BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

I was wondering, how could I change my username on this website? I chose it a while ago and would like to change it, if possible. thanks

1 comment

Cart #pwordle-0 | 2022-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #powdergame-0 | 2022-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A demake of the powder game from Dan Ball complete with powder, liquid, gas and fire and clone element as well as a failed attempt to make conways game of life

its a bit glitchy and laggy but it works

1 comment

so I tried to use my Playstation 5 controller with my PICO-8 software, it is running on windows and I added the sdl2 map. Here is the map:
030000004c050000e60c000000000000,PS5 Controller,a:b1,b:b2,back:b8,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,guide:b12,leftshoulder:b4,leftstick:b10,lefttrigger:a3,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b5,rightstick:b11,righttrigger:a4,rightx:a2,righty:a5,start:b9,touchpad:b13,x:b0,y:b3,platform:Windows,

it should be correct yet when I try to use my Playstation 5 controller it isn't working, no buttons do anything. I read the wiki on how to set it up and I think I'm doing everything right. what are common mistakes or causes that this doesn't work.

0 comments

Cart #ldmemtest0001-0 | 2022-05-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the code I mention in a youtube comment on a LazyDevs episode in his Shmup series.

1 comment

arrows to move cursor
press O to stop/start
press X to place pixel
hold O and tap right arrow to move one frame at a time
left + right + O + X to clear screen

Cart #wojsonaba-0 | 2022-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

wat

Cart #smbap8-0 | 2022-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

gonna start making my first game today wish my luck :)

-cultered_butter
0 comments

So uhhhi am new on this page lol

joe mama

0 comments

SPRITE 00 - SAND
SPRITE 01 - LEMON
SPRITE 02 - All colors
SPRITE 16 - WHITE
SPRITE 17 - STORM
SPRITE 18 - Top is LIME, bottom is MOSS

Modify your palette matching the image. I used Painto8 Lite bbs cart to generate this line of code.
pal(split("7,2,3,4,5,6,1,8,9,10,11,135,13,14,15,0"),1)

Put the code in and run it once.

pal(split("7,2,3,4,5,6,1,8,9,10,11,135,13,14,15,0"),1)
poke(0x5f2e,1)	--editor mode

function _draw()
	cls()
	print("its running",0,100,1)
	spr(0,0,0,3,2)
end

Now do the IMPORT and run again.
Whats happening: When your custom palette being drawn in editor mode, ONLY THEN you are good to import the sprites. After that, you can remove the poke.

all the steps in 8 seconds or less

links

https://twitter.com/lexaloffle/status/1169043337665335297

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Hello!
I am currently finishing a Celeste mod (yes very original) from Among Us, like a Suseste but without being a troll and longer

ES:Hola!
estoy actualmente terminando un mod de Celeste (si muy original) de Among Us, como un Suseste pero sin ser troll y mas largo

Les Presento "Amogus In Celeste"
I present to you "Amogus In Celese"

Y si, como ven en el gif esta en Español xD
And yes, as you can see in the gif, it is in Spanish

5 comments

Well, it's (apparently) been 4 years since I last posted here
I just wanna say i appreciate the hell outta zep for giving me the opportunity to work with this engine and build my computer science skills.
I'm 22 now and the ability to program is still incredibly important to me (im a compsci major).
I honestly loved this community so much growing up, it was instrumental to me and who I always wanted to be. I am incredibly thankful.

0 comments

Made in 1 hour for the 1 hour animation challenge

Press the Z button to jump!

1houranim

Cart #daneforute-0 | 2022-05-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

I am very new to pico-8 and want to know where to start.
I know, there are many tutorials out there, but I tried one and I didn't feel like I was progressing in understanding.
Where do I go to start?

4 comments

Post game requests here for https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=47699

if possible put:

CATEGORY (ONLY ONE):
game
tweetcart
tool

game name
author
any tags you feel apply (multiple tags are fine)
cart ID

(if enough jam games are put here, a jam category will be added)

4 comments

Cart #jiwumutigi-1 | 2022-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello this is my first game and the lasers just don't do what they're meant to

Instead of firing one at a time they just come out in a stream

I'm doing the magpi spaceshooter tutorial and I've looked at the code for it and it is the same as my code

I really need help

thanks

[#Drone to Home v0.1#]

2 comments

Old builds of my completed game

Cart #rushtree11232-0 | 2022-05-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #pitareriso-0 | 2022-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #ramsajru-0 | 2022-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Okay, when viewing code for a bunch of games, there seems to be variables that are put into the parentheses after a function's name. What are the purpose of these?
My guess is that they're local variables, but I have no idea.

3 comments

I may have a non-standard definition of fun...

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that this is quite likely a completely useless little utility as far as PICO-8 development is concerned. I just like writing this kind of thing just for fun. But if you do find it interesting or useful, let me know!

This is basically just a function which allows you to create curried functions—which I attempt to explain below if you're unfamiliar with them—which can be partially applied in a natural way in Lua. I'm not sure why it took me so long to write this since it's just a rip-off of my python implementation of the same thing.

Anyway, here it is on github or you can copy/paste the code from the example.

Example

Here's a simple little proto-game thing which I stuffed full of as many curried functions as I thought I could reasonably get away with. Not gonna claim that it's the best—or even good—way to organize a game but I think it does an okay job of showing how to use partial application as a sort of dependency injection/data encapsulation.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

I think there should be a way to import lexaloffle.com Favorites into PICO-8 and VOXATRON, of course logging in in the apps is not a good solution so a way to export favorites.txt files would be nice, also a way to import PICO-8/VOXATRON favorites into lexaloffle.com

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->