Cart #my_sh00t3r_v3-3 | 2022-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #my_sh00t3r_v3-2 | 2022-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #my_sh00t3r_v3-1 | 2022-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #my_sh00t3r_v2-0 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #repuzzle-13 | 2023-08-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Repuzzle - a Pico-8 Coding Puzzle Game

Insert, replace, delete, and move characters to win over 22 levels, ranging from the simple to the tricky.

Explanation of the basic controls is provided in the game.

Tips:

• The pico-8 manual and pico-8 wiki can be useful. (both for this game and in general)
  • If you're stuck on one level, try another. The different "sections" each go roughly from easy to hard, with a lot of variance in-between.
  • If you're really really stuck, the hints can help.

Full list of controls:

Browsing:

• Arrow keys to move between characters
  • Ctrl + Arrow keys to move between words
  • Page Up/Down to move between pages

[ Continue Reading.. ]

25 comments

Cart #s23pages-1 | 2022-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #s23pages

Back in QBasic for DOS there was a resolution you could have that gave you 16-pages to store your 320x200 16-color graphic screens. Zero (0) was the main display and 1-15 were storage locations. It was invoked by typing: screen 7 and you could copy screens using pcopy(a,b)

When I first wrote S1 I made heavy use of these additional 15-pages and stored all kinds of information there, not just graphics but including map data and script data converted to pixels and back to numbers again as actual variable space was small.

While we have no requirement for this today you still might need additional pages to draw and recall information from for your 64x64 pixel carts. So I wrote this cart and set of functions to assist in this.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

This game is a funky experience that you will only experience once in your life.
Hit children in the head using shovels in this game!!!
Earn money, hit more children, earn more money!!!!!

PCM samples by @bikibird

Cart #hitnrun-3 | 2022-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #deeperbyremtii-0 | 2022-03-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Deeper is a platformer game with 16 levels

5 comments

Defy Audio Player

The Defy Audio Player plays Defy formatted audio files via PICO-8's PCM channel. It's a PCM boombox! You can also use it to create binary strings of audio data for playback in your own cartridges.

Convert almost any audio file format to .defy here: https://bikibird.itch.io/defy.

This cart is intended to run in PICO-8, not play on the BBS, which is limited to a maximum files size of 250K. Instead, open PICO-8 and enter load #defy. Then enter run.

Controls

• Drag and drop your .defy file onto PICO-8 to play it. You do not have to wait for a file to finish before loading another.
  • Press 🅾️ (z key) to pause playback. Press it again to resume.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

19 comments

Cart #bruhmongus-0 | 2022-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

10 comments

Cart #frogfinder-1 | 2022-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #pictris-2 | 2022-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

UPDATE 25.3.22
-removed a bug where the speed wouldnt reset for a new game

Controls
Turn: X
Move: Arrows

Feature Creep has stopped me from finishing games so I started making some classic games. This time: TETRIS
It was fun, and it was nice overcoming the challenges this game brings.

Features:

• Jelpi
  • softlock
  • all the Tetris stuff
  • awful music
  • 12 Levels
  • changing scenery
  • persistent Highscore Data
  • very messy code

Have fun!

3 comments

Cart #buwijrjo-1 | 2022-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

mod of waves demo

2 comments

Using extcmd to record audio works correctly inside of PICO-8, but doesn't work in compiled versions. It shows an error saying that it's an unknown command. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

@zep

6 comments

Cart #zoregakijo-0 | 2022-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About this game

My second project for DATT2300-Game Development I at York University. A simple version of my board game for the project1 of that course. Also, my first game uses this ingenious engine, Pico-8.

Since this is only a simple version, the gameplay might be boring. If you are interested, I suggest taking a look at the "complexed" version of this Cat & Mouse, a board game with a unique map design and different types of interesting cards. It is a free workshop item published on steam made by Tabletop Simulator and here is the link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2747751423

Controls

Press "X" on your keyboard to start the game. Press "C" on your keyboard to roll a die so that you can navigate your character by using the arrow keys.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #tweetcart_showcase-5 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've compiled almost all of my tweetcarts in one place, and put them in a nice little wrapper!

Features:
-Full viewing for over 50 tiny animations
-View (and even copy) the full source code for each cart easily and natively!
--On web, you must hit ctrl+v first to allow the application to modify your clipboard
-Sort carts by time, or theme, or size!

7 comments

Cart #c32_string-0 | 2022-03-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #c32_string

This is a continuation of a project I worked on last Spring back to effect 32-colors out of Pico-8 and at a pixel-level where the screen is 64x128 in size.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=42990

Unlike the first version, this one does not fill up the spritesheet and instead has a single function, "show32pic()" of 82-tokens or 197-chars that takes the included single string located in the sourcecode of 8192-characters and draws out the 64x128x32 picture with the correct decompressed image.

This total code compresses at 4587-bytes or uses 29% of a total 15616-bytes to maintain posting online as a clipboard file or PNG file.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #powdermouse-0 | 2022-03-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I added mouse support to my powder game.
Use the up/down arrow keys to change the size of your brush.
Use the left/right arrow keys to change the material that you're spawning.
Click to spawn a material.

1 comment

Cart #kjs_space_22-19 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Managed to squeeze in the entire campaign however each mission will load randomly, so good luck with getting the mission you want! This is pretty much the final build unless I find any major bugs, so enjoy!

• O+L/R - change stations
  • U/D/L/R/X - interaction with station
2 comments

Hi All,

I've a suggestion that I believe has some value to people making tooling chains is the ability to store metadata within the text version of a cart cart.

This would allow for saving anything that an external editor of a p8 file would want to save and restore upon loading a cart.

For example storing custom pallets or even palette transitions means that they could draw their sprites and see how they look in a fade/palette swap. If they had a fade that they liked they could work in the sprites in an external tool. Anyone else using the same tool could see the settings that were applied.

Pico8 could also store its own metadata there, like the undo history. so if someone reloaded or switched platform they could pick up where they left off.

"save the .p8 on your desktop, move it over to your handheld while you travel, and then back to desktop, and there's no need to get back in the groove manually each time you load up the file" - this is what someone suggested on discord, I'm not naming them in case they don't want to have their name associated with this post.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

@zep (and other Piconians), I was understanding that the .GIF size saved in Pico-8 when you save a video, the size of the saved .GIF was cut down in size considerably from previous versions. I am not seeing that HERE in version 0.2.4b.

Here are 2-identical videos. One is saved in Pico-8 with no changes, the other, VirtualDUB, both saved at 33.3fps, the same listed in the Pico-8 documentation.

To see these two videos running perfectly and simultaneously together, for FIREFOX, press ALT-D, CTRL+C, CTRL+N, CTRL+V, and the ENTER key. To close this window again, press CTRL+W.

^^ SAVED IN PICO-8: (2.00mb)

^^ SAVED IN VIRTUALDUB: (126k)

Click SAVE IMAGE AS on either of these pictures to examine them and their size if you like.

I am not marking this as an error as it does not come into conflict with the system itself, just the filesize of recorded videos. Does anyone know why there is such a filesize difference ?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #tablemap-1 | 2023-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

TMAP(), like foreach(), applies the function of the second argument to each element of the table.

• Usage is almost the same as foreach(), plus index values can be referenced within the function.
  • The specified table is returned. (TMAP() nested functions can be applied multiply)
  • The return value in the function specified in the argument can update each element of the table.
  • This function consumes 31 Token.
local t={
 'toast'
 ,'letus'
 ,'bacon'
 ,'cheese'
}
t=tmap(t, function(v,i)
 ?i..'..'..v
end)

--------

t=tmap(t, function(v,i)
 v='super★'..v
 ?i..'..'..v
 return v
end)

--------

t=tmap({
 'shield'
 ,'armor'
 ,'sword'
 ,'ring'
}, function(v,i)
 v=t[i]..'•'..v

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=77195#p)
1 comment

Cart #nagabibisu-1 | 2022-03-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is it about?

Juicy Fruits is a game about getting as many fruits as you can before dying. You select your character
[8x8]
and jump into the world to dodge pesky ants
[8x8]
and feast on delicious fruits

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->