BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #zendefrag-3 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

ZENDEFRAG is a little early PC inspired puzzle game. Clear the map by ensuring that all the bit of the files are contiguous, and that the free space is contiguous too.

Release history

2024-10-06 - v0.3 - Fixes to menu
2024-10-02 - v0.2 - Added daily challenge
2024-09-29 - v0.1 - Initial Release

6 comments

PicoUI

PicoUI is a declarative UI framework inspired by Apple's SwiftUI, designed to simplify UI development for Picotron. It provides a reactive state management system and a set of view components for constructing interfaces in a straightforward and maintainable way.

By using PicoUI, you can build complex user interfaces without dealing with the complexities of custom UI code based on raw offsets. PicoUI makes it easier to refactor and modify your codebase by automatically updating the UI when the underlying state changes.

Views

PicoUI provides several view components, each designed for a specific purpose:

TextView

Displays text with a specified color.

Arguments:

• text (string or Observable): The text to display.
  • color (number or Observable): The color of the text (default: 7).

SprView

Displays a sprite image.

Arguments:

• sprite (number or Observable): The index of the sprite to display.

RectView

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

I realised the error!
turns out, I Just needed to swap a thing!
Check DIS Bad boi out!:

Cart #nadikajosa-1 | 2024-09-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

Don't mind the 12 @ the start.

0 comments

So, I know the Category is "Pico-8 Collaboration" but really this spans across Picotron as well.

I'm trying to get all the help I can On a project I'm working on, (See my profile for more info) Where I Make a fantasy console Inside Picotron witch I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.

Since Picotron & pico-8 are pretty much the same (Besides the token defence) I'm hoping I can get all Lexfoddlers to help me on this!

If you do wanna chip in, you can do ANYTHING. Graphics, code, Sound I just need all hands on Deck!

So please.

And thank you.

~Proatwork456

0 comments

Cart #miumiu-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

just a silly silly meme

6 comments

Cart #karehufuwe-0 | 2024-09-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

Remember that Brain fantasy idea I had? well I made a little keyboard 2 go with it.
A-k Prints numbers.

Also PLZ help me on this console! i need to be able to print symbols like "<" on the screen INSIDE THE LIST!
I tried Going with the straght forard approach of:

if(keyp("s")) add(t,".") t.r=1

But then It would'nt print.

Also here's the code:

function _init()

t={1,2}
 t.r=0
 t.x=0
end

function _update()
 Txt()
end

function _draw()

end

function Txt()
 t.r=0
 t.x=0
 --Keys
 if(keyp("a")) add(t,1) t.r=1 -- The problem I need help with. I want to print "<" instead of 1!

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=154987#p)
1 comment

Working on my first shump! :D

Cart #wowufufine-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #poratanata-1 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Ay yo new cart just dropped! the reason i'm posting these in small chunks is because... honestly, I'm not even sure the updated versions are possible! so lemmie know if this is impossible.

19 comments

Hi everyone! I was just chilling the other day when I had the idea to make a BrainF*** Fantasy Console!

IN PICOTRON (Prototyping in p-8 is fine

It works the same as BrainF*** (See https://esolangs.org/wiki/Brainfuck)

Except...

1. { And } work the same as [ and ] except they only jump when the current cell != 0

2. +,-,< And,> can now have a Base-10 byte (0-255) after them indicating how much to add/subtract/etc to the current cell.

3. Speaking of arithmetic, there will be a new symbol called "*" that just sets the current cell to the value after it.

4. "," Will now only output a number 1-6 depending on what PICO-8 Button is pressed. (L=0, R=1, etc)

5. "." Now Is more Complicated!

The number following number meansL

0: A1Z26 (prints in 0,0)
    1: A number!

1. Hexadecimal
      3: A GRID!!!

The grid is as follows:
X,Y
0,0 ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... 3,3

This works like So:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #catupuncture-0 | 2024-09-28 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Btw if you are looking for my yt, put an @ in front of HenPlaysss in the YouTube link.

0 comments

Cart #gg-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first pico-8 game! I made it to give out pre-loaded onto a few Miyoo A30 retro handhelds as a thank you gift at my bachelor party (so some of the ending text is specialized for that context).

I would appreciate any feedback that I can incorporate into my next games. Thank you for checking it out!

How to Play:

• Move with the d-pad.
  • Jump with x (the in-game tutorial says a because that's the label on the Miyoo A30)
  • Grab/throw with o. You need to be on top of the object to grab it.
  • Drop through platforms with down+x.
  • Place an item directly in front of you (without throwing) with down+o.
9 comments

Cart #filename_typewirter_bc-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is the file name input code for writing a .p8l file with printh.

The following characters are excluded from input to make it safe to enter file names:

'\\/:*?"<>|!\'#$%&()+-*^=~`@{}[]<>,.;'

If these characters are included in the file name, an error will occur and I have experienced my edited data being ruined. This is to prevent this from happening.

By the way, there is no reference document for the excluded characters, and it seems that there are more characters that pico8 cannot handle in file names than the host OS.

I have not checked the excluded characters in detail and have set them based on a guess. Has anyone checked all the excluded characters?

0 comments

Title screen of my current project, The Color of Honey, a fast-paced game of action and tactics.

0 comments

With the release of Picotron to the digiverse, I feel as though the general consensus is to upgrade from less to MORE:

More sprites
More data
More map (extra files even!)
More detailed sound/music

But what I want to know is: in your opinion, does Picotron possess a comparable level of features to Pico-8 at this point in time?

Is the jump to Picotron recommended yet?

Thanks.

4 comments

Cart #city_gen-0 | 2024-09-28 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Press [Left arrow] to generate a new city

Little project I started after getting into tables and all the functionality they provide. I'd love to eventually add an "ocean" that reflects the cityscape and distorts it a little.

1 comment

aqui nos comunicaremos para aser el proyecto Here we will communicate to carry out the project.

1 comment

Cart #sokoville-1 | 2024-09-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

SOKOVILLE is a game I have been working on for a few months in Love2D. At its core, it is a sokoban-like puzzle game. You solve puzzles throughout the world, which enable you to help characters in that world.

A simple example is: There is a boy in the town who is missing his dog. You're in the forest and you come across the dog. You need to push blocks to make a way out of the forest, and you also need to push the dog out of the forest and back to its owner.

This Pico-8 version is a demake of sorts, and is way for me to make a proof of concept for the game. It is meant to be a lightweight implementation , whose primary purpose is to get feedback for the main game.

Instructions

Perform all the tasks in the task list.

Controls

Press/Hold arrow keys to move

Press X to cycle items

Press/Hold Z to rewind

Hold Z + X to view tasks

History

1- Updated tasks to set expectations after completing all tasks and ensure player knows what's next. Fixed some wording for NPCs to be more clear. Change 'Save the BBQ' completion condition.

6 comments

Cart #fire_alarm-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Is simply fire alarm sound in PICO-8

0 comments

Cart #dokasuzewi-0 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Credits to @Gabe_8_bit to music fixed by @NazarFloppaLovesP8

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->