BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #cobbsadventure-5 | 2024-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cobb's Adventure

Help Cobb on his adventure to eat as much food as possible!

This is HEAVILY inspired by Adventure Island, a wonderful game series from the mid-80s, although I am most familiar with the Gameboy adaptations in the early 90s.

Features:

• 8 different environments
  • Never play the same game twice! Levels are randomly generated every playthrough
  • Easy to learn, hard to master - once you can beat the game, go for 3 stars on your score or times!

I strongly recommend a gamepad for this game. If you are committed to keyboarding, consider pressing "Enter" to open the menu, and set "AutoRun" to "ON" so that you dont need to hold a key to run.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

I've made Super Mario Maker 2's Snow theme from the Super Mario Bros. game style into PICO-8
Have a listen:

Cart #smbsnow1-1 | 2024-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #gummi-0 | 2024-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #befruited-0 | 2024-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone!

Here's my first PICO-8 project, a fruit-based match 3 game.

• Matches do not have to be in a line; any continuous region of fruits counts
  • Modes with limit on moves, limit on time, without limits, or autoplay
  • Fruits!

Feedback is welcome.

1 comment

Cart #qsortz_bc-0 | 2024-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

QSORTZ() Quick sort by z.

• sorts by reference to z from the argument table.
  • See the code in the cart for the single value type QSORT() where table t is sorted by v.
  • This function consumes 76 Token.
tb={{id='a', z=1}, {id='b', z=2}, {id='c', z=1.5}, {id='d', z=-0.5}}

?'before sort',6
for i,v in pairs(tb) do
	?v.id..':'..v.z
end

qsortz(tb,1,#tb)

?'\nafter sort'
for i,v in pairs(tb) do
	?v.id..':'..v.z
end
--[[
before sort
a:1
b:2
c:1.5
d:-0.5

after sort
d:-0.5
a:1
c:1.5
b:2
]]
0 comments

HELLO GUYS

Im made meme song on PICO-8

Im use PICO-8 midi convertor Denote by @bikibird

SONG LIST

NazarFloppaLovesP8-me
Never gonna give you up
[sfx]

Nyan Cat
[sfx]

Other users
Shooting Star Requested @bsm
[sfx]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #youtooz_floppa_plush_for_free-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #strange_caracal-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Is experiment on pal and rnd im add in function _init and function _update60

Photo of caracal im use Depict and im open file PICO-8 cartridge and paste in gfx

source photo

1 comment

Cart #aaasajjrkljlfgfdsh-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Big Header

Medium Header

Small Header

italics bold

URL Description

Embed:
[**could not embed: 1234] // cartridge id

This is a code snippet within a line

while (true) do
 color(rnd(8)+8)
 print("multi-line code listing")
end

spoiler or large block of text

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #pico8_setup-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Simple PICO-8 setup screen

that use WITH CREDIT

code using in @mattu82 cartridge called Booting

0 comments

Cart #fuwgiwugo-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

it contains the main steps of creation for a warhammer fantasy rp character of the fourth edition which is translated to spanish by Devir (i still don't put the step of the talents because i'm fighting with myself whether to put them in this cartridge or put them in a different one). i wanted to translate it to english and make it equal to the spanish version but i realized that i need the cubicle7 version xd because that one has the data of the roll tables different from the spanish version and i don't want anyone to be confused.
I plan to include the gnome and then try to translate it to english but I want it to be very faithful to the english version.

0 comments

Cart #bubbletowers-1 | 2024-08-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tower Defense Game for Pico-8.
This game is inspired by the old flash games:
Bubble Tanks Tower Defence.

Description

This is not the usual tower defence game you are used to. Sure, you have to build towers to defend against enemy waves and also earn cash by destroying them to update your towers.

What is special here is that we not only can build defence towers to destroy enemies but also to define the path the enemies can take. Where the enemies have different skills like self-healing or flying over towers. In addition, we have various different maps where some may have blockades, are limited in space or have already predefined fixed paths.

Game Play

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #speeko8test-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Im use @bikibird tool called Speeko8
Press ❎ for play
Press 🅾 for stop

1 comment

Cart #matorodufa-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm working on a farming simulator game. In the _init() function it should randomly generate the pattern on the grass tile and then randomly place the grass tile on the map (replacing any empty tiles.) However, a strange bug is occurring where some map tiles are corrupt. Can somebody explain what's going on? Use arrow keys to move around.

2 comments

Cart #highwaymadness091-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #acowsadventure-1 | 2024-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Main Controls: Z - Open Shop/Back | X - Shoot/Confirm | Arrow Keys - Move
Alt Controls: N - Open Shop/Back | M - Shoot/Confirm | ESDF - Move

Welcome to A Cow's Adventure!

This is my first game on Pico-8 and, actually, ever! I made it in 7 days (+ 1 day bug fixing/balancing) and have been learning lua for ~5 days prior so this was a SUPER fun and educational experience!

In this game, traverse different farms as a Cow of your choosing, each class providing different base stats. Shoot your way to victory with careful planning, basic upgrades, and simple vertical movement. Enjoy some great classic arcade vibes thanks to Gruber's Pico-8 Tunes Volume 1 music set! Each Victory rewards you with a unique "Trophy" that will be added to the farm you start in. Each Cow + Difficulty gives a different one, try to collect them all!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #hauler-0 | 2024-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hauler

Welcome to the Zeta Sector in a remote part of the Milky Way. You are a Space Trucker for the Eastwood Mifune Cooperative. Your job is to transport cargo and people from one space station to another. Or deliver a delicious Moloko Shake from a diner to a customer.

Explore a compact sector of the galaxy with planets to scan, jobs to complete, and Easter eggs to discover. Only one thing seems to be missing: Good coffee. Can you solve the mystery of where to get it?

What you can do

• Docking at stations to accept fetch quests.
  • Fuel scoop at stars.
  • Collect salvage or mine resources to sell.
  • Scan planets to document the sector.
  • Use your friendship drive to jump to other systems.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #pizzatowerpicoedition-0 | 2024-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Previews

Dev Notes

You Can Make Mods With This Engine
Just Credit Me

Notes

I Do Not Own Any Of The Characters
So Please Credit Mcpig When Making A Mod

New Features

Wallrunning
High Jump

4 comments

Cart #druid_dash_ppp-0 | 2024-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This game was made for the Pursuing Pixels James Jam Game Gam #3 with theme parallel. Some art (mainly my trees and grass) were taken from the first version: Druid Dash: Magic Mushroom Mania

Shorter than what I wanted, but that is the life of weeklong jams that you develop under 10 hours.

There is a bug that sometimes comes up with spirits not moving, you will have to restart the stage with C x)

Gameplay:

Move spirits around the map and guide them to their shrines. Once they move, they will continue to do so until they hit a wall.

⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️ - Move around

❎: X - Next Stage

🅾️: C or Y/Z - Restart Level
Devlogs:

You can read all about the development if you are into things like that:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #only_three_wizards-0 | 2024-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This game was made for the Minigame A Month May 2024 for theme WIZARDS!
Gameplay:

Move around on the field to avoid the relentless attacks of the mages.

⬅️⬇️⬆️➡️ - Move around on the board.

❎: X - Activates Currently held Item.

🅾️: C or Y/Z - Switch your current color.

Stand on appearing attack spots with the right color to hurt the mage of that color.
Items:

Sands of Time: Freezes time for the world. You are allowed to move, but nothing else.
Chromatic Star: Allowes you to become invulnerable, and hurt any mage while stepping on attack spots.

Wizards:

Each wizards has a unique logic behind their patterns as three distinc phases with them. Figure out who does what an plan ahead!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->