BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #adewwwy-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My LD56 Compo entry—nurture your tiny creatures! Gather fish and deliver them to groups of hungry baby penguins.

Fish must be within the drop-zone (the region surrounding a group of baby penguins) upon dropping. Delivering multiple fish in one go yields combo bonuses, and there's no penalty for delivering more fish than requested (given it fits in the drop-zone).

Spikes periodically emerge from beneath the ice due to climate change or something, and (dangerous) baby seals occasionally roam. Mis-dropped, uneaten fish will spoil and create additional hazards. Health is lost upon touching a hazard, or when failing to feed a group of baby penguins (because heartbreak). Touching a hazard also automatically mis-drops your held fish.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #exoplorer-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #watch_timer-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #jarlife-1 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Z/C to jump
X to bunch up / hoist / throw

Save 4 creatures in each room to progress to the next level (not everyone needs to make it out alive!). Grab a key to open the door, but the player can not enter until 4 creatures have passed through. To restart at any time, press ENTER and choose "restart level".

Made for Ludum Dare 56. You can find the jam page (and play the compo version) here: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/56/jar-life

Changes

jarlife-0: ldjam compo version

jarlife-1: added 'x to retry' when there are no longer any creatures left to save, but less than 4 have exited and the player is still alive.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #tiny_mushy_froggies-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made for Ludum Dare 56

0 comments

Hey 👋

It's my first game made for Pico8 and first that complex game ever. I'm still learning and understanding how it's work. Game is far away from finish. I wanted to share current results to hear from you guys what are thinking about it.

Farm2137 (working title probably) is farming game placed in space. It's containing typical stuff like planting and harvesting crops. Crafting system is currently letting us to make seeds from harvested crops. Probably more stuff will come later.

What game have already?
-Working growing system(timing needs adjustment)
-Menu for selecting tool, accessing pockets
-Storage system
-Day cycle stuff(some work needs to be done)
-Market system(New offer everyday with variable prices, currently we are getting items instant what will change later).
-Saving game
-Crafting system(just seeds)

Small manual:

In-game:
D-pan - movment
O - using a tool
X - hotbar(tools,inventory)

In hotbar:
up/down - change between tools and two pockets

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hm118_carrotpatch-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It’s harvest time!

Play as Patch the Rabbit as he tries to collect as many carrots as possible without getting squashed by the farmer’s tractor.

Instructions:

Use the arrow keys to move. Collect red and purple carrots. Avoid grey carrots as these will make Patch ill and mess up your controls for a short time. Avoid being squished by the tractor. Get the highest score possible!

Made in ~12 hours for the Ludum Dare 56 Compo

0 comments

Cart #picopanda-1 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Panda

The Adventures of Pico Panda is my 2nd "completed" project(it's still missing some sfx, music, and polishing.) It's a small adventure game inspired by my wife. She wanted a game that lets you plays as a panda who eats bamboo and rolls. So, I had my own little mini game jam lol. I hope you all enjoy, and as always, any advice is welcome.

Game Overview

The Adventures of Pico Panda is a turn-based adventure game. Each movement the player makes increases the amount of hunger accrued(a little for walking, more for rolling) and takes one turn. Any enemies onscreen will move one tile per player turn. Eat to restore your strength, solve puzzles, and set out to save your true love.

Story

While enjoying a lovely picnic of the best bamboo, Pico Panda and his true love, Amanda Panda are suddenly surrounded by nefarious poachers. After a heroic struggle, Pico wakes up with a splitting headache to find Amanda is gone! With steely determination, he sets out to rescue her before it's too late.

Keyboard Controls

Movement - Arrow keys move up, down, left, and right
Rolling - Press X to roll into enemies and some obstacles (if you're not too hungry)
Wait - Press Z to wait one turn, allowing enemies to move while you do not

HUD

Pico Panda's health is represented by his heart icon. As he takes damage, his despair at saving Amanda grows and his heart breaks. Pico can take 3 points of damage before it's game over.

Optimistic
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #doom_like_start-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #rndpong1-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WARNING!

random like blinking colors

0 comments

Cart #salamancer_02-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #tamapicotchi-3 | 2024-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[32x8]

(Work In Progress) This game still has many bugs, and they will be fixed over time.

About the game

Welcome to Tamapicotchi, a charming virtual pet game where your care and attention shape the evolution of your digital companion. Feed, clean, and nurture your pet as you unlock new characters and discover unique surprises along the way. Stay tuned for updates as the game continues to improve!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #paddix-5 | 2024-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a port of my windows adaptation of the classic "paper and pen" game Paddocks or Boxes as some know it by.

The Paddix main menu

The Paddix main board

How to play:

Paddix is a 2-player game, each player takes turns building fences between the posts in the main paddock, once all four sides of a smaller paddock have been built, the paddock is claimed by the player that placed the fourth fence and a point is awarded.

Once all the paddocks have been claimed, the game is over with the player that has the most points as the winner.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #bunchalilguys-1 | 2024-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Experimenting w/ particle-based characters.
-arrow keys to move the camera
-hold x to spawn some lil guys (careful though, this will lag with too many entities)
-press o to spectate a random lil guy
-change the background color or list the entity-count from the pause menu

1 comment

This is a basic vertical shooter, but if you miss or get hit by an enemy you loose a heart.
If you loose all of your hearts, the game ends.
The game will also end if an enemy manages to get past you.

Cart #dorp-5 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Hi there! Echoes from the Shield is my post apocalyptic fiction and electronic music project (you can find it on YouTube or IG). I'm also passionate about pixel art and videogames, so I kinda wanted to try making a sort of spin off of the project here on Pico 8. Here are my first step with something suuuper basic, it's the first code of my life, put together to make this silly endless runner.
Funny enough there is no music atm. Will handle this in a second moment.
Cheers!

first update, I added music :) it was so fun and fast to get along with the pico8 tracker since I'm really used to LSDJ, LGPT and the M8, which all share similar workflow.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #batout-0 | 2024-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

🎮 Introducing "Batout" – A PICO-8 Arcade Game 🎮
Hello PICO-8 Community!

I'm excited to present to you my very first PICO-8 game, "Batout." I developed this game with the assistance of ChatGPT-o1, providing English-language instructions for it to update the entire code base (a single text file) with each new iteration. I didn't write a single line of code myself, and I'm eager to share this novel creation with the community for your feedback and enjoyment.

✨ Game Overview ✨
"Batout" is a fast-paced arcade-style game where players use their mouse or trackball to control a paddle that bounces a ball, destroys bricks, and fends off pesky bats that introduce unexpected challenges. Navigate through multiple levels, accumulate points, and strive for high scores while avoiding falling bombs dropped by the bats!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

There are 8 sound effects (â„–0-â„–7) that can be interpreted either as a custom instrument or a custom waveform. Where in memory does a pico-8 cart store information about what sfx is in waveform-mode? Im guessing there's a byte somewhere in memory with each of its bits corresponding to each SFX mode. The question is - what's the address?

1 comment

Introducing "Finally Remembering to Vacuum Under the Couch Cushions After 2 Years"!

Do you have what it takes to clean under the couch cushions? Should you even clean under the couch cushions? Only you can decide...

Controls:

• press X to suck
  • you can probably guess what the arrow keys do

Thanks for checking out my first Pico-8 project.

Cheers!

11 comments

So, I just finished a brain f*** port in picotron, But I thought it would be cool to:

A: have a P-8 port.
B: get recognition by posting on both forums.

Note that for now, I just need like, a copy that fits the limitations of P-8

And eventually poth ports will have these https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=154970#p features, but for noow, Can i please have some help?

a-k Normal stuff.
Delete lives up to its name.
R runs the program.

However: a few new features:

*This will be changed later.

"." Only prints numbers,
"," Uses PICO-8 Stile input,
There are only 8 memory cells.

Finally:
{ and } (M&N respectively) work like [ And ], but only when the cell is != 0

Here's My Masterpiece:

Cart #taropakaye-0 | 2024-10-03 | Embed ▽ | No License