use a hair attack like a whip.
It also clears enemy bullets.

If you press the attack and up button, the hair will move, so please hook the tip to the gear.
This allows you to reach floors that you can't reach by jumping. (no contact judgment during this time)

Control

⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️...up,down,left and right
❎...blow a long hair(+⬅️➡️ long range attack , +⬆️ search hoot)
🅾️...jump

...thank you for playing!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #snake_by_dc-0 | 2023-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Snake

There are fewer snake clones then I expected on this platform, so I made another one.

I remember some snake games I played on this platform felt sluggish in their controls.
I tried to make this game feel as responsive as possible. Let me know if I succeeded.

4 comments

Cart #thgthg01-1 | 2023-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #thgthg01-0 | 2023-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This Project is at the beginning.
This post is only for testing (educational)

0 comments

Cart #raccoon_ball-1 | 2023-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Does what it says on the box.

(updated to fix a major oversight: now it bounces)

Photo by Toan Chu

18 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->