BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #rogue-0 | 2021-08-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Just a suggestion, but for modern controllers it would be really nice if the extra controls could be mapped like:

• Right trigger = X
  • Left trigger = O
  • Right thumbstick = Mouse

That would allow FPS games like Poom, Sorcerer to be played like a twin stick shooter on capable input devices, without actually changing Pico-8's input model.

0 comments

Cart #nuddatepu-0 | 2021-08-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #pitripostjam-0 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PITRI is a platformer game about 2 insect-sized characters Joined Together ; Pi (Rhymes with "Knee") and Tri (identical to "Tree").

Pi and Tri can jump by pressing the X button (X/V/N in a keyboard) and split from eachother by pressing the O button (Z/C/N in a keyboard) which result in controlling Pi by herself. Without Tri, Pi is much faster, can jump higher, and can bounce on a yellow shroom much higher, too! But, it comes at the cost of dying 10 seconds from splitting, since Pi Can't live without being Joined Together with Tri.

This game has been thought of before 2021's Game Maker's ToolKit's Game Jam, and funny enough, the theme for it perfectly matched the concept of the game! So what better time to make a short "concept demo" than now?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #aconcagua-1 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #aconcaguaprac-0 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Madeline goes to Argentina in my newest mod!

Features new levels, sfx, and assets by me

Thank you to everyone who helped!

edit: added practice mod

2 comments

Hello, this is my Celeste Mod which makes the game a bit easier because I'm bad and can't play the game without mods.

0 comments

Cart #woyimijezi-0 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm making my fitst pico8 game, and I'm trying to make an AI that shoots the bullet at where the player would be at once the bullet reaches it, so avoiding bullet won't be so easy like the small saucer's shots in asteroids does.

when i used game maker, I could easily implement it by using this example:https://www.gmlscripts.com/script/intercept_course

but since pico8 uses completely different langauge and there is no arcsin() function, it was impossible to replicate it for pico8.

function asin(y)
 return atan2(sqrt(1-y*y),-y)
end

local mex=s.x+4
local mey=s.y+4
local targetx=player.x+4
local targety=player.y+4

s.shootdir=atan2(targetx-mex,targety-mey)*360

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=96080#p)
4 comments

Cart #psychohedron-2 | 2022-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for LOWREZJAM 2021. Fly throught the loophole to defeat psychohedron.

Epilepsy warning: psychohedron contains flashing lights

At the end i run out of tokens so there are some parts unpolished. Map generation is a little buggy. I hope you enjoy it!

Controls
Left/Right arrow to move

Z to shoot

X to jump/use jetpack

Down arrow to fastfall/drop from platforms

v1.1 changelog

+Deleted final boss, now the game is an infinite arcade with score.
+Added score at game over
+Added new random backgrounds (58 patterns, 4 palettes and 4 effects)
+Added new block
+Reduced heart drop when u kill enemies, but now hearts appear in the map (and maybe a surprise!)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #zombieapicolypse-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Zombies have overthrown the city!

Grab as much ammo as you can find as you fight your way out of the zombie apocalypse.

Controls:

• directional pad to move your character around
  • z button to shoot

This game was made for the #LOWREZJAM 2021

7 comments

I noticed that load() supports filenames without extensions and will pick filebasename.p8 if it exists, else filebasename.p8.png (I didn't exactly try the priority order, as there is only either a .p8 or .p8.png in my distributed game folder).

However, reload() won't work with a file basename. It needs the .p8 or .p8.png extension. When distributing a game both for p8 and png though, you don't know in advance what you'll need, and would need to create two versions of the code, one reloading files in .p8, the other reloading files in .p8.png, for both versions to work. I actually wrote a string replacement script to support them both!

It would be nice if reload() supported file basename like load() for this reason. I don't know if this is a bug report or a suggestion, but I would expect reload() to be consistent with load() so I opened this thread in the bug section nevertheless.

11 comments

Cart #danceparty-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

X to change the background color
Arrow keys to move

0 comments

Cart #husowoppa-0 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Updated with better beach sprites.

Cart #hkefagas-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Updated with better sprites and sounds.

Cart #tekewugera-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

PICO-1k JAM demo invitation 🥳

Organized by @Liquidream, PICO-1k JAM invites you all to submit a game, demo or tool for PICO-8 in 1024 characters or less at https://itch.io/jam/pico-1k in September 2021. No sprites, no maps, no sfx or music. Just 1024 characters of code.

Below is a little demo-invitation by @p01 featuring the mandatory starfield, a twister scroller, and a software sound synthesizer generating ~1min of music with 4 channels, and one ton of love for the PICO-8 community in 976 characters (counting the label).

Be wild, have a little fun at PICO-1k JAM

— 💌 @p01

Cart #pico_1k_jam_invitation-0 | 2021-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

9 comments

Cart #darn_tootin-3 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It’s the classic stand-off show-down game now in PICO-8.
(please reset your 'best' if it is 0, I need to fix the bug still sorry)

BUTTONS

Player 1 - x
(optional) Player 2 - a

TIPS

At the main menu, you can reset your wins/losses. You can also reset your 'best' which in turn will decrease the difficulty while keeping your wins/losses in tact.
Try to get 10 in a row!

0 comments

Cart #yumunufifo-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Howling Void is a roguelike game based on Lazy Devs Academy's Porklike.

While spelunking some random cave, you find the ruins of an ancient bunny civilization that was powered by a mysterious golden carrot. You decide to explore the depths of this old warren to find the carrot for yourself.

Controls: Arrow Keys to move. X to open the menu and Z to back out.

Interact with things by bumping into them! And remember that enemies move when you do so plan carefully!

2 comments

Cart #deform-0 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple deform effect, feel free to use it with credit.

0 comments

Cart #segalogogame-0 | 2021-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Desc

A de-make of SEGA™️'s logo whenever starting up a game made by SEGA™️ (no wonder)

Controls

Re-start

Press 🅾, ❎ or Z, X to restart the logo

Flip/Unflip

Press ⬅️, ➡️ or the left/right arrow keys to flip/unflip the logo respectively.

SFX

SEEEEEGAAAAA™️!

[sfx]

!™️AAAAAGEEEEES

[sfx]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

Hello all.
This is the current version of a metroid fan game I've been working on for a while, hope you enjoy.
Z is shoot, X is menu, arrow keys move, and Up jumps. Rest is up to you to figure out.
I'd like to eventually finish this project, especially with how much more I know about pico 8 and programming compared to when I first started this project. My original goal was to see how much stuff I could fit into a pico 8 cart, as that's always been an interesting topic to me. My next goal will probably be to condense what is already on the cartride so I can have more wiggle room adding the rest of the game. Anywho, good luck, the game softlocks after you fall into the long water pit area with the eyeballs.

Cart #metr_crimson-0 | 2021-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

This is my entry for LOWREZJAM 2021, still incomplete and it will be mostly a POC of a complete game.

Cart #golden_star_jam-2 | 2021-08-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The game is a tribute to the Natsume's SNES classic "Wild Guns" and is inspired by the gameplay in that game.

In "Golden Star Sheriff" as the new sheriff in Dodge City your duty is to chase and get rid of a big band of thieves that have taken over the city and it's sorrounding areas.

Current state of the game (JAM Version) is going to be a tweaked version of the full game as there's been not enough time to have multiple levels in place, so it will take place only in the first level, Dodge City streets, chasing for "Perro Loco", the lowest ranking bandit chief in the band. The game is tweaked so you can play several times the phase with increased odds rather than actually advancing phases...

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #the_sun_what_how-0 | 2021-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

WHAT THE SUN!?

it was midnight and i was struck with a good idea

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->