BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

I wanted to throw some sfx instruments I liked into the mix and I wanted to add the instrument I used in my world4 cover (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=41981)
I think it sounds like a flute? I have no idea.
[sfx]

also here's it by it's self too.

Cart #flute_toot_sounds-0 | 2022-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hope this is a good.

1 comment

This is a duplicate of this earlier piano SFX as far as the midilib project is concerned, but I wanted to share my attempt at replicating ... I think the sample I was referencing was an upright piano? As best as I could.

[sfx]

As with the others, this is free to use, although credit is appreciated; the manual entry on custom SFX instruments should explain how to use it.

3 comments

No cart preview right now, but posting the SFX so people can use it: my latest best shot at a xylophone sound:

[sfx]

Free to use, credit appreciated; manual section on SFX instruments is here if it's not something you're familiar with.

0 comments

Cart #glass_instrument-1 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(v00 10-04-22)

TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #glass_instrument

Giving full credit to @packbat and @jo560hs for the suggestion of unique instruments.

This instrument is submitted to @packbat's project, "midilib."
I found a match in standard Midi instruments, however this can be renamed and renumbered by the Midilib team.
This has also been updated, it now only takes one instrument to play, not two.
The instrument is located at SFX zero.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=49265

Here is me writing for the very first time, 4-channel music from the opening to a song I wrote for piano years ago, using an instrument I just now made for Pico-8 simply called, "Glass."

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #constells_canvas-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

constells canvas is an open universe starbox game created for the pico-1k 2022 game jam! it fits in 1019 compressed chars

constell is a multiversal demigod. ve has access to the 65,536 universes! you are given the opportunity to visit as many as you want! additionally, you may draw your own constellations across veir starboxes!

CONTROLS::::

in the universe id selection screen:

• left&right to change to a neighbouring universe
  • up&down to change universe id by -100&100 respectively(for fast scrolling)
  • x to reroll universe id
  • z to confirm a visit it that universe ^_^

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #gayebekewu-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

i was making a movement test to test out but the sprite smears how do i fix it?

3 comments

ORM by Håkon Lervik

Cart #orm_haklerz-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is a simple Snake clone that i made over the course of a week, just to get over the hurdle of finishing my first game.

Remarks

I am quite happy with the implementation and look of the game. The code is quite simple procedural code, but with a few unreadable hacks here and there. The code is largely uncommented so feel free to ask me if you need me to explain anything.

And if you feel like tearing my code apart, please do! :D I would love to know what I could have done better, although I do already know of a few pieces that need refactoring.

0 comments

So, PICO-8's built-in tracker has a startling amount of customization, but it can be kinda tricky actually making a custom SFX instrument when you want one - so a few of us on the Discord, me and @jo560hs and @bikibird, were thinking it might be interesting to look at the list of General Midi 1 instruments as a shopping list and see how many we can knock off.

And as a bonus, if we can complete the list, @jo560hs was talking about possibly making an sf2 soundfont for folks who like playing with those.

So, if you wanna jump in and add stuff to the catalog, the guidelines we decided on for convenience of people hunting down instruments afterwards are these:

• tag the post with midilib
  • use a subject line of the format midi [number] [name]
  • (ideally, each instrument should be posted in its own thread, so specific ones can be found more easily)
  • embed your SFX there so people can hear it and copy it

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

For anyone who wants it, an SFX imitating an electric guitar with overdrive:

[sfx]

Free to use, credit appreciated.

(If you are not already familiar, the manual has a brief explanation of how custom SFX instruments work.)

3 comments

A group of us on the Discord were talking about how it'd be useful it'd be to have a big library of SFX instruments, so here's one I made a while ago to act as a ragtime piano:

[sfx]

Free to use, credit appreciated.

(If you are not already familiar, the manual has a brief explanation of how custom SFX instruments work.)

1 comment

Cart #dinotrails-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1K Jam on Itch.io

A simple game in 762 compressed bytes inspired by Oregon Trail! Post your high scores below!

(Trades are allowed a maximum 5 times and you cannot "reroll" for a better trade.)

2 comments

Cart #ssbulletbarrage-4 | 2024-02-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Simple Shooter

Bullet barrage!

In this short basic shmup (Shoot 'em ups) you will face numerous waves of alien invaders trying to destroy our galaxy. Make them feel the taste of your space bullets and cover them with a barrage of bullets

Game Play

You must shoot down all the aliens. Also, try to collect bonus coins to get special shoots, extra lives, and shields throughout your journey of liberating the galaxy. These power-ups will be very helpful in your task of repealing alien attacks.

Controls

• Cursor movement: arrow keys

• Fire: Z
  • Use special shoots: X

Controllers are also supported.

Development

I made this game based in part on the Basic Shmup Tutorial using Pico-8 for the Basic Shmup Showcase Game Jam

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #supahex1k_r2-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Entry for the PICO-8 1k Jam, where only code is allowed (no sprites or audio) and compressed size is limited to 1024 bytes.

This is a demake of Super Hexagon. Controls are just left and right - avoid the walls for as long as possible! After game over, the game will reset after a short pause. High scores are saved.

Credit for the smallest triangle fill code goes to p01.

Revision 2: removed a remark (facepalm), made a small increase to the wall gaps, tweaked the game over screen to be quicker and wait for a button press, reduced flashing of timer a bit. 4 bytes free but can't really use them anywhere. Thanks for the feedback all.

9 comments

(v00 09-10-22)

by dw817
Cart #nrkr-0 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #nrkr

Hello !

I was unaware that Pico-8 could read raw keystrokes. While we have the ability of reading normal keystrokes, I have not seen any code from others that will register reading and determining whether or not you pressed the LEFT shift key or the RIGHT one.

This program will do just that, in addition to a whole host of other keys - that you really shouldn't press as they could be associated with a function. Yet this program does correctly read function keys for instance, F1-F12. It reads if you pressed CAPS-LOCK, NUMBER-LOCK, SCROLL-LOCK, left CTRL, right CTRL, and every other key on the keyboard.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #knutil_join-1 | 2022-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

JOIN() Join strings with a delimiter.

• Joins the argument strings with the specified delimiter.
  • This function consumes 25 Token.
?join('====','----','----','----','----\n')

?join(' ',unpack({'test','[join]','is','ok!\n\n'}))

?join('\fa◆\f6','c','o','m','p','l','e','t','e\n')

?join('\-e=\-e',unpack(split('----------------------------','')))

This function is included in the KNUTIL library.

release note

v0.2

• variable argument support by tuple

v0.1

• first release
5 comments

As the title states, as far as I can tell exported carts (via export cart.bin, HTML works fine) don't have 0.2.2b's "force-pause-menu" on hold feature implemented in any form.

This is preventing me from building an exported Terra, which has the saving functionality as an option in the pause menu, accessed by holding pause while the normal pause key press is used to open the inventory. And I can't work around it easily, because the pause key is only returned the first time it is pressed. (As you probably know, Terra doesn't exactly have much space to spare)

I feel like it should be there. Especially considering this can prevent controllers from exiting the game.
If it's intentional for tools, could it be added as an export flag? So say export cart.bin -s for a "safe" export with the forced pause enabled. Or the opposite, so it uses the same default behaviour as everything else and then an "unsafe" flag would disable it.

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->