BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #penguin_run-3 | 2020-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

https://twitter.com/kadoyan/status/1272219759208062977

Update:

• Made some background patterns. (These stage constructions are dummies)
  • Added the player's turning around animation and a small dance.
  • Restart the stage when you failed.

I'll continue to make this.😀

2 comments

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if I enter exactly what this zine says in the SQUASHY tutorial, I get various errors when trying to run the code.

2 comments

Cart #space_hyper-0 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

After figuring out how to make particle effects I wanted to make a game that took advantage of them. Here it is! Space Hyper! A very explodey space shooter!

1 comment

Cart #revraid-3 | 2022-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pilot! This is the planet of evil Boltzmann brain Kylix! Destroy the main data center! It is behind 15 gates.

Good luck!

Keys:

• up(x)/left/right - thrusters;
  • z - shot.

Hints:

• You get the extra life on every 100 score;
  • Reuel then destroy balloon to earn more score;
  • You can continue the game from last gate (left/right to select gate);
  • Press up/down on the main title screen to generate non-standard levels or reset to default one.

And... Good luck!

I will be glad to receive your feedback.

Binary builds are available here: https://instead.itch.io/rr

You can find my other games and support me here: https://instead.itch.io

P.S. It is my second pico-8 game. No free tokens this time :)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #fandes-0 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #screensaverpong-1 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

my first ever game I made myself from the ground up :)
I'm so proud of this, its the first coding project I'm proud of. I've done 2 projects before this but neither were games and they were extremely simple and didn't work that well.

this is a screensaver, with a pong game built in!
to start, press c or x, then control the paddle with up and down.
as you hit the penguin ball (roundelie emote from celeste classic server) more often, it will speed up!
how high of a score can you get? let me know!

4 comments

Cart #islandmaker-0 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

make an island by driving, then i guess just drive on it?
it looks cool, and i think that's the most important point here.
have fun, and feel free to look at it, or steal it,
but tell everyone that you did.

0 comments

Based off of a job I had in high school. A little game I made to learn pico-8.

Inspired by the game A Solitary Spacecraft by @videodante in ways that feel very obvious in retrospect

Arrow keys to move, X to pickup/drop burgers.

0 comments

Hi all,

Soon after I started reading Pilgrim in the Microworld I decided to 'splore PICO-8 carts cloning breakout. It was then that I found @Krystman's amazing Breakout Hero that I decided to make it a self playing game. Check it out!

Cart #breakoutheroauto-0 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is still in development, so there are no actual AI heuristics or any algorithm aiming to max the score or beating all the levels. In fact, it so far reaches stage 9 after nearly 12min. But the basics are here. Whether you want to have your computer playing by itself as a screen saver or keep improving its AI, have fun!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #yedomewuka-3 | 2020-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello PICO-8 Community!

Attached is my first attempt at programming a video game (I have done a lot of statistical programming, but this is way different). Currently I am having some problems with Maps and collision detection in this particular game.

Setup: Flag 0 are things you can stand on, Flag 1 are things that you can't jump through.
Problem: Whenever I start the map, I hit an invisible wall next to the tree trunk, on both sides and you can jump on some of the tree that are not able to be jumped on.

Could someone look at my code/map and see if there is something wrong with my collision detection or map construction.

Thanks,
HBHR Jelly

3 comments

Trying to export a binary or html file from a file that doesn't have the

_init() _update() _draw()

loop will result in a screen like in the picture. This particular image was from the code

print("test").
1 comment

Recently got Pico 8 over on itch.io and wanted to find out if I can get it activated on my account here or will the itch version be kept upto date with the main site? thank you

25 comments

Cart #foxum-0 | 2020-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The Story

The Princess of Carnia, imbued with magical powers, had kept the kingdom in a time of peace and prosperity for many years, shielding it from the outside influence of the evil Zards - an ancient order of mysterious wizards.

One night, the Zards attacked the kingdom by surprise, capturing the princess. They locked her in her chambers, tethered to magic orbs that exploited her magical energy to release chaos into the land. Species once again became prone to their carnal instincts, and even the dead rose from their tombs. The Zards scattered the keys to the tower throughout the world in order to deter her rescue.

One lone soldier, Foxum, an expert archer and hunter, has vowed to defeat the Zards, rescue the princess, and return Carnia to a time of order and prosperity...

[ Continue Reading.. ]

19 comments

I started this small "2 players 1 controller" volleyball game at the start of the year and i didn't touch it for a while because I got overwhelmed. I honestly just want someone to try it at this point.

player 1: cursor keys
player 2: ZX
Players can move left or right within their field. Hold both directions to charge a jump.
Hit the ball with your hat to bop it. Hit the ball with your knee to spike it diagonally.

Sorry this isn't properly standardized for use in a physical console or anything. It wasn't a priority...

Cart #wadobuduzi-0 | 2020-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #bean_pride_2020-0 | 2020-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Found myself blocked with my other work so I detoured to make a nice small pride cart!
Thanks to Jwinslow23 for helping with compression and oxapax for constant feedback.
Comes in at 274 characters.

The patterns, going clockwise, are:
-Rainbow
-Agender
-Asexual
-Nonbinary
-Lesbian (with an extra white added)
-Bisexual
-Trans
-Pan

2 comments

Cart #wibiyfot-0 | 2020-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is the first playable version of my round based space shooter. I'm still learning a lot and putting in stuff as I learn.
First, plan your move. Then select your weapon now watch in awe. You move double as fast as this first enemy type for now.
Enemies drop supplies, which fill up your health.

Have fun playing, and let me know how it goes.

3 comments

Cart #convparade-0 | 2020-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I was working on a half-baked 3D engine when my brother texted me to tell me that my games are just like the ones on Adventure Time.

Well, I'll show him.

4 comments

Cart #robots_hate_bugs-0 | 2020-06-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For my first PICO-8 game, I decided to remake the first game I ever made. It's a simple but fun action game. I hope you enjoy it!

3 comments

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right category to post this in, but as an Audio Guy I'm intrigued by the possibility of direct control of Pico-8's DAC? (Then again, I'm not entirely certain whether Pico-8 HAS a DAC, or just a sample playback routine that goes directly to the host machine's DAC.) Either way, I have found the possibility of "user waveform" slots (a la the Namco Custom30) in Pico-8 to be pretty intriguing. Many old microcomputer systems have had some form of exploit or another to directly control the DAC (this is famously how sampled sound and digitized speech could be played back on the C64). Theoretically, would this be possible in Pico-8, or will its architecture not allow it?

0 comments

I am at the end of my first project, adding a few new rooms to my level string, when I realized I was over the compressed size limit. So I started deleting new line characters here and there... but it seems like this just makes the compressed size go up. Can someone please explain this to me, or is this a bug?

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->