BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

AI-Generated Video Game and Cartridge Image

A game entirely created with ChatGPT, using just prompts to describe what the game should be about. Even the game title was a ChatGPT suggestion. No coding involved.

It took me about 2 hours to finish; it was my first attempt, and the game was entirely improvised while I was prompting ChatGPT.

Image created with DALL-E.

Cart #castle_defender-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #hit8ox_editor-2 | 2023-04-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

THIS IS NOT A GAME

This is the Game Editor tool (work in progress) used to create the character animations and environments in the HIT8OX game.

HIT8OX can be played here.

MODES:

• Player mode (actions: move, rotate)
  • Environment mode (actions: move, rotate, scale, change cube's color, make cubes visible / invisible)

Controls (mouse needed)

Left click - select points
Right click - pan camera
Scroll wheel - zoom in / out
Arrow keys - move points, scale cube ends

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hit8ox-9 | 2023-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A fully 3D fighting game that takes place in several urban environments. There's also an animation editor tool for the game that can be accessed at the end of the post.

Game Modes

Fight in Solo Mode against the A.I.’s 3 difficulty levels,
or against a friend in Versus Mode.

Personalisation

Both fighters can be personalised in the Character Customisation screen.
You can modify the color of any body part.

Stages

3 different stages to fight in:
-City
-Subway Station

[ Continue Reading.. ]

25 comments

Cart #pinkadventure-1 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pink Adventure -

Around 1 minute of play time

A prototype game that helped me learn how to make adventure games on Pico-8.
I'm new to this game engine, so don't hesitate to give me feedback.

How to play -

You're in control of a small pink mushroom.
Grab orbs, open doors, talk with mysterious creatures...

Controls -

Move - Arrow Keysa
Pass Dialogue - X/V

2 comments

Cart #dowoboridi-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #the_awesome_goober-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #budgetceleste-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A few months ago I thought it would be funny to try to remake Celeste completely from memory. That means the physics, the sprites, the levels, the music, etc. I did get stuck a few times and have to reference Celeste briefly but most of it was made by me. Anyways I never finished the project so here it is as an April Fool's thing I guess.

Also, it only goes up to 2400m.

2 comments

4/1/23

Cart #rockfall4-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #topfivejumpscares-0 | 2023-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Thanks to squewe for inspiration

6 comments

Cart #amiquest-4 | 2023-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

AmiQuest: The Game is a BBS compatible multicart PICO-8 fangame (no reload() usage) made for the VTuber Amiya Aranha! Play as Amiya as she explores a variety of platforming levels to find the buckos.

While the game is intended as a fangame, it is perfectly playable even if you don't understand the references. This game was developed over the course of roughly 6 weeks. For convenience, the complete source code is avaliable on the itch.io page.

Buttons:
O: Jump/Menu Select/Level Select
X: Web/Menu Back
PAUSE: Pause Menu (press again to access default PICO-8 pause menu)

Music Credits:
Main Theme: DOVA-SYNDROME - 素直じゃないね恋心

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #red_barron_v2_3-0 | 2023-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Updates

v2.3

• fixed a bug where you could kill the bosses with the shield
  • added two extra levels

v2.2

• added shield collision with enemies, hitting an enemy with the shield will destroy both the shield and the enemy

v2.1

• more balanced lootdrops, they are now a lot less random.

v2.0

• fixed lvl 4 weapon on player 2 not working
  • fixed shields for player 2

v1.9

• added a supercharge pickup. this will give you a 50% bonus firerate
  • improved the game over and win screens to look more polished
  • made it so that killing a mini-boss will drop you 5 coins and one random pickup
  • adjusted the hud, score is now shown at the bottom center, this fixes the overlap with healthbars from bosses
  • improved the shield pickup, it now looks more like a forcefield and it blinks when it's about to run out. I also added a shockwave and soundfx on enemy projectile impact
  • removed score rendering on game over screen as it's already rendered inside the text window. this also allowed for me to move the enemy waves a tiny bit to the top of the screen giving more play-area

v1.8

• added a shield pickup. you will gain a shield for 15s that protects you from frontal projectile impact

v1.7

• Improved the visibility of the enemy aimed shot sprite
  • Depending on the level you're at, there will be 1 to 3 aimed shots per enemy
  • Redone the player muzzle flash, it now takes up less tokens and increases in size depending on your weapon level and looks nicer.
  • Added weapon level 4 (dual shot)
  • Made a story and some more info on my website

[ Continue Reading.. ]

24 comments

Cart #treeplanting_adventure-1 | 2023-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

V2 Improved graphics, simplicity and music

Hi everyone, I just finished a new game. It's a tree planting simulator !
I'm an ex tree planter, and always wanted to make a game using the mechanics of this job since it feels a bit like a puzzle.

How to play

Level

1. Leave spacing between your trees so they can grow properly, 1 meter equals one space (8X8 pixel).
  2. Trees need to have a certain density for a radius to fullfill the reforestation requirement, i.e. in a radius of 4m I want to have about 5 trees. When you hold z button it opens up the radius and tells you (actual trees / number there should be). You can move the plot around while holding the button.
  3. You cannot bring too many trees with you, cause it's too heavy, so place your cache wisely to fill up your bags without having to walk too much ! eventually by buying new bags you will increase your capacity.
  4. Sometimes there is slash in the way (residues of wood or rocks). You can destroy it to make room for a perfectly placed tree. eventually buying a new shovel will help destroy them.
  5. Buying new boots will increase your speed.
  6. You earn money for every tree planted, the price is different for each block.
  7. Having a perfect density of trees will give you 50pts (it tolerates 0.5 difference high or low). In the level report, if you see > sign it means try to plant with more space, if you see < then tighten up your trees (< too low density, > too high density). If your density is wrong, you have a minus (10 * the difference with the requirement) pts.
  8. You need to plant at least 1/5 of all trees or you will get a minus 50pts.
  9. The faster you finish, more points you get.
  10. You get minus 5 points for trees that are too close to each others, and minus 10 points for trees planted in the woods, road or water.

Overworld

1. Repair and buy new equipment at the shops. Planting a tree wears out equipment.
  2. Rest at camp sites to replenish energy, moving and planting wears out energy.
  3. Use the arrows to travel between different regions

Inspirations

• Golf Story : relaxing puzzle on different terrain
  • Gargoyle's Quest : simple abilities to level up instead of character levelup
  • Uniracer : your character being an object
  • Mario 3 : the overworld to present levels with different paths
  • Final Fantasy : management of resting and shops and music

Thanks to my big brother for introducing me to the world of video games, game design and also pico8. I'm having a blast and I've been learning a lot through this experience !
Can't wait to read your comments on the game, hope you like it ;)

P-A

0 comments

Cart #tetragram-0 | 2023-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tetris meets nonogram. Fill the rectangle with tetrominoes.

Arrows - Move

Z - Place/Remove color.

X - Change color.

Q - Restart level.

Z+X - Quit level.

Tips:

• There are a number of logical "tricks" you can use to deduce some placings. For example, when a yellow is near a wall or occupied space, that means the position on the opposing side will always be occupied by yellow. There are a number of similar deductions you can do for each and every piece.
  • In the early levels the initial color always give you at least one other space and that in turn another and another...
  • A general strategy for when nothing seems to follow logically is to try placing a full piece and see if that causes a 'contradiction'. Something like: If I fill red this way that means a full orange piece would have to go on that hole, but there's an orange single on the other side, so red have to be filled in some other way.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Controls

Z and X to Move
UP to Jump

Abilities
DOWN to Slam when Jumping
LEFT and RIGHT to Charge

Rules

Your goat family have been taken by cultists to be sacrificed to bring back their God, BAHEMUT
Use your abilities to traverse the level, find your goat family and the crowns scattered around the level and take them to the ritual pool. You have 2 minutes time limit.

Background

This is my first game in Pico-8 and I am quite happy with how it turned out. I'm mainly glad to have finished something for once.

1 comment

I changed up some of the instruments, also I have a tip: SMASH your keys, this thing is NOT SENSITIVE.

Cart #simemwewa-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Credit to PBES studio for the original Fussenheim Syndrome/ Nuke'n'Rhythm

1 comment

Cart #megavein_v00-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #hmumugsu-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

10 PRINT

A Pico 8 implementation of the classic generative art command 10 PRINT for the Commodore 64.

Controls

• Press X to pause or resume the simulation.
  • Pres Z to restart.
2 comments

Hi

I'm wondering if the config file is exported to html/bin.
I would like the joystick_index to be exported

I was also wondering if there is a way to export your keyconfig along with the html exprort.
On the bin export that seems to be the case.

thanks in advance

0 comments

Cart #gatodahiha-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #motegipoja-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #degenuyawe-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #dobuzozaje-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #wasufuduno-0 | 2023-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->