BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #inf_topdown-0 | 2020-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing the results of a personal "game jam" I completed this weekend. I use the inverted commas there because I was very sporadic in terms of my time on the game jam, maybe averaging 4 hours each day... so in reality, I completed this game in about 8 hours.

This was my first proper dive into game programming, and, as a reflection of the project, I'm ecstatic that I was able to get a game made to this level in the amount of time I spent making it.

Things I want to implement next time

• levels
  • different mobs
  • player lives

Some issues/questions I still have

• I don't fully understand what code should be in _update() and _draw() (that is -- I don't know how or why I should separate code between these two functions.)
  • I don't know how to rotate sprites. I wanted to have the character rotate without having to create a different sprite set.
  • I didn't figure out how to reduce speed when travelling diagonally.

Special thanks

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #ventureexplore-0 | 2020-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a little project I've been working on to continue learning code, in a fun way!
hope you enjoy!

2 comments

I'm doing a one game a week challenge , a friend is also participating, and I decided it was a good time to learn how to use Pico-8 and start making games with it! So here it is, 1st week, 1st pico-8 game I've ever made, looking forward some feedback :D

Cart #starfragment-0 | 2020-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

6 comments

Cart #jelpimath-1 | 2020-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've made a math games for my Daughter.

I am did not want to focus on the art side (not my strong point). So I have heavily modified the Jelpi demo (just kept the sound and the beloved Jelpi).

Dear @zep is it ok if I use jelpi and his music for this cartridge?

2 comments

I saved a game that I made and I searched my entire computer for the file I saved and I can't find it. I'm in a game jam and finished the game but now I cannot find the game for the life of me! Where would it be?

2 comments

Cart #littlenecromancer-4 | 2020-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Help Mortimer, a necromancer apprentice, to travel to the great Necropolis. Resurrect the dead ones along his pilgrimage. But beware! They know no more master.

Little Necromancer is a Puzzle Adventure Game inspired by classics like "Adventures of Lolo" or "Ghosts'n Goblins".

Controls:

Little Necromancer is playable with keyboard, gamepad or smartphone.

Collect skulls and press ❎/[x] to resurrect the dead ones.They could destroy foes,pillars or...you!
Collect orbs to open the portals of the 12 levels.
If you get stuck,hold 🅾️/

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #easter_suprise-3 | 2020-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Happy Easter PICO-8 community!

Edit: Now with sound!:)
Edit 2: Now with cute chicky sounds

/ Sebastian Lind ( @Elastiskalinjen)

0 comments

Slushies 3 was a game I wrote in 2003 for the Casio color graphing calculator. I've reproduced it for posterity as accurately as possible after recovering the original source code and converting it to Lua. Since the original game relied on some "tribal knowledge" of inside jokes and rules that aren't told to you anywhere, I've added a commentary system to act as your guide through this hilariously imbalanced game, and you'll get a little bonus if you make it to the end of the game after accessing 100% of them.

I hope you enjoy it!

Cart #slushies3_v1-0 | 2020-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

is there fnaf pico8

2 comments

Cart #cloud_bounce-0 | 2021-02-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Join Squirt as he jumps and bounces in the sky through varying times of day, on his way to Cloud Land.

Features character and level animation, 60fps gameplay, over 150 unique screens of platforming, and a simple ending-- all in under 280 characters!

Controls:

Left/Right---Move
Z------------Small bounce
X------------Regular bounce
Z+X----------Super bounce
Reset Cart---Retry

This is the first game I made for Pico-8 (or for any platform, for that matter...). I wasn't originally planning to try and fit a game in this small a size, I was just working on a platformer game test, but then I came across the concept of tweetcarts and things went in an unexpected direction. I planned to upload the release version a long time ago, but wanted to fit a couple more things in.

3 comments

A minimalist wallpaper that looks really nice with programs on the desktop.

Have it set myself

1 comment

Cart #tarot8-3 | 2020-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Virtual tarot cards. The cards are arranged in a 3D sphere that can be manipulated. Because of the way the sphere works, the cards are naturally arranged into 'spreads' for readings. Basic linear paths, crosses and multi dimensional timelines are all possible. There's some help text in the pause menu that I'll put it here, too.

spin⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ cards
around and stop❎
when it feels right.

hold❎ to reveal the
glowing card.
spirits speak through
the symbols.

twist/align🅾️+⬅️/➡️ to
change spreads, explore
different paths.
🅾️+❎ to shuffle and
start a new query.
push/pull🅾️+⬆️/⬇️ to

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

I keep getting an error for Line 0, Tab 0. ? Alongside a false global update. Should that even exist?

SOLVED! DELETED THE UPDATE_MAP CODE WHEN TRYING TO REWRITE IT DIFFERENTLY, FORGOT TO REPLACE IT

Code Line :

function _update()
if (not game_over) then
if (not active_text) then
update_map()
move_player()
check_win_lose()
end
end

Error :

RUNTIME ERROR LINE 15 TAB 0
UPDATE_MAP()
ATTEMPT TO CALL GLOBAL 'UPDATE_M
AP' (A NIL VALUE)
IN UPDATE LINE 15 (TAB 0)
AT LINE 0 (TAB 0)

1 comment

Cart #podihutap-1 | 2020-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a port of an old ZX Spectrum game called Sheer Panic (or Panic) which was a version of the old arcade game Space Panic.
This is just an initial attempt at it. I think I have got everything in there though.

The idea is to kill the monsters by digging pits in the floor and then knocking a monster down when it falls into the pit. More advanced monsters need to fall a larger distance to be killed.

Arrow keys to move around
X to dig
Z to fill

(Updated to remove death message and go back to menu)

2 comments

Hi, I'm building a prototype of a roguelike inspired by mahjong solitaire on pico-8:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=37279

I'm not sure yet how much potential the concept has, but I want to push it as far as possible.

The gameplay is taking shape rapidly, but I still need help to make:

• shiny graphics
  • immersive sound effects/music
  • accessible UI

If this inspires you, I'd love hearing your ideas :)
My discord

Casual42#0617

3 comments

Cart #spiralgalaxy-1 | 2020-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Spiral Galaxy inspired by https://twitter.com/matthen2/status/1247801932413988864

Tweet cart version:
GIF https://twitter.com/samuelks/status/1248291473579073537
Source https://twitter.com/samuelks/status/1248291574682750976

1 comment

Cart #ice_cream-0 | 2020-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi! This is the second PICO-8 game I have made! I made this for the Portland Indy Game Squad (PIGSquad) 3-Button, 3-Color game jam! the Creative Theme was One More Time. My dad did the sound and music (which is the ice cream truck music), and I did all the programming and everything else. Thanks!

2 comments

Cart #wonderboy-1 | 2020-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Run
Z / Up - Jump
X - Throw Axe

0 comments

Cart #snekman-0 | 2020-04-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #ghosti-7 | 2020-04-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->