BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #hennys_race_game-0 | 2021-08-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

DISCRIPTION

Simple Timing based racing game.

Stop the white bar on correct color to gain speed.

Different colors have different effects:
-BLUE: nothing
-YELLOW: small boost
-GREEN: big boost
-RED: slow down

Beat opponent to win.

CONTROLS:

Press X to select difficulty and to stop white bar.

Have fun!!

P.S: First game published so feedback would be appreciated :D

1 comment

Cart #picross_maker-1 | 2021-10-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Draw pictures and turn them into Picross puzzles.

Arrows: Move cursor
(O): Click
Hold (X): Speed up cursor
(X)+(X): Switch tools

2 comments

I think rotation would be a nice addition, even if it is only in 4 directions. Possible syntax:

-- draw sprite 1 at (60, 60), rotated 90 degrees clockwise 
spr(1, 60, 60, 1)

-- draw sprite 1 at (60, 60), rotated 180 degrees (effectively equivalent to flipping is both directions)
spr(1, 60, 60, 2)

-- draw a 2x2 sprite starting from sprite 1 at (60, 60), rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise 
spr(1, 60, 60, 2, 2, 3)

Syntax with rotation mode as the last argument could work similar to 'print' in the way that print reads the second argument as the color if not enough arguments are given

1 comment

Cart #empathy-0 | 2021-08-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Hello all...
I have a maths problem.

I have two points, t1 & t2 that I want to find the centre of.
t1 & t2 are two point on the x axis.
Another object's x approaches this middle point.
I have this so far:

if flr(self.x+3) == abs(self.t1-self.t2)/2+abs(self.t1)

t1 minus t2 divided by 2 giving half the distance between the two, added on to t1.

This works if t1 is smaller than t2.

But it doesn't work if t2 is smaller than t1, because the the 'middle point' is off to the right of t2!!

Can anyone suggest a better formula for getting the middle of two points regardless of which one is smaller?

I'm stumped.

Many thanks for your time and I hope this makes sense....

Peej

5 comments

Warning

Contains flashing lights and jumpscares.

How to play

Collect as many coins and diamonds as you can, and free at least 5 spirits to escape! But beware of the Red Eyes.
These red eyes will search around the map and try to kill you!

For PC/Mac/Linux players, use the arrow keys to move
For Mobile players, use your finger

Traps:
[0x0]
[0x0]

These traps make loud sounds and will attract Red Eyes to your location. You can use these traps to your advantage.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #econnectpuzzle-2 | 2021-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is made for GMTK jam 2021(June 2021).
Grid-based Puzzle game.

-- updates --
08162021 undo bug fix.

After-Jam version, 18 levels!

Enjoy!!

・arrow key --- move.

・x --- electric mode.

・x + arrow key--- switch electric beam on-off.

・z --- undo

・If you want to restart level, Enter key to open menu, and select "Restart Level".

if you meet some trouble, please DM on twitter. @HIKOkyoujurou

And if you like, please support My game developing from Donation on itch.io!!

itch.io -> https://hikokyoujurou.itch.io/econnectpuzzle

6 comments

Explore a procedurally generated archipelago by sailboat.

Cart #on_the_wind_wip-3 | 2021-08-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm finishing up this cart for the lowrezjam on itch.io, and was hoping to get some feedback in the final few days--what did you like? Was anything confusing or frustrating? Anything it felt like it was missing?

Thanks in advance! -nomes

3 comments

Something weird is happening on a game I'm making. Every time I edit the map (or at least a specific part of it) it draws it on page 2 of my sprite sheet. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen. Does anybody know what causes this?
I recorded a video of it:
https://youtu.be/hn5AW4gd18g

3 comments

Cart #endlessstarfield-0 | 2021-08-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi all,

made my first pico 8 game. Its a space arcade retro style shoot em up. This is an endless game, the objective is to stay alive for as long as possible and beat your previous high score. There are multiple types of enemies that get harder and faster with every level. Defeat wave after wave in each level and defeat the end boss to advance to the next level. As you progress with each level, new enemy types that are harder to kill will appear.

Early enemies are slow and shoot occasionally and can be defeated with a single shot but as levels progress, new enemies appear that not only require multiple shots but also move faster and shoot more often. Avoid being hit by those pesky asteroids and remember to pick up those powerups to give you that advantage!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #honey_dropper-0 | 2021-08-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Real simple dropper game. Nothing special, just squeezing a few games out as easter eggs in some of the websites I work on.

Everything works pretty well for a 175 line game, but the dropper "AI" could probably use some polishing up.

0 comments

Cart #springleste-1 | 2021-08-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

12 comments

Cart #smw_castle-0 | 2021-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple remix I made, I might use it in a game.
Specifically Super Mario Remix

Music Only: [sfx]

3 comments

Cart #minekpo1_race_game-2 | 2021-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple arcade racing game, where you try to get the best time you can! Grind out corners on the three provided maps!

I might create a level editor, as the game uses a 3 dimensional table to save levels and its not edit friendly.

WIP versions:

v0:
Cart #minekpo1_race_game-0 | 2021-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

v1:

Cart #minekpo1_race_game-1 | 2021-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

ISAIA 1314

Once an Angel, you betrayed your holy brotherhood and turned into a demon in the process. Fight your buddies turned foes in this arcade shoot em up.

Made for the #rndgame2021 jam with the random theme "Beasts of Treason".

Cart #isaia1314-0 | 2021-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #starmap-2 | 2021-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Interactive map of randomly generated stars I made for fun.
Pan using the mouse, hover over a star to learn more about it. (You can also use arrow keys)
X/O controls zoom, but this is broken and experimental.
Feel free to reuse in your game with credit!

2 comments

Hello again. I am working on a fan handheld for the Pico 8. Once this project is finished, I'll upload all the cad files onto Thingiverse and create a guide on how to create your own Pico 8 handheld. This is what the first prototype shell looks like.

The button spacing feels perfect, but the shell is too wide. Fortunately, it seems like I can shrink it down roughly 5mm so it will be around the same thickness of a Dmg-01 Gameboy. The rounded edges makes it feel comfortable to hold. I might reposition the battery holder location so I might be able to shrink it down another 5mm. I'll take any suggestions for this project as I want this to as good as possible. My goals for this project:

• It must be comfortable to hold and not too bulky.
  • It must have a 128x128 resolution screen.
  • It must have sound.
  • It must take AA batteries, but you are free to modify the project to use rechargeable batteries

What I have done so far:

• Made some designs in fusion360

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

Hello there. My name is Grhmhome and I've been working on a fan handheld for Pico 8, using a Pi Zero W. I've been working on this project for roughly a week now. I'm proficient with Cad, 3D printing, and I've been learning soldering. I wanted to make a handheld for the Pico 8 with the correct aspect ratio screen and I finally found the perfect screen for my project. This post is a quick tutorial on how to get the Waveshare 128x128 RGB OLED display module to work properly. This took me all of yesterday to get to work properly as I had to troubleshoot and do more troubleshooting.

Where to find this screen?
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9NVJPZ/
Waveshare: https://www.waveshare.com/1.5inch-rgb-oled-module.htm

I used the latest version of RetroPie for this project.

Step 1. Wiring the screen. The pins I used are as follows. The connector that comes with the display should be color coded.

VCC (Power +): Any 3.3V
GND (Power -): Any GND

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=95776#p)
3 comments

Cart #fgworze-1 | 2021-08-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #pikfijaje-0 | 2021-08-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #fgworze-0 | 2021-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

<- and -> to choose key
x to select
Music can be disabled through the menu (Press {Enter} then {Down Arrow} then {Enter})

0 comments

Cart #tdw_pico8_full_release-1 | 2021-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Welcome to the demon's lair, his dwelling. How did you get here? How will you escape? CAN you escape? Try your best, it's easier said then done...

Enjoy this classic-styled rogue-like!

Game Content

• 34 Different Items
• 7 Item Types
• A Grim, Dark Little Story
• Many Challenging Floors
• 10 Different Enemies

Hey all, I'm back at it again! I put every critical feature I could fit into this cart.

Currently using 8192/8192 tokens.

NPC’s

There are npc's in the game. Bump into them to talk with them!

Overall Score System

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->