BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #gufofenibo-0 | 2024-06-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

If you complete the game please help me do the survey
https://forms.gle/WJiTcq82tDp13Noa9

1 comment

Cart #anklam-1 | 2024-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Save the duck lamb! Bark at them until they move out of the way.

music: kotten

1 comment

Cart #picotoe-1 | 2024-06-08 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first game in Picotron !!

Hello there :3
I recently got this workstation and wanted to make something with it.
So why not make a little simple game to start with !!

Controls

For now, you can play only with the mouse. But I think I will add some other control in the future.

Feature

It's a little bit basic for now. But if you install it with load #picotoe you will be able to personalize the color of the X and O symbol. (You can find it in the sprite tab)

However, I want to try some botfeature. So don't hesitate to follow and keep in touch with future progress.

Version

v0.2

• Fix forced reload on draw games

v0.1

• Simple integration of the tic-tac-toe game
4 comments

Cart #priestvsdemons-8 | 2024-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

this is my first creation with this software, and my first game in general!

you can move the guy with the left, right, and up buttons!

can you get to 300 points?

update 1.4
6/22/2024

-added a new mode you unlock after beating both normal and hard modes! good luck.

Cart #spootfruitcatch-6 | 2024-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

6 comments

Cart #rgb_transition-0 | 2024-06-07 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple transition, that should be fairly easy to use. All the code is in rgb_transition.lua. Simply call rgb_transition_setup() when starting the transition, and then on each frame, after the game is drawn, call rgb_transition(). It takes one argument: Whether the transition should be fading in or out. True fades out. In this test cart, press X to reverse the transition.

1 comment

Cart #yessirski-1 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #tarohrisi-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #tarohrisi-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

as you can see, its not visible. text is, in fact, not there in general. not sure if its BBS's fault or not, just haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere.

5 comments

Just something I have been working on. I wanted to see if anyone likes the satisfaction, or should I add more?

Cart #lost_in_space-2 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

On the scale from useful to useless, I'm not sure where this falls, but we don't know of any good GUI documentation, so: a while back, we went through the gui.lua file in the /system/lib folder and wrote down every single time we could find that a key was written or read from any table by any function. Here's what we got, with the best guesses we could make on what they do.

internal:

• new = method, creates new gui element with no parent
  • id = incremental counter uniquely identifying each gui element for debugging
  • t0 = time of creation for each element
  • sx = draw position, accounting for justify and stuff
  • sy = ditto
  • clip_to_parent = when clipping drawing to gui element, clips that rectangle to the rectangle of its parent element
  • attach = method, creates new gui element attached to this one
  • child = table of child elements, can easily be iterated through
  • parent = parent element
  • head = top of tree of GUI elements
  • has_keyboard_focus = method, gives element keyboard focus

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

This is my first time publishing something I coded. Feedback would be appreciated.

Cart #ruhyobesi-0 | 2024-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #wejufegetu-0 | 2024-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi again, im here for help...

Does anybody know a quick trifill method? i know @electricgryphon had one somewhere but i didnt find any info about it. i have a simple 3d draft thing with vertecies and lines, but im yet to make it colored, i cant figure out how to, really(no tris no fill, mfw). If anyone knows and can explain, please, do.

Also i wander, ZEP's 3d dots demo uses weak persp projection, right? do... all 3d softwares use weak projection? is there any difference between regular one? is this even a thing? i heard it being mentioned in one of 3d tutorials and i cant really get what it means(ortho projection with depth- whaaaa isnt it just regular persp projection????)

thanks beforehand, just want you guys to know that i love this little community!!!

3 comments

Hi,

I've noticed that Picotron takes in general 20-40% of the CPU on my intel mac (MBP 2019, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9)
I tried searching around and couldn't find anyone else mentioning this problem. After talking with people on discord, others mentioned similar problems, on both intel and apple silicon.

Anyone else has similar problems? Would love to provide further information if it can help.

4 comments

Cart #picocalendar_fr-1 | 2024-06-06 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello world their !!

It's my first post here! So, as always, for a first task I decided to choose a basic one.
So I just took the excellent cartridge picocalendar of @pck404 and I just translated it into French.

Therefore, if any French pass by, he can use it as well :3

Versions :

1 :

• Fixing starting day
  • Enhance the cartridge label

0 :

• Initial comit
1 comment

Cart #sorry-4 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sorry :)

0 comments

Cart #quantumsamurai-7 | 2024-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

this is a small puzzle platformer I worked on four years ago that I had never finished. It's a type of foddian game where you quantum(ly) shift between levels, always remaining at the same position within the 16x16 grid (with some small hud text up top to help you keep track).

I wanted to embed it in a portfolio so I uploaded it here. For some reason people were actually enjoying it and managed to get to where the level ends (which I never expected to happen since it's very difficult).

so anyway I spent a day finishing the game, because why not?

the additions include:

• new set of levels to cap off the game
  • an end to the game (which unlocks color palettes)
  • palette buttons now won't work until after you've beaten the game once

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Duckling

So basically over some time now i've been working on this cute multiplayer game.
And I think everything is done, except the music. Thats because I cant make very good music, and I think that the game deserves better. So if someone wants to make music for a game (check out the gifs) I can send them the game per Discord.
Im not sure where I could ask, so i figured out I can just ask here.

Thanks in advance :)

3 comments

Cart #reaperdeath-0 | 2024-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #tufozebati-0 | 2024-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->