BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

I've noticed some inconsistent behavior when using FLR and when doing floating point math in general:

In particular:

• (9/10)x10 returns 9, but FLR((9/10)*10) returns 8.
  • (8/10)*10 returns 7.9999. I suspect this bug is related to the FLR bug, as FLR(7.9999) correctly returns 7.

I suspect the problem is not related to string conversion / PRINT, as I was seeing these issues in other contexts as well.

Apologies if this has been reported before, I searched and didn't find it, but I'm new to Pico-8 so might not know where to look...

Thanks,
Eric

2 comments

Cart #woperuyeho-9 | 2020-11-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is not another Space Invaders's clone but a twist!

You shoot clownvaders with cream pie...

they get hit by the pie in their faces and shoot blindly their ownn creampie in
a random direction.

If Clownvader's cream pie hit another clownvader you get +10 points and so on
this can be a fun chain reaction bonus!

Random clownvaders's shields are placed in. Shoot them 3 times and they fall down on you
and avoid them.

Enjoy!

2019-04-21 update: add demo gameplay in the attrack mode. (ARCADE!) :D

update 10-08-2019 improved demo gameplay in attract mode. Thanks to the if time()%1 timed random moves.
update 28-12-2019 fixed random moved on clownvader's pie.

6 comments

Hello, PICO-8 community! I have just recently made an account and have made a few comments, and I wanted to say hello, as a (relatively) new user. I also might be (or have been) seen playing other games as "TheTepigMaster," "TheTepigMaster456," "TepigMaster," "Thomulous Weaver," "TheTepigMaster21," and "Damian Naimad." I love the engine and all the absolutely AMAZING work people have put into these games. I hope to someday, when I get a bit older, (And/or get my own bank account...) to get a copy of PICO-8 and/or Voxatron. Also, I hope you have a good weekend! I was going to use the Good Friday pun, but it's 12:07, and I should sleep. So, hi and bye, and let's all experience the creativity of others together!

0 comments

Cart #catjack-0 | 2019-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

CatJack! The one and only black cat blackjack game. (Concept art.) I may or may not try and learn how to properly code this. If anybody would like to collaborate on this, I'm all in.

0 comments

Cart #sedapusiso-0 | 2019-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple particle simulation with three types of systems and a burst mechanic

2 comments

Just got new update, I like the blue editor, but not the decreased sound quality (compared to old version). Is there any way to change it?

0 comments

Cart #wutewibet-0 | 2019-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey, everyone! Here is my first game ever. I hope you enjoy!

0 comments

Bellevue University
CIS102-Week 6 Midterm
Greyson Arens

Cart #hejimrad-0 | 2019-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Browser: Chromium

The little pause/play button on the BBS player will pause and play the cart if you click it, but if you press the "enter" key on the dialogue to either continue or reset the cart, the pause/play button doesn't change (it should go back to the pause icon, but it remains as the play icon).

Here is a lil' cart to test it out real quick:

Cart #50783 | 2018-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Operating System: Arch Linux.

In "config.txt" if

root_path ./

is set, then whenever you try to "cd" within PICO-8, you get a

cd failed

error message. But if you change the root path to something other than "./", then PICO-8 works fine. It even works fine if you replace the "./" with a "../", which is a bit silly :D. It also works if you delete the "root_path" line.

Here is what the error message looks like:

:D.

EDIT: Ok, cd also doesn't work when you use the "-root_path ./" command-line parameter, but I guess that should have been common sense I guess.

5 comments

On Linux, pressing Windows+R draws garbage on the screen and seems to run the cart twice at once. I haven't observed anything more serious resulting from this so far.

0 comments

Cart #fizosinufi-2 | 2019-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #wipemofeni-1 | 2019-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game was created as part of a class where we learned about game programming. Though basic, it does illustrate several useful functions that assisted me in learning the concepts throughout. Yes, the game is quick and simple; but it's working and taught me a lot!

Gameplay:
Control the mouse to avoid the cat and get the cheese! If you die, you'll start over.

1 comment

Cart #wuwufozunu-0 | 2019-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Previous Version: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=31728

What's New

-Player Moves Slower on Stairs.
-Player Sprite Darkens when in Shadows.
-Bridge that can be walked Under and Over.
-An Arrow above the player to distinguish Direction.
-Map has been fleshed out further.

What's to do

-Finish the Map
-Make Sprites for when walking upwards.
-Make actual the actual Game element, a Collectathon.
-Title Screen.
-Audio.

Overall, I've made a load of progress on this recently. Considering how little coding skill and knowledge I have, I'm amazed that this works as well as it does. (Must admit I'm fairly proud of the Bridge) The Arrow was added after the inability to distinguish direction was pointed out by someone in a previous upload I did. As for the Game element, I plan to have collectable items scattered across the map, however they will be in different places each time to make it less predictable. Current, these positions are marked by the Map Pin, however in the final version they'll be items of some kind. Once again, I'd love to hear any criticism and advice you have! Till the next update!

0 comments

Surrealist Garden

Cart #dubonekemi-0 | 2019-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is a quick little experiment whipped up in about two hours. It's janky and the code is bad (I got lazy) but even though it didn't turn out like I wanted, I think it's still pretty fun to look at. Enjoy!

1 comment

As a fun side-project, I created pico-build. With it, you can build multiple lua files into a single PICO-8 cart. Here's a demo gif showing the usage:

demo gif

There are a bunch of other great tools that do similar things. You should check them out too: p8, picotool, picobu.

The main things that pico-build does differently from the other tools that I've seen are:

• Formats the separate lua files as tabs within the PICO-8 editor
  • Launch/reload cart in PICO-8 and log printh() output in the terminal

I'm using it now for my own projects. If you try it out, let me know how it goes!

2 comments

Cart #dungeon_numenas-0 | 2019-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this game a while ago (it was published on itch.io on the 7th of January 2019), but at the time didn't know about uploading carts to this page, and I have finally taken the time to do it.

You can find it in itch.io here.

Controls:

Use the right arrow key to move right and the left arrow key to move left.

Jump with C or Z.

Enable/disable the timer using X (you can only perform this action while in the titlescreen).

8 comments

Cart #celestex-0 | 2019-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Crossover of Mega Man X + Celeste Classic :)

Controls

Arrows - Move
Left Shift - Dash
Z, C, or N - Jump
X, V, or M - Shoot

17 comments

Cart #fortattack-0 | 2019-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! Making a game for my midterm and I liked how this one is coming out.

--hit the bricks to uncover the game logo
--no win screen, but there is a loser screen
--keep the cannonballs coming!

Golden Barrel Cacti designed by Sophie, age 9 (sister)

Cliffs of Dirt designed by Jamison, age 5 (brother)

Enjoy! (or not, it's a free country)

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->