BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #cheebo-3 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #cheebo-2 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Game Description:

Dive into the exciting world of "Trash Trek," a thrilling boat game where you play the role of an eco-warrior on a mission to clean up the ocean. Steer your boat through challenging waves, collecting trash to score points and help save marine life. Dodge obstacles like plastic bottles and boulders to keep your boat afloat and complete the mission within the time limit. Can you sail through the dangers, collect enough trash, and become the hero the ocean desperately needs?

Controls:

'X' Key: Rotate your boat to navigate through the waters and avoid obstacles.
Objective: Collect as much trash as possible to earn points and contribute to environmental conservation.
Time Limit: Complete your mission before time runs out. Keep an eye on the clock!
Prepare for an eco-friendly adventure in "Trash Trek" and show the world that you have what it

2 comments

Cart #jajawutiyi-6 | 2024-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a game I started at the beginning of the 2023. I wanted to create something simple while learning PICO-8. As you can tell the game is not finished but I am working on completing it during the next few days. I code while at sea and that can be difficult to make progress while working.

There are still things missing. My biggest hurdle is to make the game feel balanced. Right now it is too easy.

[ THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ]

• Using bigger than 8x8 sprites
  • Collision boxes
  • Starting to wrap my head around using functions within tables (OOP?)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #sizescape_pac_v1-4 | 2024-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first real Pico-8 game, a port of Paku Paku, a 1D Pacman game by Kenta Cho, with some small changes and added features.

I think it's pretty fun, but would appreciate any feedback! Also interested in seeing how high your scores can get. My current best is 8,223.

Controls

Press 'x' to start, and change the direction with the left and right arrows.

While the ghost is red, it'll eat you, but if you eat a power pellet, it becomes briefly weak, and you can eat it.

Scoring

• Each basic pellet is worth points equal to your current level.
  • If you eat the ghost when it's weak, you'll get 10 times the current level.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #fetayujiji-5 | 2024-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A clone of the PAKUPAKU JavaScript game.

https://abagames.github.io/crisp-game-lib-11-games/?pakupaku

Prototype with boost feature and directional controls

Cart #fetayujiji-6 | 2024-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Hello, And welcome to Hell!!

Disclaimer: all of these mods are very difficult!! Difficulty differs between mods, so don't be upset if one is too difficult.

All of these mods require precise movement or speed tech. You can find tech required here

This page will update with new mods over time! check back soon to find more challenges!

These mods will be broken up by their difficulty and type. here is a difficulty key:

------------------------------------

--Difficulty levels

Easy : Few speed tricks - mostly just precision

Medium : Some speed tech, like pass throughs and spike jumps, and more precise tech

Hard : Lots of tech, including clips and other wacky momentum jank. very precise.

--Dashes

1Dash : You have one dash

2Dash : You have 2 dashes

0Dash : no dashes!!

Gem : mod contains gem

--Mod length

One Screen : self explanatory

Short : 1 or 2 levels

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hey there! Anyone got any suggestions for good 2 player games? Preferably pick-up-and-play ones where you can just hop on and off.

2 comments

Cart #snake_v1_1_1_by_termit-3 | 2024-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just snake, but better and with different stages (wich google's doesn't have)
sorry for bad music
if you find any bugs, please leave a comment and i'll fix it

1.1.1 changes--
----changed main menu
----changed pause menu
----added a restart option
----better stage transition
----you can actually win

1.1 changes--
----better death screen
----better pause menu
----smaller token count

5 comments

Hello. I was thinking on how can I make enemy AI the simplest way?
I was looking on YouTube but most of the tutorials are hard to understand.
I am a beginner when it comes to pico 8, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

2 comments

Cart #kahujepebe-1 | 2024-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About what you would expect from a game called "Pogo Celeste". Also includes some tweaked levels and a few new mechanics. (Small update: Improved some spawns that would lead to an immediate walljump, Fixed the sign at 1100M by making the hitbox taller)

4 comments

Cart #zjowkuyu-0 | 2024-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone !

My name's Vincent and this is my first prototype here.

It is based on a real-time card game called Brawl : https://crabfragmentlabs.com/shop/p/brawl

Rules

The goal is to score BASEs, by getting more HITs on it than your opponent. At the end of the game, the player who scored the most BASEs wins.

In PRACTICE mode, each player plays one card alternatively. In TOURNAMENT mode, players don't wait for their opponent. Games can last less than 40 seconds !

[16x16]
This is a BASE. It serves as a foundation for HITs. There can only be 3 bases max in play.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #thebirdsv2-1 | 2024-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Make your way through an unforgiving world... full of birds

A mini-platformer inspired by Limbo. You're a girl stuck in the rain, just trying to make it through.

Preview of some birds

And more birds

Background / Credits

This is my first game. I discovered pico-8 a little earlier this year and had to give it a try. Like many others, I was inspired by all of the great carts out there. In particular, I got a ton of value from this post by shy, the lazy dev shmups content, and this cart on fractal trees from bjornkri.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #thereminboy-4 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

8 comments

Cart #zuworetiki-0 | 2024-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #toaster-0 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Escape Toaster Hell

This game was made for the Illinois State University 2023 Winter Game Jam. Theme: Stronger together

Features:

• Esoteric Toaster Hell
  • Orthographically Projected 3-D Graphics
  • High Score List
  • Bread

Technicalities:

The 3-D effects in this game were achieved by layering 2-D cross sections of a toaster, The images were layered based on the screen position, to achieve an orthographic effect. These computations are relatively light and can be easily handled by pico-8's limited CPU. The platforms are similarly rendered, but slight perspective is added by calculating the two sides of the platform separately.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Oh hey, a thing we're doing is live!

The PICO-8 Free Music Jam is an itch.io jam for musicians with a very simple concept: PICO-8 devs want music to put in their carts, we're gonna make music for their carts.

It'll be running for the full month of February - no ratings, no competition, just music for PICO-8. And if you wanna get started making music, in PICO-8 or at all, there's loads of resources linked on the jam page.

(edit: And many thanks to the folks in the #music-sfx channel of the official unofficial PICO-8 Discord who came together to hatch this idea and hammer out the details, and to @paraK00PA for the awesome cover art!)

1 comment

Cart #timeprogthing-0 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A time progress visualiser thing that's sort of like a clock/calendar hybrid. I don't know how to describe it well.

Use the left and right arrows to switch between four views:

Year View
Visualise time progress throughout the year.
Split into months horizontally and days within each month vertically.
If the year is highlighted, this view is being shown.

Month View
Visualise time progress throughout the month.
Split into days vertically and hours within each day horizontally.
If the month is highlighted, this view is being shown.

Day View
Visualise time progress throughout the day.
Split into hours horizontally and minutes within each hour vertically.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #bouncegame-0 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Small game I made in a day early last year. Collect the gems, avoid the bombs.

Controls:

Arrow keys to move target and adjust height

Hold X/Z to double/halve the target move and height adjustment speed

2 comments

Avoid the rocks as you climb, collecting any treasure you can along the way.

Cart #treasure_climb-0 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was another super simple game while I continue trying out things. Was playing around with the sound a bit more as well as adding animations, trying to understand them better.

1 comment

Cart #drawapp-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a small drawing app I started working on near the end of 2022. Last year, I challenged myself to post a drawing made with it every single day for the entire year. This was the main Twitter thread for it, but they're also all displayed on my website here. I planned to release the app publicly once I completed the challenge, so here it is!

I'm not calling this v1.0 yet because it's still quite unpolished and I didn't manage to add everything I wanted by the end of the year (I ended up being way too busy with other work to work on this last year). I don't know when or if I'll actually get around to releasing a v1.0. Feel free to modify and share your own versions of the cart if you want, I hope the code is not too much of a mess.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #bloodmoon-3 | 2024-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The city of Z'Oular is crumbling. Lord Raltus has used the powers of the Blood Moon Talisman to enthrall the city. Very few people are left alive. Bram, a demon hunter under the banner of the Goddess Askelpios, receives a message from within the city and takes it upon himself to cleanse the evil that lies therein.

Play through a huge overworld packed to the brim with secrets! Uncover the hidden dungeons within and use the bevy of curios you find to bring Lord Raltus to his knees! A massive adventure tucked neatly into a single PICO-8 cartridge and built to evoke the games of yore.

Keep your notepad handy to write down the hints you receive and to draw a map to keep you from getting lost or spool through a printable manual to really game like it's the 80s.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

34 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->