BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #doggo_s_run-10 | 2024-03-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Voici notre jeu vidéo du projet collectif sur PICO8 à Ada Tech School :

Le chat d'Aldo s'enfuit, incarnez Doggo et aidez-le à le rattraper !
A vous de jouer !

Music by: Robby Duguay

Here's our game from a collective study project at Ada Tech School:

Aldo's cat is fleeing, so take control of Doggo and help him find the cat!
It's your turn to play!

Music by: Robby Duguay

Edit1: Fixed some syntax issues
Update1: Added language choice (French/English)

7 comments

This is a tool to allow both time-domain and frequency-domain editing of the new custom sfx waveforms.

Cart #wave_designer-5 | 2024-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Note for existing users: use the buttons at the top-right to import/export to clipboard, it doesn't happen automatically on every change now.

Controls:

• Mouse: click and drag to edit the wave directly (green line), harmonic magnitudes (blue bars in the middle), or harmonic phases (maroon/lavender bars on the bottom). Or click the play button to toggle preview playback, which plays sfx 1 on loop. The waveform is stored in sfx 0.
  • Left/right arrow: switch between a bunch of preset waves.
  • Tracker keys: play notes!

Buttons:

• Play/pause
  • Undo and redo

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

A Simple Way To Quickly Color Your 3D Models

This entire cart is built upon electricgryphon's 3D engine. 99% of work was done by him.

Cart #face_painter_3d_gryphon-2 | 2024-02-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

-Use arrow keys to orbit around model
-Scroll mouse wheel to zoom in and out on model
-Left click on a face to paint the face
-Left click on a color to select the color
-Left click on 'duplicate' to export your model to clipboard (compressed format)
-Left click on 'scissors' (paste) to import a model from clipboard (compressed format). Note: You might need to press Ctrl+V in window before pressing paste.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #webetiyuna-0 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first upload to Pico 8 where I added a my own textures to the amazing demo jelpi.

I MADE NO CODE ALL MADE BY ZEP

2 comments

Cart #mkr-0 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #plight2-3 | 2024-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Hey All! PICO-8 0.2.6b is up now up on lexaloffle, Humble, itch.io, and for PocketCHIP and web (Education Edition). Note: you'll need to update to 0.2.6b to play new carts and SFX snippets created in 0.2.6!

Inverted Draw Operations

Thanks to @p01 for nudging me about this one! Filled draw operations (circfill, ovalfill, rectfill) can now be drawn inside-out: every pixel outside the area is drawn instead of every inside pixel. This can be controlled in a way similar to setting the fill pattern per draw call: first poke(0x5f34,0x2) to enable inverted draws, and then set bits 0x1800 in the colour argument. Here is a snippet to blank out everything except a circle in the middle (that changes size):

poke(0x5f34,0x2)
circfill(64,64,50+cos(t()/4)*10,0 | 0x1800)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

27 comments

Project 'Mustapekka'

By Sam Westerlund and Benjamin Rosenlund

Hello!

My first post, how exciting! I'm creating a platformer with my friend Benji.

We now have some clue on what the game is going to be about. (Big things coming). The code is based on the code of jelpi. Feedback is welcome!

-Sam

Cart #mustapekka-10 | 2024-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

version 0.5.0

Remade the gliding mechanic in a smaller world with new graphics.

version 0.4.x

Added 'nudging' when hitting corners above you and when descending from platforms. The umbrella has more drag. Removed gliding jitter by making the camera lock on to the player.

version 0.3.0

More precise movement can now be used to traverse a new map! Although, it is quite lifeless for the time being.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #boggle_zavale-3 | 2024-08-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

BOGGLE

this is a tool to play boggle (not a game) by default Spanish is selected but you can change to English from the menu

menu:

timer controls:

Controls

press shake to get a new board and start the timer
play and stop are obvious
press the timer itself to change the timer
there is an option in the pause menu to go back to the last board (used in case you shook the board by mistake)

Rules

use the tool to play boggle however you want

Behind the Scenes

the shake first chooses randomly a place for every die and then chooses a random face for each one

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #hearty-0 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A B-Day gift for a little girly!

look at the little hearts...

In this game you mainly look at cute thing and click at emojis!
And for that you two modes, Arcade and Zen.

Arcade mode

Emojis will come flying around and you have to click on them before time runs out! Whenever you click at one, you regain a little time, but everything starts to go faster! Test your reflexes in this challenging mode.

Zen mode

The emojis are still flying around, but they are much more chill. Now there is no timer and each emoji will give you a little compliment. They have plenty to say about you!

Controls

The game is mostly played with clicks, so you can either play on the computer with a mouse, or on a phone!
Just note that if you want to restart the game, use the PICO-8 menu by clicking enter, or use the button on the screen.

Final Words

This silly game serves as a present, a little something to maybe get a smile out of you... And I hope it befits your own cuteness. ;3

0 comments

Cart #pic0pop-4 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's my bubbleshooter clone. Use L/R to aim and Z/O to launch. Ultimately you have to eliminate all bubbles to progress to next level, but there's the added challenge of trying to pop all the star bubbles in the level. You have to actually land adjacent to these to make them pop. Making them fall doesn't count.

I made a little level editor tool for myself to help in creating these levels and tweaking them later. I'll be honest. I didn't find designing these levels to be super interesting, but I tried to at least make them possible. I probably need to study a bit to find out designs that make these levels fun to play, but as far as mechanics I'm reasonably happy with this and willing to call it my "first" complete pico-8 game.

If people think it's fun or want to see more, then maybe I'll revisit this and continue to add levels and QOL to this project.

Edit: fixed the hard coded level. Should play them correctly now.

3 comments

Cart #pescar-0 | 2024-02-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

the original sparkler

Cart #sparkler-0 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

thanks to @Ummmm_ok ,we have another version which have a smoother line
Cart #sparkler_alt-1 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

A tiny sparkler simulator, a game or a tool, or whatever you think.
Hope you enjoy:)

Controls

C or mouse left to fire
X or mouse right to take a new one
F9 whenever you want to save a gif of last 8 seconds(only for downloaded version)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #ignorethis-0 | 2024-02-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

yeah

2 comments

Cart #grave_defence-2 | 2024-03-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Grave Defence is tower defence game, in which you control a ghost tasked with defending the souls resting in a mausoleum from the incoming hordes of skeletons!

Controls

• Arrow keys to move the character
  • X key to place and pickup torches
  • O key to toggle flame aura indicators

Rules

Torches must be powered by near by Power Flames. Once powered they will shoot enemies within range.
Shooting torches will consume the energy of the flames they are linked to.

Power Flames can die out if over tapped so keep an eye out for their size.
However, Flames will recharge over time unless fully extinguished.

Torches can be relocated; the mausoleum must be protected and you will need to move around the map to do so!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Gruniożerca

Cart #gruniozerca_v1-0 | 2024-02-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Use the arrows to run the guinea pigs, which catch vegetables in a rush. Press X to change the guinea pig to the right one.

Rules

Grunio (dark) and Dida (light) love to munch vegetables. But Grunio prefers carrots and Dida prefers parsley. Crunch the vegetables falling from the sky keeping in mind the guinea pigs' preferences and making sure the vegetables don't fall to the ground.

Behind the scenes

Gruniożerca is a series of games started in 2016 by Luke "dizzy9" Kura. At the time, he created a small arcade game for the NES/Pegasus console and donated its cartridges to the arhn.eu website's Gramytatywnie charity campaign. Starring: Grunio, the guinea pig™, the site's mascot. Grunio has become a small internet phenomenon and has lived to see two (internationally award-winning, seriously!) sequels in recent years. In 2017, Dizzy agreed to release the source code for the first part of the game online. That one is available here. With its simple gameplay and adorable mascot, Gruniozer has become a well-liked "entry-level project" for novice developers, and the task of porting it to all possible platforms a small challenge for homebrew developers.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #dosadegofo-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Aidez les moutons à traverser la rivière !
les moutons sont un peu retord, il faut parfois aboyer...

0 comments

Read all steps before proceeding with the installation. Feedback is appreciated!

• If you want to avoid the headache of Step 4, I recommend using a Pi or other Linux computer to write the installation image to the SD card! It can be the same Pi you use for the Lite installation, you just need to switch SD cards to change OSs.

Hello everyone,

I haven't seen any tutorials for doing exactly this so I thought it would be helpful if there was a guide for anyone who specifically just wants a little portable machine that launches PICO-8 after booting, and without using Retropie or a desktop environment. This installation won't have a super fast boot like PICOPi (https://github.com/keints/picopi) but it will have online functionality and will be a great starting point for a physical fantasy console project.

The whole process takes about 45 minutes to complete

Things you will need:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Cart #snake_psqnt-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Snake

Another snake game but this time another snake spawns every 4 seconds and follows in your exact path. Gets very challenging!

Controls

arrow keys move the snake

Credits

Me

2 comments

Cart #push4-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Push4

A game for one or two players. Push tiles onto the board and try to get four in a row.

Controls

• Cursor keys to move the placement
  • X to push a tile

Credits

Code: Greg Gaughan

Music: Eric Billingsley (original compositions by Erik Satie) for the PICO-8 Free Music Jam licensed under CC4-BY-NC-SA.

Game idea from Think! for the ZX Spectrum.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->