BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #sugar_rush-0 | 2021-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone! Here is a simple casual game I've been working on simply because I miss summer so much. It's nothing very fancy, but hope you enjoy! :)

1 comment

Cart #devil_s_kitchen-9 | 2021-04-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You are the devil'c cook and you are busy. This job is litarly hell. Have I already mentioned that the devil gets angry if you are not fast enough?

Be quick, be fast - HE is hungry!!

(first 15 Levels implemented)

5 comments

Hi,

This is my first post and I don't know if it's a good thing to write a question here, so let's see.

First of all I LOVE Pico-8 since years, a friend of mine introduce me to this awesome project in a game jam and I immediately felt good with it. But I am bad at drawing, composing music and coding innovative games so after that event I stopped lua coding and just continued reading news and playing cartridge made by other. You guys really make my eyes shine.

Well today I decided to contribute by making a cart reader, browser, assets extractor and a sound/music player and editor (to begin). Things are progressing well and I will soon be ready for public release. But... questions :

• Is it legally authorized to distribute such tool ?
  • Do anybody (other than me) need/want it ?
  • Can someone help solve a pxa compression problem (maybe unicode related...) ? /!\ SOLVED

Screenshot of the actual cart browser (all WIP) :

Screenshot of the actual sound editor :

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #zodasotaha-0 | 2021-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first try on doing some random generation, creating some pretty good backgrounds, if I do say so myself.

Thanks ShootingStar for the reflection snipet and dragonfoxing for the pettal inspiration.

I couldn't figure out a way to make a good menu to see collected haikus, so I'll leave that for later.
For now, the more haiku you have, the faster you move.

0 comments

Cart #i_demand_coffee-2 | 2021-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Introduction

Once up on a time there was a coffee lover.

This coffee loving blob is out of coffee and the factory seems to be down.
No one else seems willing to fix it so it is up to you to restore it.

After all, coffee is the fuel for the people.

Controls

Keyboard

Move: Arrow keys
Jump: Up or Z
Discharge / Float: X

Controller

Move: D-pad / Joystick
Jump: Up or A / Y
Discharge / Float: B / X

Credits

Sebastian Lind
Follow me on Twiter

Font (m3x6) by daniel linssen
Merwok for converting it to PICO-8

If you like the game and want to support me then it would be lovely if you buy it :)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Dont even bother to read this. This is just a boring game.

Cart #pifipubfo-0 | 2021-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Introducing PECS (PICO-8 Entity Component System)

✅ Small API
🏃‍♀️ Efficient even with lots of Entities
😀 Fun to say
🎈 Has a "lite" version for the token-conscious

Based on the fantastic Tiny ECS Framework by @KatrinaKitten 🙏

Full code & docs on GitHub: github.com/jesstelford/pecs

Here's a demo cart showing off some Particle Emitters using PECS v2.0.0:

Cart #pecs-1 | 2022-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Update 20210316: I have added a Camera Follow/Window example also:

Cart #pecs_camera-1 | 2022-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

game isn't fully implemented yet.
up/left/right to move
x to pewpew

Cart #putehepujo-0 | 2021-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Okay, so, interesting bug/feature: print("^a") with just the beep and not the text introduces a new line at the last cursor point.

If this is the first print() in the game, and if x/y coordinates are not specified, the new line will insert at the bottom of the screen and force the screen to scroll, potentially disrupting previously drawn graphics.

In the game of the attached screenshot, the blue case and UPLR button are drawn first, then a beep via print("^a"), then the "Vortex" in the next print(). Note the scrolling of the lower buttons by one character height.

Specifying x/y coords prevents this corruption from happening, e.g.: print("\^a", 0, -20).

The expected behavior was that since the print() was called with only a beep code and no text, it would not force a new line.

A solution might be to check if pixel width of a print equals zero, and if so, to prevent the new line at the end of the print.

2 comments

Cart #klax-2 | 2022-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a pico-8 port of Klax, mainly based on the Atari Lynx version, featuring:

-100 levels
-5 different backgrounds
-warps
-full klax combos and scoring system.

updated to v1.1

-Fixed early game over condition when last free tile would create a klax
Thanks to @dan9er finding
-added additional perspective tile graphics for tiles on external lines
-added brief tutorial before level one,like lynx version
-added one sample of digitized speech... It's all i could fit without
compression but i wanted to test how this new secret functionality

I needed a warm up project after taking some time off since finishing Masters of the Universe and I was thinking how Lynx screen resolution is not that far off from pico-8's and it gave me the idea of trying to port some games.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #lavaroom-0 | 2021-03-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I made this in an hour :)

this code is a mess :)

0 comments

Cart #impossible-2 | 2022-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Impossible Mission R.T.

Discovered #pico8's secret 5512Hz 8-bit digital audio out API.

Created a homage to this legendary 80's masterpiece to celebrate.

Thanks zep!

36 comments

Cart #cardinal_pirate-0 | 2021-03-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls

Arrow keys to move. Z to wait. X to toggle menu.

Cardinal Ramship Pirate

You have descended into Bordered Space in pursuit of the famed Big Golden Chest. The area has many guardians but you have a time crystal and a pirate ramship...

Ram into other ships to damage them. Only the fastest moving ship deals damage.

Use the menu to change equipment - each provides different advantages and disadvantages. Scrap items to regain lost health and fuel - some will even increase your maximum health and fuel capacity.

Made for the 7 Day Roguelike Challenge, 2021.

-

Check out my other carts if you want just the code for the menu or physics.

0 comments

Cart #underdog-0 | 2021-03-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's my first bbs cart. I've really liked Pico-8, and since there's been a lot of cryptocurrency hype, I thought I would make a Dogecoin clicker. Do enjoy!

(It does have some problems and the gameplay is iffy but the particles look pretty so that's cool)

4 comments

Cart #drop-4 | 2021-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The simplest platformer you'll ever get: move left/right to fall on blocks, but stay on screen!

Earn bonus points by making big falls and breaking blocks

This game is mostly finished, but lacking sound and music.

itch.io page: https://scambier.itch.io/drop

Update 1.1.0

• Graphics: new tiles from the excellent MRMOTEXT tileset. The old tiles worked, but they certainly lacked originality.
  • Graphics: "solid" blocks are now brighter with a bit of dirt/grass on top, "broken" blocks are duller and more clearly broken
  • Graphics: removed background filters (might rework that later)
  • Fixed: highscore was not correctly saved
  • Fixed: incorrect labels
3 comments

Cover of world 4 I made from Super Mario Bros 3.
Not perfect but like how compact and the juice that buzz adds.
[sfx]

1 comment

Cart #jotupmubo-0 | 2021-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I finally made my first game! Sprite Movement. Its a game where you move around. Even though it might be boring, I'm gonna make more versions! For now, Bye!

2 comments

Cart #shipandgravity-1 | 2021-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game use only directional pad. If the ship close to asteroids, it will be forced by gravity. Sometimes, a can is dropped from upper side. It makes time limit longer.

▼This is gameplay by "Pursuing Pixels" (https://twitter.com/PursuingPixels).

0 comments

Cart #cosmolander-2 | 2021-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone, this is my first Cartridge published to Pico-8 BBS.

This game is an evolution of the second game found in "Gamedev with Pico-8" .pdf document in Pico-8 resources page, and I really enjoyed coding it and learning Pico-8 gamedev. I had a lot of ideas that I plan to use in the future for my next cartridges, but I decided to keep this one simple.

In CosmoLander you take control of your explorer spaceship in a mission to visit multiple planets from a far away galaxy. The main goal is to land on as much different planets as you can, while managing your Fuel and shooting at the switches that control the landing platform gates.

Rules:

The more precise you land on a platform, the higher your score (60 to 100). Be careful not to touch the ground too hard, otherwise your spaceship will get crushed in pieces.
Every 500 points you are provided a floating Fuel Tank, that will replenish 20% of your spaceship tank. If you choose not to pick it up, you will have to wait for the next 500 points, so don't miss the chance.
Every 6 planets you visit you will face a more difficult challenge, where the planet will have a switch controlling the Landing Platform Gates, you have to press the red button either by shooting at it (use button X to shoot!) or by landing on top of it (its riskier, but it grants extra 80 points!!).
Buttons:
Spaceship Weapons: ❎
Spaceship Controls: ⬅️⬆️➡️

If this game made you have some fun and spend time on it, please consider leaving a comment and sharing your Highest Score, to challenge other Pilots!!

Enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #shomaisshi01-1 | 2021-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! My name is Shoma. I'm from Japan.

I'm crazy about "lateral thinking puzzles" recently.
I tried to make the game with that idea.

I made a simple puzzle game that is able to be cleared super very short time like a 5 minutes.

The title of my first work is "I misplaced the key somewhere.." .
The purpose of the game is "back to the spaceship before the oxygen runs out" .

— STORY —

We came to treasure hunt by our spaceship. I misplaced the keys somewhere while exploring in outer space and couldn't enter the spaceship! Oxygen disappears moment by moment, and the members say die ...

——————

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->