BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #tanaguffe-0 | 2024-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A button system for the shmup i'm working on. Has shooty and swordy sound effects but no graphics, so you'll just have to imagine the cool attacks and the enemies and stuff.

Hold O (Z on keyboard) to fire
Press X to swing your sword
Hold X to charge up mega slashes
Hold O and X to swing your sword as fast as possible

There are definitely some kludges in the code, and most of them are there because the alternative is implementing input buffering and I am not ready.

0 comments

Cart #fugowamiza-0 | 2024-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My first pico-8 game! wow!!!!

You are the BURGER BOY. Move around your cramped confines and collect BURGERS to extend your measly and ever-dwindling lifespan. When you inevitably fail and perish due to lack of BURGER, be greeted by a sophisticated and complimentary game over screen that will recount your total BURGER collected. Wow.

This game has it all, including (but not limited to) :
-BURGERS
-An animated BURGER BOY sprite with 2 (two) whole sprites
-a total of THREE "sound" "effects" if you can call them that
-BURGER LORE
-and so much more...

This is my first Pico-8 game, scrambled together after following a handful of tutorials from both SpaceCat and Nerdy Teachers, to whom I highly appreciate for their work. If you aren't impressed, you just don't "get it".

2 comments

After working on this on and off for most of the year, I've finished my first PICO-8 game, Nybble Quest. It's a casual adventure game with a 4-bit aesthetic. It's designed to be cute and easy. Yes, you can die, but you probably won't unless you get cornered somewhere.

Cart #nybble_quest_1-0 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A couple years ago I was working through a top-down adventure tutorial for PICO-8. It was fun, but the 8x8 pixel tiles combined with the map size felt limiting. Early this year, I stumbled across a set of 4x4 pixel adventure game graphics called Micro Venture by an artist that goes by VEXED. That made me want to explore supporting (or rather faking) a map with 4x4 pixel map tiles. And it worked out pretty well, allowing for more map resolution as a trade for less sprite resolution. The source code has a link to that asset pack (and a list of which sprites are from it, thus not open sourced).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #picojanitor-1 | 2024-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico-Janitor

You’re on the rescue! Your darling was kidnapped by some pesky bugs, and it’s your job to save her from her prison!

Goal

Clean the floor and squish bugs in this new arcade game!
With a points mode and a speedrun mode, adjust your tactics to improve your score.

Game modes

• Arcade: Play for the highest score, dashing through the levels before it's too late!
  • Time: Play for the fastest time, adjusting your strategies to maximize movement over combat!
  • Zen: Replay one level over and over, to rework the tactics to use in Arcade or Time mode!

Let me know what you all think!

This is my first PICO-8 game, so I'm new to this community!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Hi!

This is a very simple clone of Arkanoid, that I created to learn to code games in Pico8.
Although I have 15 years of experience in coding, this is my first time programming a video game, which is an area I would like to work professionally.

The game has the basic mechanics for collisions, levels and score. Some SFX but no music yet. I started to work on sprites when I decided to publish this version to gather feedback and ideas from the community.

4 comments

Cart #dokgdama-0 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Blasted Space 1.0

This is my first Pico-8 game that I created following the Lazy Devs Academy's Basic Shmup Tutorial.

Normal Mode

This is a fixed mode with nine waves. Press either button to shoot. Collect pickups to increase your score. Every pickup will be worth 100 points more than the last pickup. If the player takes damage, the pickup counter will reset.

Survival Mode

This mode will randomize enemy placements and the player will only be given one life. After every wave, enemies will become more aggressive. Try to survive as long as you can.

Thank you for playing.

2 comments

Cart #lazia_adventure-0 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

this is an sdventure game about exploring the kingdom of Lazia

1 comment

Cart #kefihasusi-0 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #spin_funky-0 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN to funky town :) Ps, there is also chip and rat but you have to change the animation values

0 comments

Fun little thing I made in about 3-4 hours of my free time. Made using defy audio string library in 8-bit mode.

Same old CJ! Busta! Straight busta!

Cart #gangster-1 | 2024-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #circusk-0 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Hello!

This is my first time posting. I've dabbled with Pico-8 for a couple (ish) years now, but haven't really interacted. Just read, watched, lurked...

I've coded some little experiments and coded along with Nerdy Teachers and Lazy Devs, but this is my first solo project, an attempt at implementing cribbage.

I'm hoping that posting here will get me to engage with other folks who are making stuff for Pico-8 and set a small fire under me so that I'll work on my project more regularly.

Will follow this up later with more details, just want to get this posted so I don't get stuck editing & second guessing.

3 comments

Cart #brutis-0 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #flappybird-0 | 2022-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Was working on this a couple years ago but never finished it and just found it again

0 comments

Cart #same_demake-1 | 2024-08-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is a PICO-8 derivative of Same.

The goal of the game is to set all dots to the same colour. You can change the colour of the dot by moving the selector to the dot you would like to change and pressing either X or Z to change it. However, when a dot is changed, all adjacent dots flip their colour as well.

This is my first game, so it is a bit unpolished. Any feedback is appreciated :)

Changelog

[1.1] - 2024-08-10

Added

• Changelog.
  • "You win!" screen.
  • Persistent statistics (P#152059).
  • Reset statistics button.
  • Reset statistics confirmation screen.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #virus_corrupt-0 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

VIRUS CORRUPT

WARRING is cartridge has loud sounds

BEST EXPERIENCE

On best a PICO-8 app or web https://www.pico-8-edu.com/

CREDITS

Made in PICO-8 uses only poke poke2 poke4 and pal
Code @NazarFloppaLovesP8

0 comments

Cart #piccofroggo_corruption-0 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Im in line 77 add poke4 for make corrupt

0 comments

Cart #into_the_cosmos-1 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first PICO-8 game.

0 comments

Cart #chaotic_dash-0 | 2024-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple topdown shooter game.

Controls:

Arrow keys to move, mouse cursor to aim, Z to shoot and X to sprint in the direction you are holding.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->