BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #tennisforone-1 | 2022-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little pong-like game! Your basic goal is to keep rallys going, by controlling both paddles! (One paddle moves up, the other moves down. Move the paddles with the up and down buttons) You start with one ball, but the number increases from there. If you lose a ball, your score gets halved. The balls may also not move quite how you expect! Try to get as high of a score as possible.

VERSION 1.1: Only 3 balls can exist at once, and changed score mechanics (when score is bigger than 10, when a ball is lost, you lose 5 points instead of half)

3 comments

Does anyone know if there is a way to exit early when a print command is running with the \^d p8scii special command that adds delay frames in between each character?

I'm in token crunch mode and realizing this new special command could be extremely handy for easy RPG-style printing delay with zero code in certain situations, but if there was a way to exit early, it would be even more useful!

And if this is not currently possible, consider it a feature request :p

3 comments

Cart #blons1_1-0 | 2022-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a demake of bloons tower defense for pico-8!

There are 4 maps in the game!

mouse recommended

8 comments

Cart #dashanddoge-6 | 2022-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

DASH&DOGE

Pretty self-explanatory

How to play

Press ❎ to dash and smash the shards. If you smash a shard with matching color you get a point otherwise you lose a life.

As you play some items will spawn like:

• Heart
  • God mode
  • Doubler

Some enemies will also spawn and shoot bullets at you so you have to dodge the bullets and smash those enemies too

About this game

Dash&Doge is my first PICO-8 game. I started this project to try to make a new game mechanic that is fun to play, although I don't know if I succeed or not. Because this was my first time making a game in PICO-8 the code is little messy

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #aphorism_gen-1 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was just a silly idea. It's not perfect but I hope you get a laugh out of it.

0 comments

Cart #minsnakegame-3 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An attempt at size-optimizing the classic game of snake.
The final code was 416 in characters.

m={}x=3y=2r=1c=0o=0d=2^7f=flip
l=3w=16h=w::_::cls()for i=1,w*h do
m[i]=m[i]or 0if(m[i]>0)m[i]-=1
if(o)k=flr(rnd(w*h-l))+1o=nil
if(m[i]==0)k-=1m[i]=(k==0)and -8/3 or 0
p=(i%w)*d/w
q=flr((i-1)/h)*d/h
rect(p,q,p+d/w-1,q+d/h-1,3*min(m[i],1))?l-3,0,0,7
end
b=btn()t=(b&2)/2-(b&1)if(t~=0)r,c=t,0
t=(b&8)/8-(b&4)/4if(t~=0)c,r=t,0
x,y=(x+r)%w,(y+c)%h
n=x+w*y+1if(m[n]<0)l+=1o=0
if(m[n]<=0)m[n]=l f()f()f()goto _
?"game over"

Here is the commented version.

Cart #minsnakegame_commented-0 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

I was putting together a Minecraft-themed intro for my Twitch streams a while back. It all started when I made a silly grass block in PICO-8. Then I thought, "Hey, couldn't I just arrange this block into an array and create art with it?" Sure enough:

Cart #wogeweduyi-0 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Pretty basic, right? Not bad, gets the job done. Scrolls and shows whatever you put into a 2-D array, with the sprite ID as data and 0 always meaning "empty". Cool. That led me to think about "what if I made an actual 3-D ish Minecraft scene with this?" The map system could be useful for isometric games, too.

Putting it together was pretty easy, aside from the rendering math. You have to get your offsets just right when dealing with isometric, or you can get some super weird results. You also need to structure your data in a way that ensures the drawing order layers correctly without separating things into discrete layers. Thankfully, an isometric map format works best from the bottom, top left tile. Generally the top-most tile of the bottom layer. After tinkering around for a while, I discovered the correct offsets, verified through various tricks, and set out to make some fancier "tiles" for lack of a better word. I think it came out decent:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Witch n' Wiz

Cart #witchnwiz0-0 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Note

Hi, I'm 9tk, designer and pixel-artist / pixel-animator of Witch n' Wiz 2017!
I'm re-uploading the game to share it with those who are interested in my older works.
The game was co-developed with talented programmer Matt Hughson in casual collaboration.
Please enjoy playing!

Screens

About Witch N' Wiz

Your main goal is to defeat all enemies on screen by giving them a hearty tackle.
You can step on enemies to solve the puzzle and reverse time in case you made a misstep.
Solve the game as fast as possible - how long will it take you?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #smb1celeste-1 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

madeline but bad

24 comments

@cubee heres the bugged save file

[hidden]" r r r r r r r rr r r r r r rr rrrr rr rrr rr r r rr rrrrr r rrrrrr rr r r rrr rrrrr r r r rrrrrrrr rr rrrr r r rrr rrrrsr r r r r r rr rrrrrrrrs rr r rrrr r r r r r r rrr ssss*r r r r r r r r r r rr rrrrssss& ss r rrrr rr r rrr r r r sss *+r r rr rrr r r r r r r r r rr rrrs&&&&'&&&& r rrrr rr r rrr r r r s **+++++br r rr r rrr r r r r r rrr rr r r rrr r r rss&3''''''''&s rrrr rr r rrr r 1 1 r r r r *++++bbbbbbr r rr r rrr r r r r r rrrrrrrrrr rrr r r r&&'''''''''''&& rrrr ss !r rrr rr ..............-------.-----........................ r r r r r r r +++bbbbbbbbbbs s*rr r rrr r r r r r rrrrrrrrrr rrr r r r s''''''''''''''' ssss !!!!!"r rrr rr r -eeeeeeeeeee- r r r r r r r rr bbbbbbbbbbbb3*+rr r rss s s s s s rrrrrrrrrr &sss rrr r r &'''''''''''''''&!!!!!"""""br rrr rr " r -1eeeeeeeeee- r r r r s4,lll,, r r r rr bbbbbbb*333+++rr s s&&&&3&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ssssrrrrrs &&&'&&& srr r r gggggggg'''''''''''""""bbbbbbr sss ss " r -.eeeee.eeee- r r r rr r r 44lll,, r r r rr3,lll,,b+++3++++++ss &&&&&'''33''''''''''''''''&&&&&sssss&&'''''''&&rrr r r gggggggggg'''''''''bbbbbbbbbbs !!!3!!!!!! s neeeeeeeeee1- r rrr r r r r r r rr s*s 33,lll,, r r r ss,,lll,,++++++++++++++&&& &&'''''''''''''''''''''''''33''''&&&&&'''''''''3'srr r r r gggggggggggg'''''''bbbbbbbbb!!!!""""""""""!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!--ee02/deee.- r rrr rr r r rr r r r r rs **++3,3llll,,+*s s s,,llll,,++++++++++++++'3' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''33''''''gggggggggg'3''&sr r r r &&&&&&ggggggggggg''bbbb!!!!!"""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""--------een r rrrr rr rrr rr r r r r r r r+++++++++,,llll,,+++++,,llll,,+++++++++++33+33 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''3''''''gggggggggggg'''&r r r r 3'''''3ggggggggggggbbb!""""""""""""""""""""".""""""""""""""""""33""""---! r rrrrrrrrrrr rr rrr r r r r r r s+++++++++++,,llll,,++bbb+++++,,llll,,+++++++++++++3'''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''ggggggggggggg'''s s s s 3'''''3&&3gggggggggbbb"""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""333""""""""!!!! s rrrrrrrrrrr rr rrr r r r rr r r r r r ++++++b++++,,llll,,bbbbb+++++,,llll,,++4++++++++++3''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&&&&&&&&ggggggg'&&&3&&&&&&&&3'''''''33'&&& &ggggbbbbb"""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""3""""""""""""""!!!!! ssrrrrrrrrr rr rrr rrr rrrr r r r r r ,,lll,,++++b++++,,llll,,bbbbb+++++,,,lll,,+4++++++++++++'''' '3''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&&gggggggggggggg'''''''''''''''33' '&&&&bbbbb"""""""""""""""""""".""""""""""""""33"""""""""""""""""""""!!!!sssssrrrr rr rrr rrr rrrr r r r r r,,lll,,,llll,,+++bb+++++,,llll,,bbbb*+++++,,llll,,++++++++++++++'''' '33''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&ggggggggggggg'''''''''''''3'3'' 3''''bbbbb""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""33""""""""""""""""""""""""!!!!!ssss ss sss rrr rrrs s s s s s,,lll,,,llll,,+++bb+++++,,llll,,bb++++++,,llll,,+++++++++++++#'''''ggg''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&&ggggggggggggg3'''''''''''333 ''''bbbbbb""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""33"""""""""""""""33""""""""""""!!!3 3!!!!! !ssssss ****,,lll,,,llll,,++bbb+++++,,llll,,b++++++++,,llll,,+++++++++#####'''ggggg''''''''''''''''''''''''''33''''''''''''''''&&&&&&&&gggggg''gg'''''''''3'''''bbbbbbbb"""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""3"""""""""""""""""3"""""""""""""""3""""""!"!+4++++++++++,,ll',,,llll,,+bbbbb+++b,,llll,,+++++++++,,lllll,,+++##########''gggggg'33''''''''''''''''''''''33''''''33'''''''''''''''''&gggggg'gg'''''''''''''''bbbbbbbbb""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""3""""""""""""""""3""""""3"++++++4++++++++++++,,llll,,llll,,bbbbbbbbbb,,llll,,++++++++++,,lllll,,#3###########'gggggg 3'''''33''''''''''''''''''''''33'''''''''''''''''333&ggggggggg'''''''''''gbbbbbbbbbbbbbb""##########".""""""""""4"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""3""""333"+++++++++++++++++++,,l'll,,llll,,bbbbbbbbbb,,llll,,++++++++++,,,llll,,333##########'gggg&& ''''33''''''''''''''3'''''''''''''''''''3'''''''3''gggggggggg'''''''''ggbbbbbbbbbbbbccccccc######## ##########4######""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""3"""""""""""""+++++++++++++++++++,,ll'l,,llll,,bbbbbbbbbb,,llll,,+++++++###,,,llll,,#3###########gggg&'''' 1 '''''''''''''''''''33''''''''''''''''''333'''3'''''&&gggggggggggg'''''&gbbbbbbbccccccccccccc####### #########44##############""""""""""""""""""""""3"""""""""""""+++++++++++++++++++,,lll',lllll,,bbbbbbb,,llll,,+++########,,llll,,#############gggg''' ' '' ''''''3'''''''''''3'''''''''''''''''''3''33'''''''ggggggggggggg'''''&!#cccccccccccccccccccccccc# ############## #####3#######""""""""""""""""""333"""""""""""+++++++++++++++++++,,llll,lllll,,bbbbbbb++33,llll,,###########,,llll,,#############ggg&'''' ''3'''''''''''3'''''''''''''''''''''''3''''''''ggggggggggggggg''''###ccccccccccc###cccccccccc.############# #####3##########""""""""""""""""3"""""""""""+++++++++++++++++++,,ll'l,llll,,,bbbbbbb+++3,llll,,###########,,llll,,#############g&&''''' ''''''' '33'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''333''''ggggggggggggggggggg''####cccccccccccc##ccccccccc ### ## ####3###############"""""""""""""""""""""""+++++++++++++++++3+,,l'll,llll,,,3cccccc###3,llll,,###########,,llll,,#############g''''''' '''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''ggggggggggggggggggggg''#####cccccccccccc######cccc #### ############### #######"""""""""""""""""""+++++++++++++++++33,,ll'l,llll,,##3ccccc###,,llll,,###########,,llll,,#############&''''''' '''''''' 1 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''gggggg&&gggggggggggggg'#####cccccccccccc######cccc########## ###### # ######### ############""""""""""""""++++++++++++++++++3,,lll',llll,,####cccc##,,lllll,,###########,,llll,,#############''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''ggggg&&''gggggggggggggg'########ccccccccc###cccccc########### ######## ### ################"######"#"++#+++###++########33ll'l,llll,,44##ccccc,,lllll,,,###########,,llll,,#############''''''''''''''''''''''3 ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''gggg&'44'&&&&gggggggggg'########ccccccccc###cccccc############################### # ##############################################,,l'll,llll,,44###cccc,,lllll,,,##########,,lllll,,#############'''''''''''''''''''''33 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''44ggg&''44'''''&&gggggggg'#########1ccccccccccccccc################################# ###############################################,,llll,llll,,#4###cccc,,lllll,,###########,,llll,,,#############''''''''''''''''''''''3' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''45ggggggggggg''''&ggggggg'###########cccccccccccc#################################### ###cccc#########################################,,llll,llll,,ccccccccc,,llll,,,c##########,,llll,,,#############'''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''gggggggggggggg5gggggggggggg''''ggggggg'###########ccccccccccc#########################################cccc#########################################,,llll,llll,,cccccccc3,,lllll,,c##########,,llll,,##############ggggg''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg'''ggggggg'###########ccccccc#############################################ccccc########################################,,'llllllll,,ccccccc#33,,lllll,,c########,,lllll,,##############ggggg''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''ggggggggggggggggggg &&& &gggggggggggggg'###########ccccccc#############################################ccccc########################################,,l'lllllll,,cc#######3,,lllll,,c########,,lllll,,##############gggggg'''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''gggggggggggggggggggg'5'' '&ggggggggggggg'#####33## ccccccc#############################################ccccc########################################,,'llllllll,,##########,,lllll,,cccc#####,,llll,,,######4#######&&ggggg''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''gggggggggggggggggggg5'' '''&gggggggggggg'#####33## ##ccccccc#############################################cccc########################################,,,llllllll,5###4######,,,llll,,cccccc###,,llll,,,#####444######''&ggggggggg'''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''gggggggggggggggggggg '''''&&&&&ggggggg'####3### ##ccccccc########################4####################cccc########################################,,,llllllll55####444###,,lllll,,ccccccc##,,llll,,#######4#######'''gggggggggggg''''''''''' '''''''''''''''gggggg&&&&&&&& '''' '''''''''''ggggggg'####3 #cc #######################44###################ccccc######cccc#########4####################,,llllllll55cc###4###,,llllll,,#cccccc##,,lllll,,##############'''&&ggggggggg ''''''''' ''''''''''''''' &'''''''' ' 'g ''''''''''''& ' 1 ### #ccc #######################44###################c ###### #########44################44#,,llllllll,,cc#######,,llllll,,####cccc#,,lllll,,##############'''''&&&&&gggg '''''''' ''''''''''''''' ''''''''' ' 'g '''''''''''' ########## #######################################4#c ## #########4### ###########44#,,%lllllll,, ######,,lllll,,,####c ,,llllll,,#############''''''''''&&gg ''''''' '''''''''''''' '''''''' '''1''''''''''''' r ######### #####################################444## ############# ###########4##,,,lllllll,, ######,,llll,,,,##### ,,,lllll,,#############''''''''''''&&& ''''' 1'''''''4'4''' '''''' '&''''''''''''' r ######## ####################################### ########## ##############,,,lllllll,, ######,,llll,,,###### ,,,,llll,,###4#########'''''''''''''''& ''''''' '''''''''' '''' '''''' '''''''''''''' r1 ###### # ####################################### ########## ###############,,lllllll,, ######4,,lll,,#######5# ,,,llll,,##44#########'''''''''''''''' '''''' '''''''''' '''' r ''''' '''''''''''''' s& #### . ######################################## ########### 55##############,,,llllll,, ####4#4,,lll,,######### 1ll,,#############'''''''''''''''' '''''' ''''''''' ''''& rr '''' '''''''''''''' & & ### ### ########################################## ######## #555###############,,,llllll,, ######44,,lll,,######### ,,,,,,,,#############'''''''''''''''' '''''' '''''' ' '''''' rr ''' &'''''''''' . '''' " ###### .################################### ###5 ###### ####################,,llllll,, ######44,,,,44,########## ,,,,,,,#############'''''''''''''''' '''''' '''''' '''''''4 rr r ''' ''''''''''' ' .....&''' " ###### 1 ################################### #### ### ####################,,llllll,,, ########,,,,,4,########### ##################'''''''''''44''' &'''''' ''''' ''''''''4'4rr r '' ''''''''''' ' ''' " #############.################################### #### # #####################,,llllll,,, #############44############ #################''''''' '' '''''' ''''' ''''''''''4'ss r #&&&&'''' ' ' '' " ################ #############################5##### #### ######################,,llllll,5 ##################### #####4###########''''''' ' ''''''' 1 ''''''''''''&& rr ''''''' ## ############### #### ######4############55#### ######### ################ ######,,llllll5,, ##################### ##44##########4''''''' r '''''' ''''' '''''''''''''' rr #'''''' ## ####### ### ######44#####5####555#### ############# ################ ####,,lllllll,55# ################5### #4###########4''''''' r '''''''''''' ''''''''''''''& rr #'5''' 1 ####### # #####4#5####555####5##### ########### ############### ##,,lllllll,,5######## ##############5##### 4#####5#5#5##''''''' r ''''''''''' ''''''''''''''' ss 155''' & && ##### #######555###5########### #####555### 5############# ##,,lllll"l555######## ############ ###4 55#####5#5###'''''''& r ''''''''''' '''''''''''''''&&4 &&'5'' ''''& ##### #########5############### ## ############## #,,llll,lll,55######55# ##########5 ##### 5############'''''''' & s11 rr ''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''' '''' &' ''''' ### ###################55##### ) ############### ,,lll,lllll,,######### ########## #### #############'''''' ''&&&& rrr '''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''' ' ' ''''' ####################555###### #### ############### lllllllll,,######## ######### #### #############''''''' ''''''&rrr '''' '' '''''''''''' '' ' #################5###5##########) ############# ################,,lllllllll,,####### ######## ### ##############'''''''' ''''''srr ' ''''''''' '''''''''''''' '''55 r ##################555################################### ################,,llll,llll,,### ######### ### ############## '''''''' '''''&sr ''''''''' '''''''''''''& 5' r ######################55##################################### ###############,,ll,l,,lll,, ########## )#### #######55###### '''' '''''&s ''''''''1 ''''''''''''''& r r r ###############4############################################# ###############,,,lll,,lll,, ######## ### #######555###### ''' ''& '''''''' '''''''''''''''&& r rr r #############44############################################### ###############,,,,,,,,lll,, ######### ## #######55######## ) ''1 '''& r ''''' ''''' '''''''&& r rr r ## #############4############################5#########5######### ################,,,,,,,lll,, ########### ### ##44####5#########&&&& '' '''' &&& r '''' '' '''''''&& & r rr r ########### #######################################55#########5#5######## #####################,,,l1l, ########## ### #####4####5#########''''&& ''' '' '''& r r '''''''' 1''' '''''' '' r rr r ######### ## ################################5#########55##6####### #####################,,,,,,, ########## ### ##########5#########''''''&& . ''''& rr r '''''''' '''''' ''''' ''' r ss6s ######## # ################################5############66####### #####################,,,,,,, ######### ## ####################'''''' . '''''& sr rr ''''''''' ''''''' 1 '''' s &&'&& ## ## #################################6############6###### ######################### ########## 6## ############## #####'''''' r . rr '''''&&&r rr '''''''' '''''''''''''''''' &&''''' ## ## # #################################6###############5### ######################## ########## 6 #############6 '''' r r .. rr '''''''s rr ''''''' '''''''''''''''''' '''''' "## ## ##################################66###########555#### ####################### ########## ## ############# # rrr . rr '''''''& rr ''''''' '''''''''''''''''' '''''' "1 ## ##################6#################66##############5## ####################### ########### 1 ############### ## rrr .1 rr r '''''' rr '''''' '''''''''''''''''' ''''''& # ## # ################66#6#6################66################ ####################### ############ #### ### ########## # ' rrr &&&& sr r '''''&sr '''''' '''''''''''''''''' ''''' ## ## ###################666#66################################ ####################################### ######## ### ########### ' ssrr '''' &r r '''&r r'''''' ''''''''''''''' ' r '''''' # ### ### #5###################666################################ ####################################### ####### ### ############ ... 1' &&rr ''' s1r r r ''s r ''''' '''''''''''' r ''''''#### ### 55########555#########6############################### ######################################## 66### #### #### ...&&&& ''sr ''' r '&&r r r r & r ''''' ''''''''''''' 'r ''''''#### ### 55########55################# ################## ######################################### #6### ####### ### &'''''''&r r '''s r r r r ''''' ''''''''''''''''r ''''''#### ### #5########55################# ##6#66### ########################################## 66### ##### ## &''''' s r '''& r r r r ''''' r ''''''''r '''''### #### ##########55################# 6#### ########################################### 66##### ##### ## ''''''' ''& r&'''' s s&s r r ''''' r r'''''' ''''''''s ''### #### 55########################### ### ########################################## ###### #### # &''''''' '''& r r ''''&&&&&&'&& r r ''''' r r''''''''''''''''& ###########5############################ ############6#########6##################### ####### # # '''''''' ' ''& rrr ''''''''''''&& r 1s&'''''&r r' ''''''''''''''' )######################################### ###########666########6666#5################## ####### 6 # '''''''' ''' rrr '''''''''''''&s &&'''''''r r' '''''' r ########################################## ###########6##########6####555################# #### ## ''''''''' '''' rrs ''''''''''''''& &&'''''''''s r' '' r ############################################ #######################66####5555############### # ## ####''''''''''''' rs& ''''''''''''' ' '''''''''''& r' r ###################################################### ########################66####################### ### #####''''''''''''' s&' '''' ''' ''''''''''''''''&s r ##################################################### ##############6################################### # ### #####''''''''''''' &''& '' ''''''''''''''''''&& r r6&& r #################################################### ) ################66################################## ##### #### ''''''''''''' '''' ' ''''''''''' ' r r r'' r ##############################################################################66################################## ### # ''''''''''''' '''' 1 '''''''''''' r r r r ##############################################################################666################################# ### '''''''''''' '' '''''''''''''' r r r s & ################################################################################################################## ### '''''''''''' &'''''''''''''' 1 r r r rr&&' ######################################################### ###################################################### ### '''''''''' && '''''''''''''' &&& r1 r r rrr''' ########################################################## ####### ############################################ ### '''''''''' &''' ''''''''' ''' '''&&&& r r&&s r rrrr''' 1# ######################################################### ####### ############################################1 #### '''''''''' r ''''' ''' ' ''''''' r r''&& s1 rrrr ' ###### #######################################################66 ####### ############################################ ######### '''''''''' r&'''''' '' '''''' '''''' rr s'''''' && rrrr & ######## ########################################################6# ####### ########################################66### #############66 '' ''' 'r'''''''' ' ''''''' ''''' rr &&'''''''''&srrr #6#######. #########################################################6 ######## ########################################6#### #############6######## ''' & 'r '''''''' '''''''' ''''' rr ''''''''''''&srr ###### ########################################################## ######## #######################################666#### #################### rrr ''' ' 'r ''''''''' 1''''''''''''''' ss &'''''''''''''&ss ##### ########################################################## ####### ################################################## ###############r rrr ''' 1' 'r ''''''''''''''''''''''''''&&&&'''''''''''''''&& ####. ########################################################## ###### ################################################## #############r rrr '' &' .'r '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&&1 r ### ########################################################## ##### ################################################### 1# ############r rrr &' '' rr.'s1'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&& r ### ######################################################### ##### #################################################### ### ############r rrr '' '' rr&&&&'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&& r # ### ####################################################### ##### ##################################################### ##### ###########s sss&' ' ' rr''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' r ### #### ###################################################### ##### ########################################### ########### ##########&&&&&' ' & rs''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' r ## #####1 ##################################################6# ###### ########################################### ########## ## ##########'''''' ' & r&'''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&s ## ###### ###############################################6 ###### ########################################### #### ## ##########''''' ' ' s'''' r ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''& # ###### ######################6######################## ####### ########################################### ##### ### ##########''''' ' &'' r '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''& ####### #####################66############666######### ######## ########################################### ### #### ##########''''' ' r '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' #### #####################6#############666####### ######## ########################################### ## #### ##########''''' ' r ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''& ################################################### ######## ############################################### ## #### ##########''''' ' s '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''# ################################################# ######## ################################################ # ####################'''' ' &&&&&&&'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''## 11 ############################################## ########## ################################################### 1 ######################は########################################### ############################### ################## ######################################## ####'' r r r '' rr ' ''''''' rr&'''66''''''''''''''''''''################################################### # ############################ ################## #########################################) ####''& r rrrr '' rr ' rs''''''''''''''''''''''''''################################################### # ################################################## ############################################ ####'''& r rrrr ''&sr '& s&''''''''''''''''''''''''''################################################### ############################################################################6####################### ####''''& r srrr '''&r '' &'''''''''''''''''''''''''''################################################### #############################################################################66###################### ####''''' r rr &srr '''s '' r&&&&&&&&''''''''''''''''''''''''''''################################################### #############################################################################6#################################'''''rr sr '&sr '''& r''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''################################################### #############################################################################6#################################'''' rr &r &''&s ''' r''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#################################################### ##############################################################################6#################################'''' rr &'r ''''& ''' r''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#################################################### ##############################################6##################################################################'''' rr ' r ''''' &&& r''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''##########################################################################################################6##################################################################'''' ss ' r '''''&& ''' s''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#########################################################################################################6###################################################################''''&&&& ' r &'''''''& '' &''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#############################################################66########################################################################## #################################'''''''' ' s ''''''''' &'' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#############################################################6########################################################################### #################################'''''''' '&&&''''''''' &'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''#############################################################6########################################################################### #################################''''''' ''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''³"
"

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #fiwabitawo-0 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hexxerae was made for the Linux Game Jam 2022. It was made exclusively in PICO-8 on Linux. It is inspired by the DOS game Tesserae, converting its gameplay onto a hex-based grid.

This is a single player strategy game played with color tiles. Combine colors and think ahead to clear a board of hexagonal tiles. The object is to remove all tiles until only one is left, in as few moves as possible.

0 comments

Cart #op8_add-16 | 2022-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4OP-8 is a tool for creating sound patches with four operators. This instrument editor features additive, AM, ring modulation and orbit (bitwise or) synthesis. This effect is achieved by mixing four sine waves and playing them through the PCM channel.

Controls and layout:

Just like PixEditor, this tool only uses the mouse for its controls, which also makes it mobile compatible (except for saving and loading). The patch editor has several parameters which can be changed to obtain unique sounds:

• Global parameters
    • Master Volume: set the global patch volume (x1 or x2).
    • Operator: select the operator currently being edited.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hafewujaga-0 | 2022-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Celeste but with a twist: The original Celeste levels but with a fun twist! Have fun playing around with the levels and try to get every strawberry!

10 comments

Cart #bros_sorb-10 | 2022-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Go to pause menu for controls and to delete autosave

v0.0.1

testing export and splore upload
BROS
features cool custom font
Public domain, see https://github.com/joelsgp/Bros/blob/main/LICENSE

edit v0.0.2
fully working persistent highscore system

edit v0.0.3
music datamined and recreated

edit v0.0.5
music 100% accurate with multiple channels, tempo etc.
music player for trying out all 4 tracks (no playable levels yet)
more improvements

edit v0.0.6
Playable demo!

edit v0.0.8
New playable demo version with lots of improvements, like movement more accurate to the original, jump sound, you can pick up coins, lots of bug fixes, code refactoring.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #biocide3000-0 | 2022-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's the year 30XX. You are a soldier in the Technocracy's army. A group of dissident organics have taken a large mining compund. The Technocracy wants you to take out their leader. Make them feel hard steel against weak flesh. All hail the machine!

Biocide 3000 is a short side-scrolling shooter where you change the direction of gravity, rather than jump, to evade traps and enemy bullets. Three levels and a boss fight. Have fun!

Controls:
Arrow keys - move left/right
Z - change gravity
X - shoot

https://slumma.itch.io/biocide-3000

2 comments

Cart #aminals-3 | 2022-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple little fighting game featuring animals with very different abilities. Supports up to 4 players.
(Sadly does not yet support single player)

The controls:

• move: p1: arrow keys, p2: wasd
  • o (special move): p1: z, p2: w
  • x (attack): p1: x, 2: q

The players:

• shru: a speedy little guy
    • o: dash and turn (can quickly get behind your foe to strike)
    • x: bite
  • waps: can buzz through the air
    • o: not a thing
    • x: sting (will poison your enemy -- if they can get you back, they'll be cured, otherwise they're toast)
  • forg: a jumpy little dude with some reach

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #naturojeb-0 | 2022-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

alright, this was made for the uhhhh I'm Hungry! game jam
I'm bored please follow me on Twitter or something
https://itch.io/jam/im-hungry

1 comment

Cart #imhungry-0 | 2022-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

> Vous contrôlez un petit rennes qui doit attraper le plus de nourriture possible, il s'agit de pain et de mûres. Plus vous attrapez de, plus la nourriture va vite et plus il est compliqué de l'attraper. En haut à droite, vous verrez qu'il y a votre tableau de bord, chaque aliment pêché vaut un point. Et en haut à gauche, il y a un panneau qui vous montre combien d'aliments vous n'avez pas attrapés. Attention ! au bout d'une dizaine d'aliments non attrapés vous perdez et le jeu affiche alors « GAME OVER ! », alors il faut appuyer sur enter pour recommencer.

> Les commandes sont : la flèche droite pour se déplacer vers la droite, la flèche gauche pour se déplacer vers la gauche et la flèche vers le haut pour sauter. C'est si simple !

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hello.

With the understanding that Pico-8 graphics will always use memory location 0x6000-0x7FFF (hexadecimal memory location), then what new resolutions could be added by ZEP without using any additional memory ?

Well, quite a few actually.

(128 x 128 / 2) = 8192

Let's look at the primary resolution which is 128x128 pixels with a maximum of 16-color choices. Now be aware a new palette was found for it so you can change any of these 16-colors to really 32-colors, but you cannot change the TINT, either R G or B of any of them. They are a fixed color set from the 32 shown above. And despite this palette you can only view 16 of them at a time - conventionally.

With "hardware" tweaks you can have more on the screen at a time.

But this article is not going to cover that. Instead it is going to cover what CAN be done with those 0x2000 or 8192-bytes of memory for graphics and where any pixel can be any other colored pixel. This primary resolution uses 2-horizontal pixels to make up one byte.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Hello,

I was trying to edit code of an existing cartridge, trying to follow the flow step by step and doing some experiments.

Unfortunately, pico8 code editor is ugly and (in my opinion) lacks of some useful functions.

I don't know if this is possible but anyone knows how can I edit the code of an existing cartridge with an external editor?

Thank you
Fred

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->