BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #jabm_improved-0 | 2023-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hehahoo demetia

0 comments

Hello, You might have seen my new celeste mod demo, resorte. I have completed all of the features I would like to have, and the only thing left is level design. The problem is my levels are pretty bad. I currently have 4 levels, but they seem bland and the difficulty is wildly different between these four. Does anyone have any tips for designing levels?

2 comments

Below is a sequence of images of the problem I am facing.

I use the mget() function to return the sprite value, but when it changes the numeric value, it doesn't change the sprite automatically.

As shown in the images, it changes only after the character is on the second block of water, and the same thing happens when he comes out of the water, as if there is a delay.

Does anyone know how to resolve?

I'll leave the cart for you to help me

Cart #batata_1-0 | 2023-05-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

This is a snippet from an article by Google's support team:

"All channels will have an associated handle that can be used to find and interact with other users– both creators and viewers. Your handle will also automatically become the new YouTube URL for your channel that will make it easy for people to discover you. For example, youtube.com/@youtubecreators."

This article was written seven months ago.

Due to a restriction in the settings, you cannot include the required @ sign in your YouTube link. Anyone who hasn't met the requirements for a vanity link (which doesn't need an @ sign) can't put their YouTube link in their profile.

Pls fix ;-;

1 comment

Yo I play this pog game called geometry dash, if somebody made a game about the wave that would be sick, there’s already bunch of wave frequency things on pico-8 so why doesn’t someone make a wave game.
I would make it but I know nothing bout coding

Btw if this did happen I would eat a raw slice of bread right outta the bag

0 comments

The cartridge will be posted at a later date.

0 comments

ive made a some what of a game in picotron playground

--cool
--dyln

function _init()
x=64
y=64
b = userdata("
[8x8]
")
end

function _update()
if (btn(1)) then
x +=1
end
if(btn(0)) then
x-=1
end
if(btn(2)) then
y-=1
end
if(btn(3)) then
y+=1
end

end
function _draw()
cls()
spr(b, x, y)
end

1 comment

Cart #rickystickmanadventure-0 | 2023-05-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Really crappy game I made to figure out how to use Pico-8. Made in under 24 hours.

0 comments

i made this with a tutorial

Cart #tweettweetjam-0 | 2023-05-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Here's the showcase:

I woke up one day and I said "I wanna make a pico-8 styled cursor!" and so this piece of concept art came to life!
I took pico-8's cursor as a reference and the other ones are made by me. This is my first cursor and I'm very pround of it. (It was really fun btw)
Hope you enjoy my work! ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qy7o52usoin47eu/cursor_pico-8.zip/file

1 comment

In tab 4, the argument item2 returns nil and i dont know why.
Any ideas?

code:
tab 1:
-- init --

function _init()
snd={
pickup=0,
tick=1,
lose=2
}
p={
sp=6, -- also works as hp
x=63,
y=63,
spd=2,
mdl=30,
dl=30,
score=0
}
ens={}
end

tab 2:
-- update --

function _update()

-- movement --

if btn(➡️) then
p.x+=p.spd
end if btn(⬅️) then
p.x-=p.spd
end if btn(⬇️) then
p.y+=p.spd
end if btn(⬆️) then
p.y-=p.spd end

-- respecting boundarys --

p.x=mid(0,p.x,120)
p.y=mid(0,p.y,120)

-- ticking --

if p.dl==0 then
p.dl=p.mdl
p.sp-=1
p.score+=1
spn(⬅️,63,{gob=true,sp=64})
-- true:good;false:bad
else
p.dl-=1
end

if #ens>0 then
for i=0,#ens,1 do

if coll(p,ens[i]) then
del(ens,ens[i])
p.sp=6
else
ens[i].x+=ens[i].vx
ens[i].y+=ens[i].vy
end
end

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hey All! I've been trucking on some Picotron stuff a bit lately, and I've added a lot of it to the current build of Picotron Playground which you can play around with in your browser here:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/picotron.php?page=playground

A quick recap for some context: Picotron is a fantasy workstation that aims to be extremely hackable and flexible. It is not quite in production yet, but an experimental web version is available ~ that's what "Picotron Playground" is. The desktop version of Picotron, with built-in dev tools + HTML exporter are planned for later this year.

For more background, see also: Part I: The release thread

Code Editor

The code editor is now implemented as a GUI component that anyone can embed in their own programs. This will make it easier to create things like bespoke programming toys and scriptable level editing tools. Have a look at /demos/proggy.p64 to see how this works (although, that api might change a little later). It is still janky, but now janky in a more powerful way!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

61 comments

Ever wanted to animate text smoothly? Or maybe just scale a text up by some non-integer value? With vectors you can!

Cart #vectorfont-0 | 2023-05-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Example usage:

printl(
  text,
  x, y,
  color,
  font_size,
  char_spacing,
  line_spacing,
  wrap_width
)
0 comments

Cart #openinggambit-0 | 2023-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #blobbybrawl-1 | 2023-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #neon_signs-0 | 2023-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This prototype was made for Pico-View, a monthly web-zine hosted on NerdyTeachers.com.

Last month's prototype challenge was to use a neon lights visual effect on sprites and provided the function for drawing neon outlines around white sprites.

We took our own challenge in making this month's prototype. This month's challenge is however to make a game with the classic Game & Watch style handhelds where you can see a faint image of the sprites that will light up when active.

Don't forget to share it here on the BBS with the tag "Prototype Party" so we can see what you were inspired to create. And keep your eyes out for more in the coming issues of Pico-View!

Read the full issue here:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

i hacked the game so you can buy clickers any time

Cart #bugsbugsbugs-2 | 2023-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

it puts 0.5999 when you try to get 0.6

3 comments

Cart #garden_invasion-0 | 2023-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->