BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #scythes_breakout-6 | 2023-03-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:
Arrows to move the paddle
(x)=X/V
(o)=Z/C

Some gameplay

Changelog:
5/3/23-Fixed collision glitches
3/3/23-Added better logo and bug-fixes
28/2/23-Added music and other tweaks

0 comments

I was trying to download Pico-8 on my Mac device but (I already own it) so I went to the downloads page and clicked on pico-8 it never downloads and just takes me to the home page. So I tried clicking on the Mac icon. That did not work, I'm probably doing this wrong and maybe the downloads page isn't the downloads page or something? Or I'm clicking the wrong button. Tell me!

1 comment

Cart #picoloadv-1 | 2023-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm new to Pico-8, so I thought I'd work on a demake of the old Adventures of Lolo game for the NES. This is a fairly simple puzzle game with real time puzzles that have to be solved in the correct sequence. I just got the first level working and am starting work on the second level. Mostly just a preview at this point! I'm tinkering with it a few hours every week or so. Lots of fun and learning so much!

0 comments

Cart #candycube-0 | 2023-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a mod of MetroCubeVainia, by FlyTrapStudios. You can play that game here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=30643

////

Enjoy!
:)

7 comments

Cart #pvader-2 | 2023-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(v02 02-22-23)
TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #pvader

VVHAT'S NEW ?

(02-24-23)

• The player now appears in the middle after you lose a tank, just like when you start the game.

• Because of the incredibly high scores, I have tweaked the speed of the invader slightly to be faster over time.

• Also because of the high scores I am seeing, I am setting it so the flying saucer makes one pass. Once it goes off the edge of the screen to the left, it will not reappear until you make another +100 score. So now it's vital you shoot it when it appears. If you somehow miss it, it will appear again once you get your score +100 again.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #rtr_custominv_1-0 | 2023-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

And here is another little game I did on my spare time.
Yes, I know, it's yet another Space Invaders clone, but I wanted to make one that behave closer to the original Arcade version, and also add a little twist to it.

Indeed, you can customize your game, with a lot of parameters like:

• the number of players (up to 4!)
  • the type of display
  • the number of monsters coming up, how much of each type and their starting position
  • shot speed from the monsters and from the players
  • the number and size of protective shields
  • number of lives and how much points for extra

Controls:

Customization menu:

Up/Down - Select parameter
Left/Right - Change parameter

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

itch io link

Cart #runomonia-1 | 2023-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is This?

The cat has eaten a magic pill, giving him Runomonia - The obsession with running. The cat needs to get the MAGIC BUBBLE in order to get rid of Runomonia.
But the bad enemies have been ensuring that the MAGIC BUBBLE will never be taken!
What will he do? Will he get help from you?
Jump and Bop enemies, and if you are courageous enough, you shalt help the poor cat.

How To Play?

You move automatically. Press X to Jump. Kill on enemies by hitting them on their head, or avoid them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #picostriker-6 | 2023-02-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone!

This is my first Pico-8 project, a very basic space shooter. Of course it's heavily influenced by the wonderful LazyDevs tutorial.

I am aiming for this to be a tribute to the 1990 Solar Striker game boy game. I have used sprites made by Master484 (Public Domain) and maybe I will borrow some elements from the original Solar Striker game. Still looking for a sound artist that would allow me to use his music in this game, or for a nice track collection that would fit a space shooter

Please feel free to comment on my code, since I am an enterprise software full-stack developer (in .net and angular) and I am afraid my coding style (a bit more Object Oriented) may result in poor performance or it's simply out of the Pico-8 ecosystem practices.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #blokgame-3 | 2023-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #blokgame-2 | 2023-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #blokgame-0 | 2023-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #turbofight-1 | 2023-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Story

The year is 2045.
The human race is still searching for a habitable planet outside the Milky Way. The bravest warrior was chosen to explore a distant galaxy. Everything looked good at first, but shortly before reaching the surface of the first distant planet, strange-looking and not very nice monsters attack him.
Will he still manage to reach the alien planet?

Controls

The game is controlled by using the steering cross and the x button. Nothing else is needed.
In further levels there appear some power ups that can be selected from the fighter. Some things like a safety shield or a turbo gun. I don't want to give everything away, so this must be enough at this point. ;-)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #industrialmusic-0 | 2023-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just another song I made while messing around. I'm just starting to learn coding so making music is what i'm starting with.

8 comments

Cart #somerain-3 | 2023-03-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Some Rain

Watch rain drops fall and splash at the bottom of the screen to the susurrating sound of rain falling.

No controls or interaction—just some rain.

Options

The sound can be toggled in the pause menu as can the wind effect.

Why

What started as a quick experiment with particles turned into a little simulation which is more little than simulation.

Miscellanea

This cart was originally called "Just Rain" but I appear to have subconsciously copied that from the existing, and rather wonderful, Just Rain by ROBYSOFT. So now it is called "Some Rain".

4 comments

Cart #pajinehuho-0 | 2023-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #blasteroids-2 | 2023-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

• Left arrow and right arrow to turn the ship canon

• Up arrow to accelerate the ship forward

• X or O to fire the ship canon

• When X or O are held down the canon will autofire; however, the canon will rotate faster when not firing

• Drifting of the ship can be toggled on and off in the Pause Menu

Rules:

In Blasteroids you control a space ship with the objective of shooting asteroids into smaller chunks until nuggets of Zytonium ore are revealed and can be harvested. To harvest ore you must move your ship over it and it will be collected. After enough chunks of ore have been harvested you will move on to the next objective.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

My next Celeste mod is something I don't understand why it hasn't been done before...I was inspired by a very popular album that I like to listen to sometimes, I warn you in advance that the mod is probably bad but I don't do it with the intention of offending anyone, I just like the concept and I haven't seen anyone do it before with Celeste.

4 comments

Cart #busybee-0 | 2023-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a little game I made for the 2022 Github Game Off Jam, forgot to post it anywhere other than itch!
Here's the itch page as well https://alexhlocke.itch.io/busybee
It's a pretty simple little high score based game, I didn't have too much time to do anything too crazy. I think the game was made in under a day, but honestly I don't really remember haha. Enjoy!

3 comments

Hi friends,

@Wolfe3D recently asked me to do the soundtrack for his fan game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in: Shredder's Prevenge. With such an ambitious and impressive project shaping up, how could anyone say no? I'll be posting music here and on radico8 as Wolfe3D releases the corresponding game content. The soundtrack will feature seven songs plus assorted jingles. I'll lead off here with a couple covers I couldn't resist trying to make. I hope you like them!

(This is a totally free, totally non-commercial fan project, all intellectual property contained within the content below belongs to its respective owners. Please don't sue me.)

11/15/2023: Added Super Smash Turts, Shinobi Sentai Shellranger, lowercase technodrome, Tin Grin.

Tracklist

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #chaste_polygon-0 | 2023-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I have expanded the circle demo greatly and now instead of a circle it draws a regular polygon. It makes use of player 1 and 2 controls in order to change the position, radius, color, rotation, and number of sides. Try pressing buttons and see what happens!

I have a routine for drawing regular polygons which actually spans several functions. With a few modifications from the C code I was able to make this PICO-8 Lua version that does the same basic thing.

0 comments

Cart #pato_bike-0 | 2023-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Enjoy the experience of being a little duck on it's bike eating some brad. quack

Art: @SamuxsCS
SFX: @SamuxsCS
Music: @SamuxsCS & Tobby Fox
Code: @altaskur & @SamuxsCS

4 comments

Cart #where_to_root-4 | 2023-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Where to Root is a spin-off of this year's Global Game Jam, which had as theme "root".

The basic mechanics of the game are:

• Trees grow, sprout seeds, drop seeds and disappear
  • Seeds travel in a fixed direction and can take root to grow into new trees
  • Each player can only decide when (and where) to root their seeds

It's an area control game with quite some randomness.
You will need a plan, skill, persistence and a bit of luck.
You cannot control where seeds sprout and the direction they move in.
However, you can decide which seeds to root and when and where to do so.
Are you able to get a tree in each of the target areas?

The game is still a work in progress but already features eleven levels.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->