BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #euclideanrhythmgen-1 | 2024-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's a little machine that generates Euclidean Rhythm.
You may read more about Euclidean Rhythm here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclidean_rhythm

--controls
Press play button on the left bottom part of the machine to play the sequence.
You may find two knobs on the bottom right part of the machine. The left knob changes the amount of steps in the sequence. The right knob changes the amount of euclidean triggers.
You may also change the speed if the sequence by pressing up and down arrows. The speed is shown in BPM on the top right corner of the screen.

I was interested in creating euclidean generator in Pico 8, so this cart is just an example. Hope you'll find it interesting.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #kadoyanfirework2-0 | 2024-05-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Press X to launch fireworks.

[UPDATED] More fireworks.

2 comments

PixelBasket

A singleplayer basketball game

Cart #pixelbakset-0 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Game objective

Get as many points as possible before time runs out. Take advantage of throws from different scoring zones. Jump during throws and to get the ball.

Controls

• Movement: arrows
  • Jump: [z]
  • Throw: [x] (the longer you hold, the harder you throw)

Main game music was created based on beat of RBI Baseball: Nobody On Base (sequenced by Sivak Drac) and with Denote tool.

1 comment

Cart #sherbetshuffle-2 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sherbet Shuffle was a quick game I threw together this weekend inspired by the Arcade Paradise mini-game Stack Overflow.

Match all the same flavor ice cream together in two different game modes. Casual mode has no timer, you can reshuffle the puzzle with the new button if you get yourself stuck with no penalty, and it's just there to be a relaxing time. Career mode starts you with 180 seconds, and you gain a few seconds every time you make a match of 4. If you get yourself stuck you can reshuffle the puzzle with a 10 second penalty, so it is recommended that you start with Casual mode until you know how the puzzles work.

Every puzzle is possible, as you have two hands that can each grab a scoop of ice cream, but since these scoops can only be placed on top of the same flavor or an empty cone, you can get yourself stuck if you aren't paying attention, and will need to reshuffle the puzzle. You can figure out some nifty tricks since you can grab two different scoops, and you can maneuver yourself across some sticky situations.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

HeadKnight

Defenders of the kingdom

Cart #headknight03-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the title of my little game project I've been working for a while, even as it's development has slowed down due to life events it still continuing and I'm happy to announce I'm releasing a small demo of the game.

It's a simple arena horde 2d game where you kill enough monsters to proceed to the next horde until the boss horde.
Currently there's only 1 boss, a couple hordes and an infinite mode, with 5 playable characters, 3 enemies and 2 items.

Planned features are coop multiplayer, dialogues between characters and the bosses, a full story, more enemies and bosses and much more.

Controls:

Left-Right : direct the player left and right

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

This is yet another implementation of snake and my first pico8 cartridge. I've shamelessly "borrowed" some of the code from nemo_dev's nemosnake for the particle effects. Thanks nemo_dev! It could probably use a bit more polish, but I need to let this one go and move on.

Cart #simplesnake-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Feedback is welcome. :)

1 comment

Cart #rudodumabo-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Stonekeep's Dungeon is a simple Dungeon Crawler inspired by first Wizardry and its clones.

Any comments, criticisms or ideas are welcome :)

release 1.2.0 (2024-10-10)

• tweaked level of character in recruit screen
  • corpse are replaced with chest that can be locked

Cart #snake_pdung-50 | 2024-10-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

release 1.1.10 (2024-08-15)

• tweaked screen navigation and save points

release 1.1.9 (2024-08-13)

• maximum health point are at least 1
  • add remaining mana point to spell screen
  • fix recruit screen
  • tweaked default party

release 1.1.8 (2024-08-13)

• fix regression bug in combat
  • fix regression bug in item creation
  • code optimization

release 1.1.7 (2024-08-12)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #firestarter-0 | 2023-08-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

firestarter

Some small game I have been working on that I managed to not quite finish.
There are some bugs I still need to adress and I don't like how the transitions turned out.
Fixing the issues requeres a lot of the code to be rewritten because the current version is a bit messy.
Would like some feedback on wether the concept even works too.

1 comment

Cart #laserrangefull-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

have fun :3

7 comments

any unfinished ? command outputs garbage errors:

?5+
?5>>
?5>>>>>>
0 comments

Cart #scannies-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small little scanline test I made out of boredom..

I know it isn't top-tier, or the most efficient, but I tried, atleast.

If you care a bit for how this was done, I basically set a couple FOR loops, get certain pixels' color, retrieve a certain value from a table, set a pixel with the recently retrieved value from that table at the position of the pixel that we retrieved its' color from, and, then, repeat that ~8192 times, and then you got some mediocre scanlines! :D

I get that was a bit vague, but if you want a more detailed explanation, just look inside the cartridge.

(passive aggressiveness not intended.)

2 comments

so i didn't know if i was gonna share this or not, but I've spent a bit of time on this version.

Cart #teddbluemonv0_6-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Additions

battle system rewrite:
battle system was written a while back and needed to be cleaned up. now it is

battle loading:
battles can now be triggered by the init_btl() function. it is currently being used during NPC interaction and wild encounters, which work but are currently disabled. In addition, NPCs havea new interaction node that triggers a battle. You can try it out by answering "no" to the NPC.

code improvements in loading data:
cleaned up, rewrote, and overall made loading data neater and more token-efficient. a new read() function added to assist in this mission. All parts of the code written as table

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Pico 8 Linux Laptop

Intro

The guide below shows how to configure a laptop to automatically boot and launch Pico 8. The laptop will shutdown when the SHUTDOWN command is issued in Pico 8 console.

Requirements

Install Ubuntu

If Windows is installed use MMC / Disk Management to shrink the Windows partition.
Install Ubuntu 22.04 Server (e.g. USB - press ESC or F2 to enter bios);

After booting the Ubuntu 22.04 Server Installer:

• Select Install Ubuntu Minimal
  • If you want to keep Windows, make sure you are not overwriting the partition. Ubuntu will dual-boot if not installed on a full disk.
  • During installation, configure the administrative user. You will use this to update Pico8, etc.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #lich_kings_gauntlet-1 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Compete in the ultimate tournament of the realm's most powerful mages. Do you have what it takes to rise to the top?

Controls

• Arrow Keys - movement
  • (X) set the target in motion, press it again to detonate
  • (C) dash
  • Enter/P to Pause Menu (Reset Cart to get back to menu)

(Alternative mapping to C is Z and to X is V)

Lich King's Gauntlet is also available on itch.io.

Description

In the Lich King's Gauntlet, you play as a wizard competing in a deadly tournament. Fully utilize your fireball and dash abilities in frantic combat against various types of wizards. Will you survive all the rounds for a chance to fight the Lord Supreme himself?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #space_face-0 | 2024-05-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

For TweetTweet Jam (or Toot Jam) 2024 - CODE MUST FIT IN 500 CHARACTERS! [expertly minified by PANCELOR - tiny version in jam entry] NOTE: This cart isn't minified completely and has sounds/restart for fun.

=== INSTRUCTIONS ===

Shoot the Space Faces as fast as you can!

Get get more points for shooting a space face faster!

Go for record time AND score!

Mouse to aim, mouse button to fire space lasers.

Press Z/X to play again.

WORLD RECORDS SO FAR:

Record Time: 3.8883s, Solitalker.

(Former Record Time: 5.8667s, John Romero.)

Score: 8200, George Broussard. (Tie: Solitalker.)

0 comments

Cart #prospectus-2 | 2024-05-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #rebutt-2 | 2024-05-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Bowmen

a silly little game about shooting arrows at murlocs

latest v0.2.0

Cart #bowmen-1 | 2024-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Basics

Become a bow-wielding hero in this game, battling pesky murlocs to reclaim the land!
Jump around, shooting arrows and setting fire to their tents. Collecting pickups as you go until everything's back to normal, oh and there's a blood moon every now and then...

edit v0.2.0

• aim assisted arrows
  • flame shot (get close to fire to shoot fire arrows)
  • flamespeakers behaviour revised
  • hp regen when moving to a new zone
  • removed help and torch lock mechanics

edit v0.1.1

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

I'm pretty sure this is a bug; I'm on pico8 0.2.6b / linux

You can turn on character wrapping with 0x5f36 / 24374, but it acts unexpectedly when you move the camera:

cls(1)
poke(0x5f36,0x80) --turn on character wrapping
msg='0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
?msg,0,0,12
camera(16,0)
?msg,16,12,13

Expected behavior: both prints should wrap at the edge of the screen.
Actual behavior:

There's a similar issue with p8scii "\^r" wrapping:

cls(1)
msg='\^rf0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz' --note p8scii wrap at start
?msg,0,0,13
camera(16,0)
?msg,16,18,14
1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->