BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #morsetua-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome, cadet.

You have been chosen by Comshield to operate the new Strategic Telegraphic Interception System, or in short, STSI. Built by Babbagetech Industries, the STSI is the new best mechanalytical science can offer to intercept enemy messages and provide the Western European Republics an invaluable edge in the current battle for the soul of the continent.

I need not explain to you how crucial it is for us to gain any possible advantage in the current Franco-Teutonic war. The mass employ of wireless long distance communication is perhaps the greatest innovation that this was has seen. Gone are the days of messengers or slow wired telegraphs. Nowadays each platoon has their own wireless telegraph machine, sending messages through the air encoded with the peculiar brainwaves of the operator. The wonders of mechanalysis have created a new sort of war - fast, mobile, deadly. When the war started, in 1921, no one could have imagined things would be this different from the last conflicts - but now we're quickly catching up. This project will hopefully turn the tide.

Thanks to the technology of the STSI, you will be able to immerse yourself into the flow of communication we can intercept, but not easily decipher, from the enemy lines. Your brainwaves will synchronise with the message, and you will experience a natural interface to the decryption system. Your own body's natural physical instincts will aid you in the complex task of cracking the encryption. All you will have to do, from your perspective, is jump.

The STSI connects with your brain at a deep level. Without such a deep connection, it would not be able to harvest the full capabilities of your own neurons to crack the encryption. If you make a mistake and do not jump in time, the feedback will not be innocuous. Let's just say that you run just as many risks as your brothers and sisters fighting in the trenches. A good soldier knows how to face a honourable death. A great one manages to stay alive to better serve their country. Be a great soldier.

That is all. You may begin your work. Stay sharp: the country, and our own Founding Father, Emperor Napoleon himself, have their eyes on you.

Controls:

Press UP to jump and avoid the Morse code messages.

2 comments

Cart #racenosun_560-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Looks like I finally made something with voxelspace terrain recent studies https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=35654

This Race The Sun partial demake is my first entry to #TweetTweetJam N°3, in Pico8 with a 560 characters limit !

The Goal

You must go as far as possible, with no sun :D

Controls

Use < / > arrow to move your ship

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #legend_of_hippo-1 | 2019-11-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Zelda + Wario-Ware + Golf = Legend of Hippo

This is one of my most ambitious PICO-8 game yet!

You control a small hippo that have an ability to transform into a ball with three different forms.
To win a level you have to follow the rules, they are always visible in top center of the screen.
Much like Wario-Ware the time is always ticking so you have to be quick!

Controls

Move: Arrow keys
Dash: Hold Z and release, the longer you hold the faster the speed
Switch form: X

Update 1.1

This patch mostly focusing on making it more easy to prepare for a level. This should make remix less frustrating. Also some small polish on levels and graphics.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Here's my 558-char TweetTweetJam3 entry, including memory poked sfx (thanks to @eruonna for documenting that).

Cart #jammerboard-1 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

11 comments

Cart #guwumemibe-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #celeste_thelostcity-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Mod of Celeste.
Not finished as of Nov. 17, 2019

Will finish the next day!

You play as Madeline, exploring a city. There's one thing missing, though- where are the people?
Enjoy a retextured, fresh new Celeste experience with 32 rooms.

3 comments

Cart #gametatezo-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #zejafahugo-0 | 2019-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

This is Vanitas, my first upcoming game that I am trying to create. As I am still new to programming, this project has been/will be taking quite some time. I have the foundation set up for the game and will be implementing further features such as enemies, obstacles, levels, bosses, and additional mechanics that I currently don't know how to do.

Cart #vanitas01-0 | 2019-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

How do I create a middle c note in sfx 0 programmatically? I'm not sure on the formula to calculate the offset from 0x6000.

2 comments

Cart #fruitlicker-2 | 2023-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

FRUIT LICKER!

Lick fruit without guilt or shame RIGHT NOW in my easy little game, FRUIT LICKER! (My 560-char entry to #TweetTweetJam)

Get as many oranges as you can in 30 seconds! Play in your browser or on your phone! IT'S LICKALICIOUS!

Z to lick. Game ends in 30 seconds. Press X to restart.

Game minified and cool eye-moving by Paul Nicholas ( @Liquidream). Thanks!

WORLD RECORD IS 37 by Mango Man. Congrats!

3 comments

hs
by dw817
Cart #hs-0 | 2019-11-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS CART in immediate mode, type:

load #hs

Hyperspace or falling into a black hole. Whichever you think it might be. In any case, thought I would create a new post for this example. Earlier I was explaining some of the interesting things you can do with the PALETTE.

Here is a small example using all 15-colors of the 16-total. It uses the exact same principle you see as the snowflake animation found HERE:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=35927

So in the animation itself, no pixels are actually being drawn or moved. Only the palette is manipulated. Two per animation cycle at 30fps and likely using zero CPU if any at all despite how many sprites "appear" to be moving.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

gt
by dw817
Cart #gt-1 | 2019-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Wait a minute. Strike that.

Reverse it. Thank you.

Actually this should be titled, "A Tribute To Glowing."

Standard graphics on modern computers today do NOT have a palette. So - what exactly is the difference between graphics that use a palette and that which does not ?

Well generally one that does not means you have total freedom. That is if you can have 256-brightness levels for Red, Green, and Blue, why then you have a total of 16,777,216 colors available per pixel to you !

Nice indeed. So how does this differ from a system that uses a palette ?

well it all started years ago. Let's go back to QBasic for the IBM-pc which would let you have a choice. A 640x480 B&W pixeled screen, a single 320x240 256-color screen, or sixteen 320x240 16-color screens.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Running PICOPi on the Retroflag GPi case

I just got a Retroflag GPi case, which is a cool little enclosure for a Raspberry Pi 0(W) that has the form factor of a GameBoy. This gadget is intended primarily for emulation, but I REALLY wanted to use it as a portable pico-8.

Spoiler alert - I did.

Most tutorials for the GPi case focus on getting RetroPie running, and there are also resources out there for getting pico-8 running in conjunction with RetroPie. This is fine, but I really wanted a gadget that quickly boots into pico-8, no questions asked. Luckily, a software engineer going by Gamaral developed an image for all raspberry pi models that fast-boots into pico-8. This is, to my knowledge, the closest we can get today to dedicated pico-8 hardware.

Goal of this tutorial

This tutorial will focus on getting PICOPi running properly on a raspberry pi 0(W) in conjunction with the GPi case. You can find all of these materials for purchase on most online retailers. There are plenty of tutorials showing how to build the thing once you get all the materials (non-trivial!). I will not cover this.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

55 comments

I've been trying to use the new (although not that new now) #include command but I can't seem to get it working.

Code on pico-8 cart

#include testfile.lua

test()

Code on testfile.lua

function test()
	print("test",100,0,8)
end

When I run I get the error:

testfile.lua line 3
syntax error line 1 (tab 0)
endnd
syntax error near `test`
1 comment

Cart #underball-0 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game I made for a final project in a Game Development course!

2 comments

Cart #ix_desertmyths-0 | 2019-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Menu: Z to start game.

Game: UP/DOWN to move the bus

Mechanics
Another rapidly-completed dodging game, this time for the Desert Bus Game Jam! Keep that bus away from the weird mythical creatures!

Commentary
Excited to finally finish something for this jam after several years wanting to.

itch.io page: here.

#onegameamonth November 2019

0 comments

Cart #yunoyetosu-0 | 2019-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #yunoyetosu-0 | 2019-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #funklost-4 | 2019-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Funklost aka Communityleste

This started out as a mod by my friend Cupps and I but after a long hiatus we decided to revive it as a community project by the CELESTE Classic community (mostly speedrunners but we got some modders too).
I'd just like to list out the names of everyone who took part in this mod:

Amegpo
Cominixo
Cupps
Dankus (Myself)
FlatKiwi
GlowyOrange
Jpegsarebad
Meep_Moop
Noel (The co-dev of the original game)
QaDs
RubyRed
and of course, our boy Funky Kong (The protagonist :) )

We hope you enjoy this mod. Next up is Celeste in CELESTE Classic I guess :P
(Y'all should read line 8 in the code)

Edit: Just gonna plug the speedrun leaderboards (https://www.speedrun.com/celestep8mods/full_game#Funklost) and our discord (discord.gg/celesteclassic)

34 comments

Cart #brickout-0 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Yay! Another breakout game! This is my final project for my Video Game Development class. It's nothing that will blow your mind, but keep in mind I had ZERO programming knowledge before this class. Enjoy!

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->