BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #sugarknight-0 | 2019-04-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #wagonswimming-0 | 2019-04-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #chromepants-0 | 2019-04-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Here I go again with this kinda classic 80's arcade Donkey Kong's style twist.

you play Denis,
you can't jump,
but you can throw hammers to kill shop guys enemys
you get bonus +50 pts when you collect minimum of 4 table legs, 4 screws and 1 table top.

Enjoy! :-)

Cart #suhihabawi-4 | 2020-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Hello Lexaloffle community!
This is my first post since i always only look here for new cartridge.

So, i have a pocket chip and i discover pico-8 console on that handheld computer and i fall in love.

The only problems of p.chip is that isn't really portable and you can't play well on it's keyboard.
So i'm in search of a console that can play it.

I'm probably going to made a gameboy pocket zero for that purpose but, while i'm surfing on youtube, i found a really interesting handheld.

It's linux based and that's the specs:

Screen: 2.6 inch 320 x 240 (4 : 3)
CPU: JZ4760B MIPS - 528Mhz up to 740Mhz
RAM: 128M DDR2
Internal Memory: 16G
Battery: BL-5C 1000mAh Lithium
Port: TV Out/Headphone Jack, Micro USB

It's look like the diginux cfw from dingoo console if you remember it.

Btw, do you think it's possible a port of pico-8 on this handheld? Let me know what you guys think about that!

3 comments

Cart #zhopper-0 | 2019-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A cute mini-feature with my own music, art, plot, etc.
Always in favour of naive, amateur art and programming; click play if you agree, it's all automatic.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments

Cart #gravdog-0 | 2019-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for CCAW jam. (https://itch.io/jam/ccaw-jam)

Get dog into the doghouse by moving planets and blasting jetpacks.

Definitely my biggest pico-8 game yet. Time to learn how to use metatables...

3 comments

Cart #ix_bees-1 | 2019-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Menu: Z to start game.

Game: UP/DOWN to adjust nectar quota (how much nectar a bee will collect before returning to the hive)
Z (when the 'add bee' icon is visible) to add a bee at a cost of 10 nectar

Game over: Z to restart.

Mechanics

Bees visit flowers for nectar (but they can only find flowers within a certain radius, so they explore if they don't find one right away). Bees collect nectar until they have enough for the quota, then they bring it back to the hive. As the hive accumulates nectar it can produce more bees. Bees have limited lives, but every time a bee dies, a new flower is born somewhere in the garden. Every visit of a bee to a flower adds pollen to the flower, which helps the flower produce more nectar. You can adjust how much the nectar quota is, balancing between bees being away longer (more likely to die without returning their nectar) and bees spending too much time on journeys to the hive (not using time efficiently). You can also add new bees once there is ten or more nectar in the hive.

The game is over when the last bee has died and there is not enough nectar left to add a new one.

(I am not trying for realism in any way with this game!!!)

Commentary

I started with just bees, and they would look around for flowers. Writing rules for entities and seeing how they work is great fun. This game was a slow burn but a great experience. I was flexing my systems design brain gently throughout the month, trying to ride the line between 'there's nothing to do here' and 'this game is asking too much of me'. I think it came out pretty well in that sense. The only interaction from the player (if they even want to interact) is to adjust the nectar quota and get the bees coming back more/less often, or add new bees.

itch.io page: here.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #transflaganimation-1 | 2019-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made this little flag animation for trans day of visibility, and I quite like it :)

Also here's a reminder to everyone trans:
You are wonderful and amazing and I hope you have an excellent day!

5 comments

Cart #gfx_import_example-0 | 2019-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For my game, Witch n Wiz (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=38117#p), I implemented as simple technique for loading a secondary spritesheet at runtime. This allowed me to have a fullscreen title graphic, but not use up any of the sprite sheet memory (needed for game sprites and map data).

The cart at the top of this post is an ultra simple example of it in use. As you can see, you are able to switch between 2 sprite sheets that would each normally take up the entire sprite memory.

Credit for the num2hex function goes to felice (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=30910)

Limitations:

You can still only have 128x128 worth of sprites in memory at a time. So this is really best for things like the title screen, or major switches in gameplay (say switching worlds where you don't need any of the original sprites anymore).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #bugcollect-0 | 2019-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

BUG COLLECT
Move around to collect bug specimens that add up to the correct number in the upper right corner of the screen.
How many collections can you make in 1 minute?

Arrow keys - move
X - reset bugs
Z - start the game

Oh, and don't step on the eggs!

My entry to the 17-in-1 jam.

Follow me on twitter @brintown

3 comments

Cart #b_radius-0 | 2019-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Simple side-scrolling shooter with three waves of enemies.
Try to best your high-score.
Sine balls must be destroyed at top or bottom of arc.

Big_B_Radical

0 comments

z - generate new frames
x - start/stop animation
left/right - change between different lsystems
up/down - regenerate all frames/ regenerate system (for stochastic systems)

System handles a variety of lsystems and also generates new frames to interpolate between on
the fly using coroutines.

Big_B_Radical

Cart #lsystem2-0 | 2019-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #enportal01-0 | 2019-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first pico cart. I hope you like it. It only has a few levels, and the collision mechanics might be a bit wonky at times.

PicoPort is a Portal demake. Where you solve platforming puzzles by using portals, which teleport you from one point to another.

I might add more levels and more gameplay elements to the game.

Controls:
-Arrows to move around
-Hold x or z to start aiming
-Arrows to aim
-Release x or z to shoot

-X for the pink portal
-Z for the blue portal

6 comments

Cart #fiwayemeso-0 | 2019-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hey y'all :) I'm currently working on a game where you look through various objects cluttering up your space & scrub them out of existence if you don't want them. Objects are placed onto the screen, one at a time, for you to observe & erase. The screenshots here show a rough draft of the mechanic--the brush goes to the right side of the screen, having come over from the left & "cleaned" a line through the box.

I've gotten a functional brush up & running (thanks to carts like shodo for reference!), but I want the game to be able to check if the object has been "erased" or not, aka if the object has been completely covered up by the brush drawing over it.

Because the background will be black, and the object is being drawn over in black, I'm thinking something that checks to see if the screen data equals 0 might work. I'm not really sure if that's how I should be approaching it, or even how to format it properly. There's also the fact that the brush will still be on the screen after erasing the object, so I don't know if there's a way to check for screen data while it's there, or if I also need to make sure that disappears too.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #rainiversary-0 | 2019-03-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A small PICO-8 tribiute to one of the most unique and unforgettable gaming experiences out there.

0 comments

Cart #buziwosayu-0 | 2019-03-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello again.

I started this thing almost a year ago as a passion project when I was out of work. It is full of clever things. I was so proud about all the clever things. It has parallax background scrolling. It stores a bunch of game data RLE-encoded in the spritesheet and as garbage strings in the code. It's doing all this hot-swapping of sprites into the spritesheet as the game needs them.

I haven't worked on it in like 6 months and I don't think I will again, so here it is! You can collect these marshmallowy looking stars and run around in the first "level", which is more like a bunch of test platforms just seeing what could be accomplished. There was supposed to be a cutscene at the start and the sprites still exist in the code for that, but in this version you just get dumped right into the level.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Cart #yipipanumu-0 | 2019-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm sort of at a loss right now on trying to get my snake to not be so wiggly when it's drawn. You can see the red head of the snake is fine...and nice clean draw no matter which way it's heading.

Press Z to add a segment and you'll see that each following segment is very wiggly when its draw, not clean at all...and I don't know why.

I don't know if it's just the way it's gonna be or if I'm drawing things wrong or just doing my calculations wrong for where segments are positioned. Or a little bit of everything wrong.

Any help, insight or suggestions are appreciated.

3 comments

Cart #picovisualizer-9 | 2022-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WARNING: Depending on what you watch and listen to with this visualizer, the bars can produce flickering effects on your screen, which may be a problem for those diagnosed with epilepsy. Better use with caution.

About

This is a heavily-modded variant of Music Visualizer Bars by iaoth. Thanks to him for his visualizer code base!

I can load() this cart. Is there anything special about doing that?

Yes! By a cart passing a load parameter string to PicoVisualizer, that cart can serve as a custom menu that allows users to view the visualization of any of its tracks, but has the cost of depending on an internet connection.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

17 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->