BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

BBS: can't edit posts anymore. There is just an endless waiting cursor after hitting "publish".

1 comment

Cart #portalsaurus-1 | 2021-10-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #portalsaurus-0 | 2021-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Intro

Recently I decided to dig into portal renderers and start to build my own, inspired by this excellent write-up of BUILD. This is currently work in progress, no guarantee it will turn into a full game but thought it was interesting enough to share.

I used a lot of stuff from other projects

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Quick mod tonight: Celeste 2 Long!

This mod removes the length limit for Lani's grappling hook. That's it.

I know this isn't much compared to my normal mods but I had this idea and it worked pretty well, enjoy!

Cart #celeste2_long-0 | 2021-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

All credit for the original game goes to Noel, Maddy, and Lena https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste-classic-2

get it? Celeste 2 long? ...too long? Anyone?

5 comments

Cart #zugehuwefe-0 | 2021-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hi i implemented an online leaderboard using this method: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=42526. And I managed to get it to work. I can't embed it here because it requires setup on the browser side but if you are interested you can play it here: https://maxall41.itch.io/the-heist. Though the in-game leaderboard can be a little bit glitchy due to the difficulties of parsing json data in PICO-8.

0 comments

Cart #wandered_wip-0 | 2021-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Decided to make a game about exploring a bunch of islands. Obviously needs a lot of work, but it's a start.
Hold S or (<) P2 to see the map.
Use P1 arrow keys to move.
Hold X or (X) P1 and press any of the P1 arrow keys to place/destroy a platform on water.
To do:

• Add Scenery (e.g. trees, plants, etc.)
  • Add crafting + resource management
  • Make music
  • Make player look not trash
0 comments

Cart #noclip5_card-0 | 2021-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hey everyone, here's my first Celeste Classic 1 mod: Celeste Flip!

It's based on my Celeste Classic 2 mod Celeste 2 Flip Hard Mode: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=43821

Use X or V to flip gravity! (Z or C to jump and arrow keys to move.)

Cart #celeste_flip-0 | 2021-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

All credit for the original game goes to Noel, Maddy, and Lena https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste-classic-2

4 comments

Cart #volcana-0 | 2021-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Descend into a volcano and hunt for an ancient treasure.

A Celeste Classic mod by Kris De Asis, gonengazit, taco360, and RubyRed, to celebrate the game's 6th anniversary.
Original game by Maddy Thorson and Noel Berry

32 comments

Cart #blocked-5 | 2021-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

v.5:
IT WAS SO LONG LIKE 2 MONTHS I'M SO SORRY PAOKPXCOKZVOPKZXPVOZCKPVKCX

• Added music;
  • You can return to the main menu through the menu (press enter);
  • You can also return to the main menu through the game over screen by pressing Z;
  • Changed the ball theme, its now not so bally (idk how to say that lol);
  • Made some minor changes.

Special thanks to:

• MarkGamed: engine and some other help
  • Merwok: help with inarea function
  • SquidLight: help with fitinboard function
  • Sim: code simplifying (damn he is a genius at this)
  • ReeceGames: one of themes

Blocked! is the 2nd version of Bricked!

In this version there are a bit different rules and controls:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #spacewar-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #frogsamurai-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's my first step into programming. the code might be all over the place, and the game itself is too simple to be called a game. Feel free to give me advices and new projects ideas

0 comments

Cart #retropoof-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #gblogogame-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

A remake of the GameBoy's classic Startup screen, enhanced with gravity and all that science crap.

Controls

Restart Startup

if you press ❎ or 🅾️/X or Z, the Startup will restart.

GameBoy Color version

Me and Gabe both did the GameBoy's Startups, both GameBoy and respectively, go check his out!

2 comments

Cart #gbc_startup-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made the startup sequence that the GameBoy Color uses except in PICO-8.

GameBoy Startup

@Czarlo made the GameBoy Startup, you can check it out here!

0 comments

Credit @noel for making the original Celeste Classic

Credit @Czarlo for making some sprites

Mareste:

Cart #mareste-0 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Luig
Mareste:
Cart #luigeste-0 | 2021-07-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple hack me and @Czarlo made.

7 comments

Cart #pyjama2b210721-0 | 2021-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a demo for my next game, The Cat's Meow 2.

Muffie's café has started, but recently her business has been flagging thanks to a new café that opened up. And to make things worse, its owner has spread rumours about it. It's up to Lily (again) to save the reputation of the café.

This demo contains only four levels. I'm releasing a demo to ask for feedback. What sorts of things do you like and not like about this demo? Anything you think I should add? Anything I could do to make the game better?

Stats:
4793/8192 tokens used
23893/65535 characters used

4 comments

Hello all.
I'm doing alright at the moment with the new Pico-8 and I'm typing away happily.
One problem though.... I seem to be typing 'self' a LOT and using loads of valuable characters and/or tokens.

Is there a simple way to cut back on the number of times I have to use 'self'?

Its probably really complicated and I thought I was doing well...

Many thanks in advance
Peej

4 comments

Cart #picocrate-1 | 2021-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

github.com/HarmonyHoney/pico_crate

twitter.com/harmony_hunnie

-

// PICO-CRATE //

-- controls

move: arrow keys

jump: z key

pickup / throw: x key

menu: enter / return

-

UPDATE: You can now win the game! It will keep track of your fastest completion time! Get speedrunning (:

-

Original Description:

Hello everyone! This is PICO-CRATE, a little project I have been working on for years at this point, although most of the work has been involved in porting the game to various engines, MonoGame and Godot to name a few. I have gone much further than this little prototype in the Godot game engine, but development never really tied up. Instead of releasing a jumbled mess of a project I created in Godot, I come back to this little PICO-8 prototype and feel that everything I want to express lies within this little cartridge. So here I am, releasing a build that has hardly been touched for over two years, letting go of this project that got away. I am very grateful for my experience working with this game, porting pico8's lua to C# with MonoGame, and making very most progress with Godot's GDScript. It has been a beautiful learning experience, to take something so simple and concise and reimagine the framework in a new language and environment. Everything I did to expand upon the game, I always thought back to this adorable little prototype created with love in such a beautiful little game engine. PICO-8 helped me refine my ideas into a tiny little package, and that's where this game shines the brightest, in a small little box with 16 colors and 128 pixels across the screen. Here I let go of what I've been holding onto all this time. My little creation. Thank you for playing! <3 <3 <3

6 comments

Cart #dahapenugo-3 | 2021-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello if you see this!

I am Oliver, and this is what I made in the first week of the Holidays!

It is my first game ever and might have some bugs but I think it is quite fun, and a successful first project!

I can't wait to release new content for it and bug fix it so comment if you have any suggestions / find any bugs. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Anyways, Have a Great Day and if You want to make something like this, there are plenty of helpful YouTube Tutorials!

Thanks for giving this your time!

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->