BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #tapioca-5 | 2021-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

"tapioca 2" is block and egg puzzle action game.
Break and Jump to survive!!

・control
〇:shot egg (long press to auto)
× or ↑:jump
← or →:move
↓:toggle language (Japanese or English)

・how to play
Don't be crushed by blocks.
Don't stack up blocks.
Red fruits make egg stronger while 4 sec.
Yellow fruits make fire rate faster while 2 sec.

0 comments

Flag Demo

Cart #flagdemo-1 | 2020-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Summary

This is a tiny cart I made to learn Tline. Then I got carried away and made a scene and everthing else...
IDK if you want to look at the code to see how stuff is done feel free! I did some poke shanagains with

-- 0x33dc (sfx7note1..3)

rng=64+flr(rnd(32)/2)*2
 for i=0,2 do
  poke(0x33dc+i*2,rng+i*2)
 end
 sfx(7)

if your curious. : p

Hope this is relaxing or what ever!

controls

• up Down | move flag
  • z | play randomized sounds
0 comments

Was wondering if someone could help me figure out a poke that I wanted to do.

I was trying to figure out how to edit the first note in sfx7,
So when I hit a button it pokes that address and then plays a diffrent pitch depending on the value I poke.
could someone help point out what address(es) that would be?

Thanks in advance! (I'm newish to peek/poking!)

3 comments

There‘s a great gamer & game developer magazine called wireframe. Issue 12 contains a PICO-8 special.

Wireframe #12 PICO-8 Special

For some reason the PDF is free which is great. It‘s very much in the style of Edge magazine. Very polished & professional. It has great pointers for getting started. Check it out pico-people.

2 comments

Cart #tdisojanu-0 | 2020-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for this years GMTK game jam, The theme was "Out of Control"

In Snaaake, i tried to keep the scope narrow since i'm prone to feature creep so i decided to put a spin on an established theme. In Snaaake each pill (apple) you collect has a chance to mutate the game state, which can eventually lead to you losing control.

I would have added music but i'm not very music-savvy, enjoy!

Mutations:

• Time warp: The speed of the game can get faster or slower.
  • Double time: Every time you collect a pill, 2 more spawn.
  • Break walls: Random sections of the map will break, allowing you to wrap around.
  • Glitch: The screen becomes fuzzy and difficult to see

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #jeb_aladdin-0 | 2020-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So... This started as an excercise to pico8 the "A Friend Like Me" song from the Disney movie Aladdin. Then I had the poor judgement to decide to make an animation to go with the song.

This turned out to be a very time consuming task, and I wasn't happy with what it looked like, so I lost the motivation to continue. So this cart has been on my disk for a while - waiting for the motivation to return - until I finally decided to release it in its current unfinished state.

I hope it still brings some joy to someone, and that it doesn't anger the Mouse.

15 comments

21 squid!

Cart #squid21-0 | 2020-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

a lovely squid game with 3d, and too many yellows,blues,oranges and greens.

5 comments

Cart #kyrosmansion-0 | 2020-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Kyros Mansion

This is a game I created with my son for fun and this is our first game in pico-8.

Please have fun playing!

1 comment

Cart #selena_2-0 | 2020-08-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

BaldJared's ancient mod from 2016, recreated for everyone to play! Hope People Enjoy!
This mod does require some understanding of speed tech, so play at your own risk!

15 comments

Hey all!

I recently released my game Gravitaz (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=38597), and thought that it might be useful to put the particlesystem (and a modified version of the stars effect) in its own post so people can use it if they want.

It's pretty lightweight (coming in at just 92 tokens! I'm sure it can be lightened a bit more too), and can be used in a number of ways.

It is decently limited, but if you need super simple particle effects with a number of pixels, this should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any questions, the files are also available on Github (plus a slightly more powerful Love2d Version if that's what you're into) at https://github.com/KeplerElectronics/keplers_light_particlesystem

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #picodoc-1 | 2020-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

After seeing PICO-Tune, PICO-CAD, and PIC-OS I thought it would be cool to make my own utility tool, so somehow that lead me to create the lamest tool I could think of! A document tool! Yay!

A few notes on operation:

This does not work on web, it is a local PICO-8 tool.
To use this tool, put it in a folder in your OS, name it something like Docs.
Once you start up the tool you can hit the menu button and click create new document to create an empty document.
Then go into the directory and rename the new document to <name>.p8 and run this file.
After you go through the document setup as many times as you want, you can use PICO-Doc normally.

0 comments

Here's a tiny entity-component-system framework for anyone who might need such a thing! It weighs in at only 108 tokens as of v1.0. This framework assumes (but does not technically require) the strictest definition of the concept, that being that entities and components define no behavior internally but rather are acted upon by externally defined systems that function on the data contained in the entity/components themselves.

The implementation of systems is a slightly refined version of @selfsame's earlier implementation, which treated the "components" simply as keys of the entity, rather than modular objects in their own right. It's also been slightly token-optimized, at 38 instead of 47, but assumes at least the table structure implemented by the entity factory function. I highly recommend @selfsame's version if you need something even more lightweight than this, at the cost of a little flexibility.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #titaragedi-0 | 2020-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! I'm Japanese Student!

I used pico-8 for the first time when it was handled in a college class.

I made it using the Mot's tutorial.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=35767

Thanks to his tutorial, I managed to bring this game into shape. And I learned how to make pseudo 3D game.

I would appreciate any constructive comments.

Thank you very much.

2 comments

Cart #rocketjumpwaltz-2 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

One of my favorite songs from the Team Fortress 2 OST.
Original by Mike Morasky

2 comments

Hello everyone,

I am a first year Japanese university student exploring game design.
This is my first time making a game.
My teacher introduced us to MBoffin's tutorial:
https://mboffin.itch.io/pico-8-top-down-adventure-game-tutorial
This is my remix.

I would appreciate any constructive comments.

Thank you very much

[ここで日本語を追加しましょう]
赤い〇に入ったらクリア
動いてるやつに当たったら死にます

Cart #sanugezudu-0 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Thick line drawing routine (as a reply to @JadeLombax Twitter).

Cart #rabogemeri-0 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Manual:

linefill x0 y0 x1 y1 r [col]
draw a 2*r pixel wide line
note: r must be >= 0.5 to produce meaningful results
note: the code uses sub-pixel precision rasterization, allowing smooth movement

Example:

-- 4 pixel wide white line
linefill(45,34,67,96,2,7)
7 comments

I've tried to upload several times a new version for a cart but seems something breaks that cart in particular... everything runs fine locally (windows machine) but the uploade version gives a syntax error in an odd place (inside one px9 generated string)

I saved the cart a few times but results are the same... any idea on the reason and a potential fix?

cart is

Cart #deflektor-17 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(and a few of the previous ones... 14+) In terms of changes against version 13 there's a few extra lines and some extra bin data in the map area. Not htting any of the limits (compressed at 98%,7253 tokens, 48153 chars)

2 comments

I started getting a weird error with my recent upload to the BBS, which seems to be related to the version bump in the html player from 0.2.1b to 0.2.1c dev - it throws a syntax error about an incomplete string that is indeed complete in the code :/

Cart #startrax_02-6 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Hello everyone! Today is the day! Blackhole.io developer version! Here's the cart:

Cart #bhiodev-0 | 2020-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Enjoy!

How to play and how to use the cheats here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=38961

0 comments

Cart #suditotaki-0 | 2020-07-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Remake of Thrust, an old C64 game (although I first came across it on the school BBC Micros). The first game I ever saw that had anything approaching "proper" physics, I owe it a lot.

Z shoots
X fuel scoop/tractor beam/shield (burns fuel)
Up to thrust, L/R to rotate

-Grab the pod using your tractor beam when you're close enough and escape the level
-Active your fuel scoop (X) when near fuel to pick it up
-X also activates a shield, but it burns up fuel
-Shoot the reactor (but not too much...) to temporarily disable the turrets
-Or just shoot the turrets
-Later level have switches. Shoot them, too

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->