function dtb(num)
local bin=""
for i=1,8do
bin..=flr(num/2^(8-i))%2
end
return bin
end

4 comments

Hallo zusammen, ich bin neu hier und hoffe, viele interessante Dinge zu lernen. Es wird besonders interessant sein, zu versuchen, Ihr eigenes Spiel zu erstellen.

7 comments

Cart #modajimowi-0 | 2021-11-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #tejuzzure-0 | 2021-11-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Would anyone help me make a game cause I tryed so many times and its not working.

1 comment

Cart #mafihogubi-0 | 2021-11-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #disco_mouse-1 | 2021-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've published the cart here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=45757

5 comments

I didn't know much about compression algorithms when I started looking into this stuff and, in truth, I still know very little. So this may all be old-hat to a lot of people but hopefully somebody finds it interesting.

What am I compressing and why do I want to compress it?

For the last month or so I've been playing around with Signed Distance Fields (SDFs) first by making some simple pictures with them and using them to handle collsiion detection and then using them as the basis of a procedural morphing animation.

I'm interested in SDFs for a few reasons: I'm not much of an artist but I do like math. If I can substitute math for art in certain situations, that potentially works to my benefit. Also, since SDFs can be used to handle collision detection and they can be updated on the fly with boolean-like operators—union, intersection and difference—they seem like they could be a good choice for modeling level geomoetry and, in particular, destructible level geometry. But mostly I just like playing with them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

31 comments

Hi everyone!
I got pico-8 yesterday and I am trying to learn lua.
for my first project I am trying to mod the raycasting demo to be a 3d platformer.
I got the running and jumping set to what I like, but I don't know how to set the map
so that it doesn't crash once it looks off the first screen in the editor. Any ideas?
I added a gif to show what it looks like. after the gif stops it means that my program crashes or
does not let me move, look, or jump in the game.

1 comment

HI guys! this is a characters for Jujutsu Kaisen!
:)

1 comment

hi! this is gojo satoru from
Jujutsu Kaisen!
this anime is popular right?

1 comment

Who dont know this character right?

1 comment

this is a characters for My Hero Academia!
its so cute right?

2 comments

this is deku from My Hero Academia in pixel version!
i don't know how to create a game :( but i hope someone will
make a game using this avatar instead its only a dream! :)

1 comment

Now its Deku with his friends!
Please like if you guys love it! :)

2 comments

Oh hi everyone!
this is my first time posting at PICO-8!
you guys can like if you guys want! :)

(this is deku from My Hero Academia)

1 comment

Cart #riwinoyoti-0 | 2021-10-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a demo I made. Please do not judge as this is my first cart.

0 comments

PICO-8 has been my obsession for the last few months but math is my always obsession and lately I've been having a lot of fun playing around with various aspects of geometry so when I hit a weird bug in my other project I decided to take a break and shift gears a bit. So I threw together a little interface for working with 2D signed distance fields/functions.

It's fairly hefty at a little over 500 tokens so probably not super useful generally speaking but pretty fun to play with, if I do say so myself.

Here are a couple series of images I've created so far. In each, all of the images are made from the same SDF and just messing with how colours are assigned based on the distance.

That last one is my attempt at a ripply/watery reflection which, I think, didn't come out too badly.

And some hearts.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->