BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

This cart defines type = 2 for some reason. Tostr doesn't like that.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=34078

3 comments

My kids have been working through Chocolate Castle and I just upgraded to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.

Is there any plan to publish a 64 bit version of Chocolate Castle and/or Zen Puzzle Garden that can run natively on Catalina?

Chocolate Castle especially is timeless.

0 comments

gf
by dw817
Cart #gf-0 | 2020-01-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS Pico-8 cart in immediate mode type:

load #gf

You know how you see something somewhere and you tell yourself, that's pretty neat. I wonder if I can do that.

Well this is an actual classic example of that. I was looking at @LoveDan's interesting frame which appears and disappears:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=36564

Well I thought it might be interesting the way I do it, with a kind of sizzle sparkling line that moves over it like a mirror's light. Like a Star Trek transporter or Phaser disintegration.

The demo is a bunch of bouncing balls to show it really does run in the background and uses standard _DRAW() and _UPDATE() functions. Does not write to sprite area so you can animate sprites and stuff while it's running.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #paintball_logic-1 | 2020-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first attempt at making a PICO 8 game. It is inspired by Zachtronics puzzle/programming games. The theme here is that a given series of balls will enter the grid from a queue, and you need to output the required series.

This is the second version, which might actually qualify as a real puzzle game now, with a few different mechanics and half a dozen "puzzles". I hope to continue development of features and more real puzzles!

4 comments

Cart #waprjugo-0 | 2020-01-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a code snippet to create an auto formatting text window. It's around 300 tokens. You can slim that down if you remove some of the visual niceties.

5 comments

To whoever is seeing this, can you please tell me if I can change my account username? Thanks

0 comments

Apple's star wars on pico-8

Cart #starwars_apple2_challenge-0 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

There are 5 ranks to climb up.
Kill the enemy ships and don't let them escape.

Thanks @dw817 for this challenge!

To find the other carts of this challenge click HERE

Controls

You can shoot Lasers or Torpedos on c/v or z(y)/x
-Lasers cost 1 energy fired on Z(Y) / C
-Torpedos cost 2 energy fired on V / X

Move the crosshairs with your arrow keys.

Aiming

The aiming is pixel perfect for the white enemy parts
-The laser checks for 1 pixel and you have to aim very precisely
-The torpedos checks for 5 pixels in a "+" formation.

1 comment

HELLO and welcome back to another exciting week of Applecart.

When we first started, we wanted you programmers out there to give us your own rendition of Apple ]['s own Saucer Attack, an old 6502-assembly Apple ][ game that was originally read in the computer by audiocassette. I could not find a video so I could only describe how it looked - and of course write my own version of what I saw.

There were two entries total, found HERE and HERE.

The week after that we had a new competition, to make a game called Saucer Invasion, slightly different from the above. In this case we had a bonus, a video to look at so we could indeed see the original game, its instructions, presentation, and operation.

Youtube video of Saucer Invasion.

So there were two entries on this one, and you can find those [[b]HERE

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

(11-21-21)

As @zep has made changes in Pico-8 with updates (0.2.3), especially regarding scrolling the screen when too much text appears on it, I have since had to take this game and revamp it with new code so it will run correctly as it was not earlier with his latest version. With new code it does run properly now. Enjoy !

Cart #migukohizo-0 | 2021-11-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

TO LOAD THIS CART IN IMMEDIATE MODE TYPE:

load #migukohizo

. . .

This is the older cart that does not run correctly. Kept to show ZEP the difference between the two.

Cart #applecart_starwars_dw817-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #zizegitezi-1 | 2020-01-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first (very simple) game I made in about an hour.
My highest score: 48.

5 comments

Cart #sitmageos-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

dis game s ok :)

1 comment

Cart #zetidumgi-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #starwars_nosnibor28-1 | 2020-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

UPDATE 2020/01/22

v0.2 adds cockpit graphics, laser sprites (as opposed to continuous lines) with that nice orange-red look, and you can hit the enemies now! No energy limits, enemy fire, or increasing difficulty yet, and the camera is still a little bit janky, but it's coming along.

ORIGINAL POST

I'm mostly posting this so my pals in the Applecart Challenge don't think I'm a total slacker lol. Two things got me this week: a busy schedule and scope creep.

When I first saw the video of Apple II Star Wars, I thought it looked like a distant ancestor of Rebel Assault. So naturally I decided to make my version a little closer to that. I wanted the TIE Fighters to shoot back, too! Instead of just being limited by weapon power, you'll also have a shield meter. Weapon power will regenerate when you aren't firing, but more fighters will appear the longer you fly.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Hi! Im trying to figure out if its possible to port a pico-8 game to a format thats able to be uploaded to the apple itunes store or google play store. Someone please enlighten me!

1 comment

Cart #rugbysports-2 | 2020-02-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Started noodling with a sports game, probably going to be rugby.

My dream has alwasy been to produce a rugby game as good as the mid ninties Jonah Lomu Rugby, never been bettered

What I've got here is two 7 a side teams randomly distributed over the pitch with a physics engine to resolve collisions.

From small acorns things grow and such like

3 comments

Cart #trubblebubble-0 | 2020-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Trubble Bubble is my tribute to the Atari 800 game Bubble Trouble.

The game is currently in development but I have made available a one level demo to play around with.

The objective is to manoeuver the bubble around the bath, collecting enough (10) to float out of the water and into the next level.

Hazards come in the form of dirt, which will deplete your bubble count, or bumping into the fish or the diving nail brushes.

0 comments

I noticed after I updated the cart on my Screen and Draw Palettes Demo thread that the post got bumped in the forum thread list with the message "[last person to post] replied 9 hours ago", when (a) they replied two months ago and (b) I updated the cart on the original post 9 hours ago.

(Yeah, that was really really belated. I was kind of embarrassed about the initial mistake.)

I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes to display these timestamps but something like "Packbat updated a cartridge 9 hours ago" would be more accurate.

0 comments

Cart #spaceroute92-0 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

More over on Itch.io: https://geeitsomelaldy.itch.io/space-route-92

Welcome to Space Route 92, the most dangerous trade route in the cosmos!

Fight, Trade, Ferry or Flee across the system from station to station. Reach the Freedom Star with as much cash as you can... if you can survive the dangers along the way.

Avoid Asteroids, Clear Minefields, Salvage Wrecks or Carry Passengers. Make your money, buy new ships. Plan your loadouts carefully!

Hints and Tips

• The further you ferry passengers, the more money you make
  • You get the bounty however you clear a mine, even if you ram it
  • More Engine Power means your jump recharges faster
  • Power Modules are split 3-ways between Weapons, Engines and Shields. If you don't have any Weapons it splits 2 ways between Engines and Shields.
  • Damage taken to shields will be recharged when you reach a space station for free. Hull Repairs cost money.
  • The Apex Shuttle can reach the Freedom Star on its own
4 comments

Cart #escacs_ximo_v1-3 | 2020-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I created a randomized chess, I hope you enjoy it. I thought about this concept when I was trying to find a variant of chess where a newbie could potentially win a very good player from time to time like in the Mario Kart series.

Features:

• Starting board is random for both players. One player could start with 17 queens while the other could have all pawns.
  • Which player moves each turn is random.
  • When a player tries a capture which of the pieces is captured (attacker or defender) is also random.
  • You can play against a friend using the same controller or versus and AI.
  • To be consistent with the rest of the game, the AI moves at random.
  • The probabilities can be changed in the settings menu. For example if you want to make that captures succeed almost all the time but still fail from time to time you can set it to 90%.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->