BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #crablife-1 | 2023-07-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello 👋

Welcome to CrabLife - my take on Fishy, but with more crabs and no fish.

Run around, eat things which are your size or smaller, try not to be eaten by anything bigger than you, and always avoid the octopus.

Become the biggest crab for the greatest intrinsic sense of satisfaction 💪

All feedback is most welcome 😊

5 comments

Cart #pageflip-3 | 2023-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Version 1.1 Changelog:

• Added a way to restart after you win
  • Now records your best time
  • Goal number will no longer be right by the start
  • Paper now has slightly rounded edges
  • Changed "1 seconds" to "1 second" and "1 moves" to "1 move"
  • Added page turning sound effect

Controls:

• Right Arrow - Turn 1 page right
  • Left Arrow - Turn 1 page left
  • Z / X - Hold down while turning to turn more
  • Up / Down Arrows - Turn to middle
4 comments

Cart #asteroidont-0 | 2023-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for this year's (2023) GMTK Game Jam, which theme was "Roles Reversed".

What happens when the space rocks from the classic Asteroids strike back? Click on the asteroids to stir them into those pesky ships, earn experience and improve!

Made in 48 hours, this is my first jam and I'm quite happy with the result. Probably will come back to it to continue working on it. Let me know what you think!

4 comments

Cart #pmgd-0 | 2023-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

the game me and awesometurtle70 made for the gmtk game jam!!!

It's time for you to playtest your game that you've been working very hard on! But um, seems the playtesters aren't the brightest. Have these people even seen a game before? No matter, because you patched in some dev tools to help them along.

Controls:

Mouse: move cursor
Hold Left Click/M1: Grab object
X: Kill player

4 comments

Cart #flappywish-1 | 2023-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple game for Art Fight!

3 comments

Cart #toyboxgeneral-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Greetings, your Royal Majesty!

I write you at this most troublesome hour - diplomacy has failed, and our noble Kingdom is under attack from all sides by every single surrounding nation. Our soldiers are outnumbered and outgunned, and the Kingdom's only hope for survival is your tactical ability and acumen. Command the troops yourself, and lead us to victory!

My only advice to you would be about using terrain to your advantage - troops stationed on mountains shoot farther; troops in forests are shielded from enemy fire, to a degree; and troops in lakes and rivers move much slower.

In battle, kill or rout all enemy troops to win. Make sure to keep your camp safe, try to sack the enemy general's camp, and try to not lose any troops, if you can - these additional objectives are optional, and exist for bragging rights only.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #willthemangetfrog-4 | 2024-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Helloooo! New and probably final update to Will The Man Get Frog.

Quite a few new things:

• Mouse support! Composing is now comfier than ever!
  • A brand-new background and music themed around new year's eve!
  • A not-so brand-new background and music with a big frog in it!
  • A LOT more season words (more than twice as much)!
  • the "..." punctuation mark, more mysterious than ever.
  • "-ed" and "-es" suffixes. Add past tenses and plurals to anything.
  • A delicate sprinkle of handpicked new words in almost every category.
  • A few bug fixes and quality of life improvements

[ Continue Reading.. ]

31 comments

Cart #buttonking-0 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The game is simple, press the button as the circle gets smaller. The smaller the circle, the higher the score.

3 comments

Becky's Revenge!

[128x16]

Cart #beckys_revenge-0 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was my submission to the GMTK 2023 gamejam! i think i did pretty well in the alotted time!
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #sifepubaru-0 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3d_thing

i been kinda busy , but still trying some game_dev_stuff, diss is a spining cube , using real 3d , i think is neat ,
i been also making a game in godot , a fun engine , more updates in that later.

enjoy the funny 3d shape

1 comment

Cart #mot_taxi-0 | 2023-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is basically a Wolfenstein-3D style ray-caster with floor tiles.
There's no gameplay or even collision detection so far.

The top right of the Pico-8 map region is used to layout the game, using the sprites in tab 3.

The sprites correspond to 8x8 regions in the top left of the map area, which represent the "texture" to draw.

3 comments

After seeing some cool LED display projects on the forums, I decided make one too. This is a large 128x128 wall display, roughly 384mm² or 15.11 inches² in freedom units. This is very cool, but not cheap. This project could cost you upwards to 400 USD if you decide to make one yourself. This project requires you to solder (soldering a simple bridge) and you will need to use the Linux terminal on your Raspberry Pi.

Do this project at your own risk.

Parts list:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3211 - Adafruit RGB Matrix Bonnet for Raspberry Pi

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4732 - 64x64 RGB LED Matrix - 3mm Pitch

Raspberry Pi. I used a Raspberry PI 400. My Pi 3 and 3b+ didn't want to work with this.

You will also need access to a soldering iron and solder as you'll be soldering a bridge.

I also suggest getting longer IDC ribbon cables as the ones that come with the displays were not long enough for connecting all 4.

Step 1:

What you'll need to do is flash a microSD card. I used Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Legacy). Something lightweight will be perfect. You will also need to enable SSH access and connect your Pi to Wifi. This can all be done with the Raspberry Pi Imager. Pi Imager: https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/

Step 2:

Next, you'll need to follow The Adafruit guide here on connecting the displays: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-rgb-matrix-bonnet-for-raspberry-pi/driving-matrices

It's also important that you connect the panels like this:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #rgblocks_2_shapes-4 | 2023-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The sequel to MoonShine's RGB puzzle game, with expanded graphics, feel and gameplay!

Gameplay

This game plays just like its prequel and expands on the original code, but now pieces fall smoothly and there's a brand new game feature: shape-coded blocks. Instead of just simple pieces with three stripes of color, there are three varieties of each one with different shapes, and blocks of a certain shape can only be merged with those that have the same one. By pressing up or down on the title screen, you can even change the number of shapes generated by the game.

Credits

Code and graphics by MegaSparky.
Released by MoonShine's PICO-Crew subgroup.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #zipzapper-0 | 2023-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

ZIP ZAPPER

by Ellery J. Reyes

Zip Zapper is a top-down puzzle game where you play as a small robot that can shock things. Use this shock ability to interact with your surroundings and get the robot to the portal. Carefully navigate the robot through each level to reach the big portal at the end of the game!

Controls

Arrow Keys or D-Pad to Move
Z or 🅾️ to Shock
X or ❎ to Go Back

About

This is my first PICO-8 game. I wanted to make a level based puzzle game in the month of June and this is the result. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to developing more PICO-8 game in the future. Thanks for playing!

Credits

Design, Programming, Art, Music, and SFX

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #rebel_commander-5 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The Galaxy is suffering under brutal reign of a mad tyrant, and all cower in fear of his doomsday weapon capable of vaporizing entire planets. But a brave rebel leader has arisen, to free the people or die trying.

To win the game, strike at the tyrant's capital - the more ships you have, the better your odds of succeeding. 6 ships are a guaranteed victory, but even with 5 or 4 you have a decent chance.

To get more ships, visit planets - their chance of giving you a new battleship are displayed as percentage. Planets with more than 50% chance are highlighted in blue. However, beware of occupied planets, highlighted in red - they are garrisoned by tyrant's warships, and will destroy one of your ships each time you arrive at one.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #garbo111_pinfallprimer_1-1 | 2023-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PINFALL Primer is a short game intended to help practice the movement in PINFALL.

You can also watch a full walkthrough of the original game.

UPDATES

1.0b

• Added indicators to the ladder screen
  • Added some extra information to the water screen
  • Slope adjustments- you'll no longer slip on 45-degree slopes unless at least half of the ball is touching it
2 comments

Cart #celestemulticart01byghost-0 | 2023-07-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wanted to put celeste mods in a multi-cart so I did.

I pretty much stole
(used as a base) the code from this (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=31895)

What other carts should I add?

3 comments

Hi! So I'm very new to Pico-8 and recently purchased Pico-8 to test my skills in coding and currently I'm having problems trying to find collision. My Current Code is shown below:

function update_game()

if fget(2,0) then
  --wall
 else 
  if btnp(⬅️) then
   p_x-=1

end
  if btnp(➡️) then
   p_x+=1
  end
  if btnp(⬆️) then
   p_y-=1
  end
  if btnp(⬇️) then
   p_y+=1
  end
 end
end

To describe my problem, I currently can go through any wall I want to, and it still moves.

7 comments

Cart #wodinezebe-0 | 2023-07-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #tamejomto-0 | 2023-07-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

SUBMERSIBLE V1

My first game to be released. Inspired from the game "Iron Lung" by David Szymanski.

STORY:

You are searching the deep sea with an old submarine find the sunken ship by arranging the coordinates. Scan the images of the sea floor and locate the shipwreck to complete the misson. Beware of the sea monster that lurks at depths.

CONTROLS:

During the title screen hold "X" to read the story and press "Z" to start the game. During the search screen use arrows to locate the submarine under the sea and press "X" to scan an image of the sea floor by the subramine camera. Scanning can be done again when the timer reaches zero.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->