BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #peththefrog-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just my first attempt at doing something using pico8, Pretty enjoyable experience!

1 comment

Cart #maddyshop-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About the Mod

Hi! This is my first mod (with some help from cannon). Originally this was meant to be a part of the "12 Days of CCristmas" mod jam, but we missed the deadline. Oh well.
CannonWuff made the sprites and did all the coding, while I did level design and decoration.

Speedrunning

Levels were designed with speedrunning in mind. Keeping with that, I'd like to have a sort of competetion to encourage runs! There aren't any rewards, just a thanks from me :)

There will be 4 main categories:

• Any% - Beat the game as fast as possible
  • 100% - Beat the game as fast as possible while collecting all 16 berries.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

THIS GAME NEEDS MORE FIXES!!!

3 comments

Cart #light_switch-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple reflex game I created to test out Pico-8.
When the lights come on, press the corresponding arrow key to turn it off.
The goal is to get the lowest score possible.

0 comments

This is a naive port of particle life.

Press Z to cycle through draw modes.
Press X to toggle stats.

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kx4Y9TVMGg

Code based on https://github.com/ravener/love-life/ which is MIT license.

TODO:

• interface for changing the rules.

This is a koan more than anything, it needs more processing power than Pico-8 will give it - not suited to this environment. But still interesting to experiment with.

Tweak any of the numeric literals to alter behaviour.
The rule arguments determine the attraction/repulsion between two groups.

Cart #particle_life-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #nehihuweno-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hi!!!! i just got around to uploading this to splore (i think??), hope you all like it!

3 comments

Cart #ragupimufi-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is work-in-process edutainment regarding the Theory of Constraints, a method for increasing flow through an organisation.

0 comments

In the rain (Working title)

Find your way through an unforgiving world

Cart #intherain-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Background

This is my first pico title, and also my first game ever. I discovered pico-8 a little earlier this year and was immediately excited by it. Loved the community and was inspired by all of the great carts out there. Over the last month, I've been able to work on this concept and learned a ton.

Community help

Like many others, I was able to learn faster due to all the great carts out there. In particular, I got a ton of value from this post by shy, the lazy dev shmups content, and more recently this cart on fractal trees from bjornkri

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #elusive_bigfoot_v4_5-0 | 2024-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #elusive_bigfoot_v3-0 | 2024-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #elusive_bigfoot_v2-0 | 2024-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Made this to learn the basics of the tools. It's just a single level, and collisions have issues sometimes, though I'll be updating it when I want to learn new stuff.

Cart #yodumuyegi-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #nlbsnakeonatrain-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello! This is my entry in the 2023 Toybox Jam, an endless runner where you're a snake in a minecart. Someone requested I put it on the BBS, so, here it is!

2 comments

Cart #hyotsuja-12 | 2024-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Archipelago

Archipelago is a real-time strategy game in which you are vying for control of as many islands as possible to harvest resources, establish trade routes, and build your civilization.

Controls

Directionals to move your cursor around the map.
x to select a unit, when selected x to move a unit to a new spot
x to bring up the toolbar, x to select, o to cancel
o to get info on unit/terrain

Features

Build several building types: house, farm, barracks, port, mine, storage, woodmill, and waypoints
Harvest food and ore from farms and mines respectively
Upgrade buildings
Move workers, troops and ships around the map
Build troops at barracks, ships at ports, workers at houses

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

I Started On A Plataform Game That I Wont Tell You Name, And This Happened. SOLVE IT!!

5 comments

Cells

Followed a tutorial from https://nerdyteachers.com/ to create this game.

Cart #cells_ukiyo_studio-0 | 2023-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #celestehardcore-1 | 2023-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You only have one life, lose it and you will have to start all over again

2 comments

Cart #fahiyukuzi-0 | 2023-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I have switched PC's and am using bbs to import my game onto my new PC. this is not the complete game (far from it) but if you'd like to play it feel free to. :D

1 comment

Cart #tofosidada-0 | 2023-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mod I made for the CChristmas mod jam. It's pretty short, hope you enjoy :)

check out the rest of the mods here: https://evergreengames.github.io/cchristmas/

3 comments

Cart #blanc-0 | 2023-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A very short but hard Celeste Classic mod that requires speed tech (https://celesteclassic.github.io/glossary/)

Made for the 12 Days of CChristmas mod jam
https://evergreengames.github.io/cchristmas/

8 comments

Cart #randsak_pkim-5 | 2023-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello!

This is my first ever game. Creating a game has been a childhood dream and I finally did it! I wanted to create this game as a tribute for someone that is very special to me and completing it was a very proud moment.

Pilot Kim is a simple yet challenging shoot'em up/bullet hell where the goal is to beat 10 waves of enemies. Killing enemies rewards the player with some XP that they can use between waves to level up some random stats. Also, every few waves the player gets a new random weapon!

Please if you have any feedback or if you come across some bugs let me know!

I want to credit Lazy Devs tutorials, they helped me create the foundations for the game and also Gruber who is the original creator of the music.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

17 comments

Simple prototype, not much of a game yet.

Cart #picokeepyuppy_d1-0 | 2023-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Github link here: https://github.com/thtroyer/PicoKeepyUppy

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->