BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #maeveparty-1 | 2019-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

An experimental bomb dropper designed by a 1st grader

0 comments

Cart #christmas_present_panic-1 | 2019-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Greeting humanoids, this is the first game release from the group of SORCERY. We hope that you enjoy our humble release filled with Christmas cheer and winter shenanigans.

1 comment

Cart #recursive-0 | 2019-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little program simulating recursion graphically.

Controls

• Y Button to call the function
  • X Button to finish ( go back ) a function call.

It is only a simulation. So it should not be possible to go back and forth but I had to stop the calls and thought it would be funny to have some control during the process.

5 comments

Cart #pikuhsata-0 | 2019-12-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #snowman_builder-1 | 2019-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

We're decidedly into the snowy part of the year, so here's a little cart to celebrate the winter cheer!
The outside cold you need not fear, for you can decorate a snowman from right here!

CONTROLS
Keyboard (Default)
Arrows: Move
Z: Grab/Place
X: Rotate/Cycle Colors

Mouse (Enabled from pause menu)
Left Click: Grab/Place
Right Click: Rotate/Cycle Colors

OTHER NOTES
Switching Control Modes: The cart will automatically switch to Keyboard or Mouse control when you use an arrow key or click, respectively. You can also switch between control modes from the pause menu. The cart will default to Keyboard control.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #dogrotto-1 | 2019-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

• z - Jump
  • x - Restart Puzzle
  • Down Arrow - Use
  • Left/Right Arrows - Walk left and right

Info

The project started as an experiment for learning Lua (and Pico8 to some extent). I had fun, so, I decided to finish and release it. I hope you like it!

Sorry for the lack of snake casing in the code. I usually use camel casing, but Pico8's editor doesn't support upper case letters :/

Update 1.1:

• X now restarts the puzzle.
  • Down arrow is now the use key.
  • Hint added on the second puzzle that shows how to restart a level.

Version 1.0:

Cart #dogrotto-0 | 2019-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

so this is the only thing i know to make

1 comment

Cart #fwitutano-1 | 2020-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Experimenting with a simple voxel renderer.
The bike is generated in code!

There's an option in the pause menu (p) to use enable camera controls:
arrows: pan
z+arrows: rotate
x+up/down: zoom

4 comments

Cart #yikanomor-1 | 2019-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #snowysskatingadventure-0 | 2019-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Snowy has skates and wants to help his friend Bunny decorate his tree! Skate the lake to find five ornaments for the tree.

• Hold X and a direction to accelerate.
  • Press Z ("O") while moving to jump.

Tip: Hold Z ("O") for longer before letting go to jump longer.

Tip: If you get stuck in water, try jumping your way out. Snowy isn't a strong swimmer, but he's a great jumper!

This is my and TimSwast's contribution to PICO-8 Advent 2019. Thanks to everyone who participated, and everyone who played!

2 comments

Cart #she_returned_with_friends-0 | 2019-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Non-interactive music cart for my song She Returned With Friends, with enchanting animation by @modernmodron (https://mozz.itch.io). Now you can loop this track forever and watch the owls come and go as they please :3

4 comments

Cart #katamari_christmassy-1 | 2019-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Katamari Christmassy

A PICO8+Xmas homage to the Katamari series by Namco by Mathieu @p01 Henri and Matt @gasmanic Westcott

The King of All Cosmos was completely naughty. The stars are all gone and you, the 5cm Prince of All Cosmos, must fix this mess.

How to play

Walk forward with ⬆️, steer with ⬅️ and ➡️
Roll things up with your Katamari ball to build the biggest clump.

The King will make a star with it. If it is big enough.

Game modes

Switch between Story and Arcade mode in the Pause menu.

Rebuild the Christmas constellation in Story mode to make the King of All Cosmos proud.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

I've thrown all my 32-bit games overboard and upgraded to macOS Catalina. I notice that the current PICO-8 binary (0.1.12c) asks for broad keyboard permissions (read keystrokes in all applications). I assume this permission isn't actually needed (I can deny it and everything seems to work) and this is a side effect of an older SDL macOS interaction. It'd be nice if the app can be configured to not ask for the permission.

If it is used for something I'd enjoy knowing what it is.

2 comments

I haven’t seen this mentioned but somebody ported Celeste Classic to GBA by reimplementing just enough of Pico 8 to get it running.

https://github.com/JeffRuLz/Celeste-Classic-GBA

This should mean porting other Pico 8 games to GBA should be easy?

3 comments

Cart #greta-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game has be made for Ludum Dare 45 : “Start with nothing”. You’re the Spirit of the Nature. You have nothing and should collect with the appropriate tool droplets of water, sun and earth to feed the plant.

Use arrows to move and [x] key to change the current tools.

Could you help Greta to grow? ( the name of the flower)

(Done by @s_yanik & @wdwave)

1 comment

Cart #rifoyhpu-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made this for the Yogscast Christmas Game Jam, came in 51st!

https://geeitsomelaldy.itch.io/simons-christmas-rush

3 comments

Cart #winenemofa-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

a little game for christmas for my programming courses
happy hollidays (warning text in german . . . for the kids to understand:-))

0 comments

Hi, My name is Rimuru, I have been going around and informing creators that their game is on another website without their permission. here is a list of the games
Santa Can't Breath On Mars.
Snow Plower.
Polar Panic.
Dot Gobbler.
Planet Wreckers.
BK'S Super One Wheel Adventure.
Last Christmas.
X-Zero.
Mouse Maze.
Mars.
Funklost.
and many others. The website is ArcadePreHacks. To find your game, go on their website, Click the Unity box so you dont have to look through Unity games but leave the Flash box ticked and look through the website and if you find your game go on the forums and talk about it in one of the existing forums. I will get back to you eventually.

13 comments

This is a bit obscure and possibly a limitation of SDL, but I notice as of 0.1.12c that if my default audio output device changes while PICO-8 is running, PICO-8 will continue to use whatever output device was the default when PICO-8 started for output, instead of switching to the new device.

For example, if I start PICO-8, then connect headphones, PICO-8 will continue to use the speakers. The rest of the system (at least for apps that don't have this issue) will use the headphones. To get PICO-8 to use the headphones in this case, I have to restart PICO-8.

1 comment

Cart #snowglobe-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Works almost like the real thing! Seriously, wait for it. It is kinda neat.

SNOWGLOBEv.1.1

Fixed the snow code ala @Albertbz update but I didnt use the final fix instead I opted for the first fix as this looks more like snowglobe snow. Then I found some code by @Krystman for shaking the camera. I also put some effort into making a decent text display and added controls for everything. Last I made some slight changes to how variables get their values and some of the sfx in the music. I think I might take this one step further, but I got sick last night and my head is kinda spinning so coding is taking longer than usual. Also have a low grade fever and severe nausea... Flu season sucks!!! Cover your mouth when you cough!!!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->