BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #mb_ggj2019-1 | 2019-01-29 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small exploration game about a little being who has crash landed on a planet and needs to find how to get home. You find some waystones that look promising. If you could only find a way to activate them, maybe they'd help....

(Please know that this is game jam code, which means it's horrendous.)

EDIT: Added the insides of trees so they look cool when they clip off the edge of the screen, and also a label image.

0 comments

Cart #maz8-0 | 2019-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1.01: bug fixed.

4 comments

Cart #terry_the_turtle-0 | 2019-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Terry the Turtle carries his house on his back, but what makes a house a home? Can Terry help all the lost animals?

This game is entirely controlled using the left, right and down arrow keys.

This game is a submission to Global Game Jam 2019.
Here is the game's jam page: https://globalgamejam.org/2019/games/terry-turtles-big-adventure

The Global Game Jam logo was created by @MBoffin on Twitter.

5 comments

This game is a play on the suddenly popular Dota 2 mod "Auto Chess". Instead of a chess board with entirely different mechanics, this uses a Go board. On each turn, the player gets a choice of 1 of 3 pieces randomly selected. Once placed, the opponent places a piece and the pieces all fight each other (by shooting projectiles). When a projectile hits an enemy, it damages the enemy player, which you can see by the red and green heart bars which match the pieces on the board in color.

Cart #autogo_ggj19-0 | 2019-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

There are 4 different pieces, each of which can be rotated in the 4 cardinal directions. An attack will be launched in the direction the piece points for each turn it remains on the board. When a piece takes 1 heart worth of damage or more in a turn, it is removed from the board.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Hey, everyone! Here's some RPG tiles for your project. It includes some sprites, too.

You can copy the image data by clicking the 128x32 link text.

Screenshots:

image data [TAB 1]
[0x0]

image data [TAB 2]
[0x0]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #celeste_1_5-1 | 2019-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A mod of Celeste Classic I made to add new movement tech to the game.

Standalones on itch here. Also includes practice mod.

16 comments

Hi, everybody! I'm a new user to this Pico-8 thing but I'm already a big fan of it. I'm having a lot of fun designing things, so here you go~ I may post more tilesets in the future.

Cart #wguhogib-0 | 2019-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

DL the cart to use the tiles

Alternatively, you can copy the tile data directly. click 128x32 next to the image to copy the data
[0x0]

0 comments

i am creating some sort of wolfenstein top down testing level. i made a control where it plays a sound that is supposed to be you firing your pistol but i dont want it to constantly play so i need to know how to make a sound delay script if you can tell me i would appreciate it!

5 comments

Cart #wavefndisp-0 | 2019-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a quick little wave function display cart, it's fun to mess around with some math!

0 comments

@zep for some reason vox 3.5 and 3.5b when installed don't appear to have a ico file see image of
the voxatron 3.5b shortcut from my desktop.

Thank you :)

1 comment

Cart #puzozbuso-0 | 2019-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a quick version of snake that used tables for most of the code. I will be doing a YouTube video on tables pretty soon and this code will be useful for anyone following it.

2 comments

This is a mod I made of the original Celeste where the goal is to go down the mountain instead of up.

Cart #celestedownhill-1 | 2019-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

i just redownloaded voxatron after hearing about the latest update, but now i get this error message logged to the console on startup:

vox: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by vox)

it seems like it's asking me to update a core system file, but my packages are up to date and for unrelated reasons it's impractical for me to change os or os version. i'm using linux mint 18.

is there anything else that can be done?

1 comment

Cart #siriusblack-0 | 2019-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #domobiwonu-0 | 2019-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm a big fan of Seth Macfarlane's The Orville so I decided to make a retro-style space shooter loosely based on the show. Thanks to PICO-8 for a great development environment :)

You pilot The Orville to fight one Krill ship after another, each one shooting faster at you than the one before. X or Z to fire, up and down to move your ship. Try to see how many levels you can make it through.

Note: This is very much a fan made game. I don't own the rights to The Orville which is why I have the "purchase" set to none at all. I just want to share a game I made and that I've also had fun playing. Hope you all enjoy it as well. :)

Also on itch: https://howtophil.itch.io/the-orville-arcade-game

0 comments

Cart #kozugujepe-0 | 2019-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Done!

0 comments

Cart #oldsite-3 | 2019-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mod of Celeste Classic, using ideas from the chapter "Old Site" of the full release of Celeste Classic. Mainly, this mod adds dream blocks, tokens, and badeline.

The music was made using a Resurrections Remix made by @RubyRed.

You can also find it in itch.io: Old Site

Controls

Jump with C, Z, or N.

Dash with X, V, or M.

Enable or disable screenshake with E (enabled by default).

30 comments

Cart #shysaursoft_wavewalker-0 | 2019-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

a tiny game about a relaxing walk on the beach
collect shells to listen to the ocean
watch out for the tiger and the crab!

2 comments

Cart #dykiestreet_bornearcade-2 | 2019-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #giopacbeta0-0 | 2019-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WIP pacman clone.

Focuses heavily on accurate ghost AI.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->