BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #srom-0 | 2023-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Spongy: Rise Of The Moths Demo

0 comments

Cart #kanagrid-0 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

KANAGRID is a simple tool to memorize the two syllabaries of the Japanese language (hiragana and katakana).

Press ENTER to show the menu to change the current level (1-11), switch to hiragana or to katakana mode, or show the controls. Press the 🅾(Y/Z)-key if you already know the currently highlighted character, or ❎(X) if you don't know the character and would like to see how to pronounce the kana. If you use a controller, these two keys should be mapped to controller buttons 1 and 2, depending on the controller used.

The levels 1-10 correspond to the ten columns in which the kana are usually presented (A-KA-SA-TA-NA-HA-MA-YA-RA-WA). Level 11 lets you train all the 46 basic hiragana or katakana. The current level is automatically increased after validating several time that a kana is already known. Since not all katakana dakuten and combination characters are available in PICO-8, KANAGRID is limited to the basic characters only.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #gabarufiri-0 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

↓ Moves of Style : Alpha

↓ Moves of Style : Beta

↓ About Game systems

↓ Tips

• You'll be invincible while attacking. So don't afraid to make moves!
  • If there are too much coins, the gameplay will be jaggy and enemies won't even drop any coins. So you have to collect coins ceaselessly!
  • Flip cancel / Dash cancel is available both on the ground and in the air. You can do what you want!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #jehizaguse-0 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

我今年16岁,这是我的第一个游戏,我看了lazydevs的教程,并完成了这个游戏。

教程:
方向键来移动,z键射击,躲避敌人子弹,摧毁所有敌人来获得胜利。
每个敌人都有不同的攻击方式,掌握规律来躲避子弹。
当分数达到3500和8000时会升级武器。

3 comments

Cart #supershotv4-9 | 2023-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Supershot!

Supershot, a space game! In this game, you try to survive the deadly space without falling too far away from the camera.

Controls:

• Move Left/Right: ⬅️/➡️
  • Shoot: ❎
  • Look from back: 🅾️ (only in v3)

Notes:
This is a beta build of the game.
Please don't play this game if you have motion sickness, I don't know if this can get people motion sick but this is just a warning.

Supershot v2/v3: [hidden]

Cart #supershot-4 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #rift-1 | 2023-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use a Time Crystal to travel between the past (purple timeline) and present (green timeline). Your actions in the past affect the present, but not the other way around.

If you collect a berry in the past, it's vanished in the future.

If you collect a berry in the future, then get it in the past, the one you already got disappears from your total because it was never there for you to grab in the first place.

Length: 17 levels
Total Berries: 4
Made in 6 days for the 12 Days of Christmas Jam

Changelog

v1.2:

• Changed 500m and 700m to make the solutions a bit more obvious and less annoying

v1.1:

• Added indicator for traveling to present/past in the bottom right corner
  • Made berry blocks disappear if the berry inside it was already collected
6 comments

Cart #kirbygame-0 | 2023-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

CONTROLS

Move with arrows, jump with O and inhale with X.
Only one basic level with some waddle dees to test physics.
Since this is a prototype, expect tons of bugs.

ABOUT

I made this game on my phone some mounths ago but couldn't finish it due to lack of coding skills. So instead of letting it idle in my phone I decide to upload it just to not throw my work away.
This game is very unlikely to be finished but it is playable at some capacity.
This is the first time I made something playable on pico-8 so it will have a lot of bugs and jenky code.

1 comment

Cart #zimemedagu-0 | 2023-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone, attached here is a current game I'm working on.
Its just a simple concept game with a theme of focus ie avoiding invasive thoughts while meditating. Just move left and right. But also can shoot if player getting board of avoiding the meteors

2 questions:
1- I put a timer and how to print the last time when the game stopped?
In this case, the stopwatch kept running after the game ended.

2- I'm trying to use a 16x16 main sprite player, I'm not sure the code how to display the player icon to display the 16x16pixels, it only displays the 8x8 pixels

Thank you so much in advance

2 comments

\/v latest release

Cart #sandenginev4-0 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

left and right to cycle colors, up and down to change brush size

elements:
1 - smoke, floats upward and disipates
5 - gunpowder, a powder that explodes upon contact with fire
8 - fire, burns and emits smoke
9 - fuse, when lit, fire travels along it
10 - sand, an inert powdery substance
12 - water, a liquid
14 - acid, a liquid that erodes other substances, turning it into more of itself

i've implimented a new method of updating pixels, this has some upsides and downsides. One main thing right now is that liquids (water and acid) arent working quite how they should

feel free to make your own elements too! i've tried to make it pretty modular.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Gravico

Cart #gravico-1 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

In this falling block puzzle game, position your pieces wisely to make clusters of 4+ blocks of the same color. The bigger the cluster, the more points you'll get. Most importantly, if you manage to chain cluster destructions with the fall of the blocks, you'll multiply your points.

Three different modes are available (after being unlocked), each one having a different rhythm.

Controls

Arrow keys - move left/right/down
Up arrow - hard drop
(X)/(O) - swap current pair's colors

Dev notes

This is my first complete game using Pico8. My previous attempts suffered from unreasonable scopes, but this was super fun to do, and I definitely am motivated to make some more Pico8 games in the future!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Hi Pico 8 bbs!

I am following Lazy Devs' breakout tutorial, and I noticed he was using variables like so

ball_x=1
ball_y=1

In my code I had written:

ball={
  x=1,
  y=1,
}

However I noticed that he had quite a bit fewer tokens than I did. I switched over, and sure enough, saved a bunch of tokens. This is because ball_x is only one token, whereas ball["x"] is quite a few more.

So then if straight-up variables are cheaper than tokens, it leads me to the question:

When is it actually a good idea to use tables instead of just variables?

Thanks!

7 comments

Cart #jujozahike-0 | 2023-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Multiplayer frogger game with guns.

https://impossible.itch.io/frooter

Controls

Press ⬅️⬇️➡️⬆️ to move.

Press ❎ to shoot

Press 🅾️ to aim (shoot without moving)

The first player to make it to the opposite side of the level three times wins.

0 comments

Cart #raquermete-6 | 2023-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello!

This is my first post here in this forum, and I'm bringing a game with me!

It's yet another clone for Hack*Match, a game made by Zachtronics that first appeared as a minigame inside Exapunks. I'm aware that there are a couple clones here already, but I really love this game, so the more the merrier. Besides, they really do not play identically.

The objective of the game is to make groups with at least four of the same type of blocks to make them disappear.
To that end, you can perform two actions:

1. Swap the last two blocks in a column
  2. Grab/replace the last block in a column

Bonus points are awarded for addicional blocks after the fourth in a matching group, and for all blocks in combos (groups that are formed after the first matching group disappeared).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

After years of joking, it's finally here.

Adelie Golf has you putting a round penguin (Roundelie) through the 30 levels of Celeste Classic!

Made in two days as a part of the 12 Days of CChristmas mod jam and releasing on the last day of CChanukah, I hope you enjoy this meme come to life.

• Click on the ball and drag to aim your shot, release to putt.
  • Press C or Z to restart the level if you get stuck.
  • Press S and F to go back or forward a level respectively (must be enabled in the pause menu).

Cart #adelie_golf-1 | 2024-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

• Version 1.1 fixes some bugs with balloon physics, graphical issues, and a missing music trigger.

If you get stuck or a level seems impossible, try playing in full screen mode.

4 comments

Cart #mademaker-0 | 2023-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My 12 Days Of CChristmas jam submission!

In this mod, the mountain has changed. you play as the aspiring contractor madeline, armed with a hammer and a whimsical magic mouse cursor that can manipulate the world at her whim! normal contractor equipment. Progress threw the mountain and take advantage of the wacky new gimick! ooooor just build a path to the top and win every level... the choice is yours! i cant take it from you, my lawyer advised against it.

Link to CChristmas jam page!

https://evergreengames.github.io/cchristmas/

1 comment

Cart #thepitjrv01-6 | 2024-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The Pit Jr.

A Pico-8 remake of the little known, seldom remembered 1982 coin-op game "The Pit". This simple game is often cited as the inspiration for Boulderdash and other digging games, and features a careful descent into a rock-strewn cavern, the daring acquisition of precious gems, and a heart-stopping escape through the terrifying pit, where lurks the ravenous monster... at least, that's how it must have seemed to early-80s kids.

You can see gameplay from the original here: YouTube

Controls: directions to move, x to fire laser.

I've tried to recreate the distinct features of the arcade original, warts and all, including the unique movement, the simple graphics and the enemy behaviour. It also includes a lot of janky luck-based gameplay that will have you tearing your hair out - just like the original!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #picopic-2 | 2023-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, I created PICOPIC, a minimum picross game. It has only 9 levels for now but with 25x25 size which I believe the maximum we can create on Pico-8.

5 comments

Hello,
I love all the demakes/remakes.
This one of my favorite games from the 80's and it would be cool to see this on the Pico 8.
https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/retro-lets-play-bruce-lee-datasoft-1984.1310249/
I don't have the skill or I would try.
Just throwing it out there. :)
I only played it for the PC but sounds like it came out for the C64 as well.

-Montana

3 comments

Cart #manicminer-3 | 2023-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Manic Miner

A throw back to the 1983 game released on the beloved ZX Spectrum. Original by Matthew Smith.

10 comments

Cart #naftgij-1 | 2023-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Old version:

Cart #naftgij-0 | 2023-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->