0 comments

standard version (export from 0.1.11g):
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/files/13845/crt_template.zip

unzip crt.html to {application data}/pico-8/plates
then
EXPORT GAME.HTML -P CRT

alternate version (see here):
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/files/13845/ubcrt_template.zip

Feel free to use & modify, no attribution required.

Have fun!

32 comments

Cart #zombieeradication-0 | 2019-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Press X to use the axe
Press C to use the fireball

Try to get through as many floors of zombies as possible!

1 comment

Cart #techno_utopian_edict-1 | 2019-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Demo for the demo competition at the Instanssi 2019 demoparty, held in Jyväskylä, Finland in march 2019. Won first place.

Again, it might run correctly in a browser but there might also be some sync issues (specifically in Chrome, in my experience). The cart runs just fine in PICO-8 itself, of course.

UPDATE: Now fixed for 0.1.12! Which means it won't run correctly in older versions anymore, since it depends on time() for sync.

25 comments

Cart #ghost2_0_1-3 | 2019-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

just a test I'm doing with classes and npcs

trying to make a game where anything can be turned into a player because they perform tasks by accepting a button array as input from their "ai"

0 comments

Cart #bullrush-2 | 2019-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #flopger-0 | 2019-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Flappy Bird meets Frogger.

I made this tiny game for elneil's PICOZONE 17-in-1 project: https://elneil.itch.io/picozone.

1 comment

How do you post to Itch.io and be able to play in-browser? I'm aware that you can export carts as more than just .p8.png, which is what I've been doing, but I've been unsuccessful uploading .html and .js to itch.io allowing for play in-browser. I know this is possible since others have been able to do this, even before those features were introduced. I can't find any documentation on how though. Does anyone know how?

2 comments

Cart #tazamohebo-0 | 2019-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #cyclesv01-0 | 2019-03-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Press left arrow to match colors

0 comments

This is a fun bug, but not exactly a big deal. I'm not sure if it has been reported before.

If you delete any amount of text at the end of a cartridge, you can retrieve it by pressing the DELETE key while your cursor is at the end of the file (as long as the buffer is not empty).

Simplest way to reproduce: Write something in the PICO-8 code editor, and then delete everything. Write something (one character will do) and then press DELETE. Voila!

0 comments

Cart #pazahsogi-1 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #wagamama-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Work in progress...Need to fix the ending....

0 comments

Cart #onehourthirteenminutepuzzle-1 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made in one hour (and thirteen minutes). Only 77 lines, too.

0 comments

Cart #tufonekuja-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #badapple_sound-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was originally supposed to be an engine for animating a splash screen with as little cartridge storage as possible. As it turns out, it's not too difficult to make a good-looking smooth animation, as long as it's not too long. However, the music video for "Bad Apple" is not not too long.

In order to fit the entire animation, I had to render it at 3.75 FPS, and make it 16*16 pixels...but hey, it fits on a PICO-8 cartridge, so why not?

If any of you are interested in the splash-screen engine, I can fine-tune and release that here.

5 comments

Cart #yekuwihope-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here are the final results of my juicing and upgrading of the game! I might come back to this in a few months and redesign it again, but am unsure at this point.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->