BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #eatfruits-0 | 2021-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[#eatfruits!#]

0 comments

a few doodles, in a sort of series.

Cart #a_mere_whisper_1-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #a_mere_whisper_2-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #a_mere_whisper_3-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #a_mere_whisper_4-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #solidrogue-2 | 2021-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first game made with PICO-8.

This is Solid Rogue, a "coffeebreak" roguelike where you play as Badger, a stealth operative who has just stolen plans for the bipedal nuclear weapon known as Rogue Gear! Help Badger climb 20 stories of a bad-guy infested facility to freedom!

I had originally planned for Solid Rogue to be part of the 2021 seven day roguelike challenge, having spent what free time I had the weeks before learning the ins and outs of PICO-8 from the amazing PICO-8 rogulike tutorial series by LazyDevs (specifically Krystman, the creator of Porklike). Unfortunately, with a new job and some personal duties I was unable to have a playable game before the end of the jam. I decided instead to spend a few more weeks jamming and this is what came of it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

21 comments

Cart #picorangers-5 | 2021-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

\ PICO RANGERS!! /

Press z to explode!
Keep pressing x to pause and play theme music.
You can make TOKUSATSU at any time and anywhere.

0 comments

Cart #an_absence_of_meaning-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #biplanes-0 | 2021-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Inspired by Biplane Duel on the Amiga.

To do:

• Keep tweaking the physics
  • Make the background not suck
  • Add some baddies to shoot at?
  • Add some aerobatic challenges?
  • Add some sounds
1 comment

Cart #mipajiyoko-0 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Guys! Portal 3 finally came ou-
I mean uh, look at this new game, Wormhole!

[punchline]

I take no credit for portals, the musical phrases, emancipation grills, or anything else Aperture Science would copyright me for.

7 comments

Cart #mupidehino-1 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I card's game that have nothing with Draw Poker's rules. Enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #warpspr-2 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! I decided to try out recreating a effect used a lot during the snes-genesis era, a warping sprite effect, it uses a little bit more cpu than what sspr would use and it doesn't support flipping vertically due to how the code warps the sprite, it comes in both spr and sspr flavors for people who are used to either of them, enjoy!

Also big thanks to Merwok and FReDs72 for giving me feedback and tips on how to make the function faster

0 comments

Cart #yagizupani-0 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #the_night_of_witcher-0 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Yet another flappy bird style game, but add a little shooting elements.
control:
↑ - jump
← - left
→ - right
x - shoot
z - reset level

1 comment

Cart #empty_horse_village-0 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Naught remains but terror,
naught remains but toil.
Bodies only bring us pain,
return us to the soil.

Made in an hour and a half-ish, based off the prompt of "Village lost to time."

1 comment

Hey. I'm currently trying to make a basic RTS inside of pico 8 but my knowledge of how the mouse input works is a bit lacking. The first thing I tried doing was making it so that when you put the mouse close to the edge of the screen, the camera would pan that direction on the map. The only issue is that the mouse x and y coordinates aren't relative to the camera, and so the boundaries would get left behind as the camera pans away. Another thing I'm stuck on is figuring out how to tell if the mouse is over or clicking on a certain sprite.

Cart included

Cart #hdsotiji-0 | 2021-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

isso é um teste eu n sei o q é pra fazer então vou escrever coisas aleatórias como a banana é azul e a batata e vermelha

0 comments

Cart #xmb7r03-0 | 2021-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #absolve-1 | 2021-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #escape_the_dungeon-0 | 2021-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Escape the Dungeon is a turn based dungeon crawler featuring a party of 4 characters, a randomly generated set of levels for each run, 40 monsters, many items and spells.

The goal is to escape the dungeon alive by descending through each of the 4 levels and defeating the boss at each set of stairs.

Escape the Dungeon is a tribute to the Bard's Tale Series, and really is a mashup of this game with attributes from the rogue like genre such as random generation of the levels, and resource management and choices along the way. I drew inspiration from my love of FTL and Bards Tale hoping to create a repeatable experience similar to those first few hours of playing Bards Tale where you level up heavily, improve your characters, and face tougher tactical battles.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #the_demon_within_beta_release-4 | 2021-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

splash sound effect credit to @note
thunder sound effect credit to @dw817
and a big, big, big credit to @Krystman for his help thru his porklike tutorial

all character,npc and enemy sprite design is all original artwork done by me.

Helpful gameplay info:
Bump into blue and purple objects to interact with them. If it doesn’t move, it’s not an enemy.

there are plenty of secrets to uncover and a grim story to be told!

If you're proud of your end game stats then post a screenshot in the comments!

26 comments

Cart #paper_racer-3 | 2021-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is an early version of my first pico-8 game, happy to hear your thoughts so far !

It's an adaptation of the pen&paper game know as "racetrack", a turn based race game played on grid paper.

On each turn, you can adapt speed and direction by one tile. It feels surprisingly realistic.

If you get out of track, you must drive back to the last point on road to continue the race, making you loose precious seconds. Make sure to brake in time !!

Features

• [x] 2 tracks (just one is actually nice so far)
  • [x] 1 or 2 players
  • [x] real time mode (you have a very limited time to make your move)
  • [x] AAA graphics and immersive gameplay

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #sixlets2-1 | 2021-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is another basic puzzle game I made for my girlfriend. The point of the game is to try and get as many points in 90 seconds by making a path through a grid of colored tiles.

Pressing O allows you to rotate up to five tiles at a time, and pressing X attempts to draw a path through the grid. Only tiles of the same color as your start tile count when following the path. They also yield more points, but are destroyed if hit. If your path doesn't hit any other tile of the same color, nothing happens (to prevent people from holding down X to win :p )

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->