BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #twentyfourhours-0 | 2019-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The only thing equal to all is the 24 hours we get at the start of each day. How will you spend yours?

up/down: switch between activities
left/right: change allotted time
z/x/c/v: confirm, continue through screens

6 comments

Cart #cashmoneymole-0 | 2019-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

my entry for ludum dare 44

0 comments

Cart #fezuywojo-2 | 2019-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Uh, Madeline maybe you shouldnt get drunk before climbing a 3km tall mountain.
Mod of CelesteP8
Distortion: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2847
Music corruption: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3561
Fixed distortion ending, was some debug thing i was doing and forgot to delete.

39 comments

Cart #civilian_bailout-0 | 2019-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

LD44: Civilian Bailout

As a government worker you live by the dollar. more specifically, you live to blindy give that dollar to any person who falls out of the sky! Match the color of the funds to the color of the civilians clothing while balancing your usage of the 3 different types of funds to succeed. Giving money from one fund will replenish the others, just don't let anybody wait too long or you'll loose funding everywhere!

Press ❎ and 🅾 to cycle through your funds, good luck!

Here's the Ludum Dare page https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/44/civilian-bailout

2 comments

Cart #symmetry-0 | 2019-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this in ~3 hours for Nordic Game Jam 2019!
The theme was "that again", so I just went with symmetry and made a screensaver.
And here it is now, enjoy!

Trasevol_Dog

1 comment

Cart #currency-8 | 2019-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use the arrow keys to sail. Blue star is you.

4 comments

Cart #they_are_so_pretty-0 | 2019-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

for ludum dare 44
buy and sell them
admire them
they are so pretty

5 comments

Cart #jitanuzoja-5 | 2019-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi,

I had fun trying PICO-8 v0.1.12, and coded this simple starfield (nothing new or fancy there).

The code is also here, it uses the new #include instruction:

Cheers!
Sébastien.

1 comment

Cart #gettheskull-0 | 2019-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Get The Skull!

Get The Skull! is a pico8 game made with love by a composer / sound designer trying to learn how to code and make art.

In Get The Skull! you are a skeleton that has to get as many skulls as possible while avoiding traps like fire, spears and ghosts! And, if you have a friend to play with you, you can both play together to see who get more skulls!

Features:

• Simple but fun gameplay.

• Procedurally generated dungeons.

• Single-player mode and loca-multiplayer mode.

• CRT shade for web.

• I guess music and sound are okay though.

Controls:

1 player movement: Keyboard arrows

2 player movement: S/E/F/D

Any feedback is so much welcomed!

Peace <3

1 comment

Cart #brawl-0 | 2019-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A fast paced 2-player brawler game where you just have to hit your opponent once in 50+ stages!

6 comments

I haven't released a cart since I last released a cart. Let's change that, shall we?

Cart #fiporadozi-0 | 2019-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This time, it's a curiosity. I wanted to make a custom font, and so I did. The routines for rendering it do not require the use of the spritesheet (though the glyphs are all in there, for my own benefit while creating this cart).

I've set this up as a demoscene-like or cracktro-like scroller, demonstrating the different glyphs of this font. It's based on the font on the cover of Panic! at the Disco's album "Pray for the Wicked". I hope to use this font (and this song!) in a P!ATD-related demo cart.

In the meantime, you should try out this font somewhere! Tab 2 in the code gives all the details on using it ;) .

1 comment

Cart #px9-9 | 2022-04-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PX9 is a lightweight gfx & map compression library, intended to replace PX8. It uses the same ideas and interface as px8, but is smaller (297 292 274 262 258 254 234 tokens to decompress), and requires zero configuration.

To compress some data:

px9_comp(x,y,w,h, dest_addr, vget)

returns the number of bytes written

x,y,w,h is the source rectangle (e.g. on the spritesheet or map)
dest_addr is where to write it in memory
vget is a function for reading values (e.g. sget when compressing from spritesheet)

To decompress it again:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

61 comments

Cart #yeperewifo-3 | 2019-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PANG

Burst the bubbles!

Gameplay updated. I followed Jusiv's ideas I added increasing difficulty and the score is reset when you lose all hearts.

2 comments

Cart #thekeys-0 | 2019-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made as both a personal tool, and for the AP Computer Science Principles Create Task.

Arrow keys to cycle through the keys, the rest of the controls are pretty self-explanatory.

0 comments

Cart #canukeepup-0 | 2019-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #bugorajeka-0 | 2019-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #jegororama-0 | 2019-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #humdribu-1 | 2019-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I followed along with @rabidgremlin 's excellent tutorial to make a Tron clone. The tutorial was for a two-player version, so I thought it would be a cool challenge to make it into a single player-only game, hence the "Lonely" in the title.

One other addition is the ability to select the arena size before starting. Smaller arenas are generally harder, as the AI is tougher to outlast given the smaller area.

Instructions
You are the blue line.
The CPU is the orange line.
Move around the arena without bumping into anything, and outlast the CPU to win.

Menu Controls
U/D to move between menu options

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #shadowsofdunwich-4 | 2019-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

MAJOR UPDATE
With this update the game now progresses across multiple battles, soldiers can level up and have a talent tree, and 2 new enemy types have been added.

The game has 16 levels, and you need to beat level 16 to win. However, levels don't progress 1 at a time, the level you are assigned is based on the combined level of all your soldiers. If a soldier survives a battle they will gain a level and be granted 1 skill point. So if all soldiers survive level 1 you will progress to level 4, if they all survive level 4 you will progress to level 7 etc.. So it's possible to do a perfect run and win the game by playing only 6 battles.

If a player doesn't survive they will be replaced with a new recruit. As you progress through the levels new recruits will start with more skill points so if you lose any soldiers or have a full wipe you won't be set back too far (and you can respec your soldiers).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

17 comments

Cart #smearena-0 | 2019-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

first revision of a lil tank game I've been working on.

Z - fire
X - swap between move / fire modes
left/right - rotate cannon
up/down - move forward or backward relative to cannon when 'move mode' is enabled

the goal is simply to get a high score! powerups are trishot + laser sight, which spawn randomly upon enemy death.

still revising aesthetic design, which may be too cluttered / visually hard to focus on i think.

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->