All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #mibisafomi-0 | 2023-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #gojahfir-0 | 2023-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #razumesiwe-0 | 2023-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hello! :D
I've had pico-8 for a long while but didn't start making things with it until recently, and it's been a lot of fun learning programming!
The artwork is drawn by me, and the scrolling text is from the end poem from minecraft which is in the public domain

Cart #fujufubara-0 | 2023-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #correlating-0 | 2023-01-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

I downloaded Pico8 in 2021 and catching up again now...and started to see the potential and love the simple language from a non-programmer perspective. I'm more of an artist but recently found out about Lazy Devs youtube videos and patiently follow each shmup vid, I can see hope in creating my own shmup. I love shmup since the late 80s growing up visiting local arcade often. Now I have to really focus on making my own 1st shmup game..

Thank you too to Nerd teacher, Lazy Dev, and others for all your time and energy in making the software and tutorial vids

<3

0 comments

Cart #feyokeyuju-0 | 2023-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

i made a new profile picture for myself, because

• i got the idea to draw a lavender-colored figure with a spiral on their belly as my profile picture
    • i found this idea too cute to not do

because i use this website just for PICO-8, i wanted to make a profile picture that can be shown in PICO-8

tools

i did not use PICO-8 as my only tool.
just like with most PICO-8 cartridges that i make,
making and referencing mockups in Pixelorama is really important to save hours of time

limitations

i could not find a color combination with the PICO-8 extended palette that leaves the important details visible (according to my color contrast table) that has the figure in lavender.
so i changed the figure to purple — a color that is close enough to lavender that it still looks great

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

UPDATE: Part II Thread https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=52692

A new year, a new fantasy machine! Picotron Playground is an experimental web version of Picotron's WIP runtime and API, bundled with a terminal and code editor in order to make some toy programs. You can read more about the goals of Picotron and its specifications in the FAQ:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/picotron.php?page=faq

Although I'm still mostly occupied with PICO-8 and Voxatron, I hope this will be a good way to chip away at the project and let future users try out the API in a low-stakes way before it is ready to go into production.

Launch Picotron Playground here:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/picotron.php?page=playground

Note: you'll need a US layout keyboard and there is no permanent storage, although the clipboard does work if you want to store some snippets. Please work on anything larger than toy programs at your own risk!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

86 comments

First 24 Hours of Effort on my Battle Cats deckbuilding combat game!

Cart #sopzpizo-0 | 2022-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hey everyone, how's the weather?

0 comments

Hello, I am trying to pass my player.score variable (an int from 0 to wherever), using GPIO.

I have been using poke2(location, player.score) and then reading to the browser using pico8-gpio-listener.js library by Ben Wiley.

However, my player.score maxes out at 255 and then resets to 0. This doesn't seem right so any help would be appreciated. The player.score itself goes as high as I need it to, it's just when I use poke2() it limits to 4bits(?) I think.

4 comments

Cart #intergalactic-1 | 2022-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Will update when 1.0.0 comes out. Have fun finding all the glitches i didn't!

1 comment

Cart #xmas_challenge-0 | 2022-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey yall!

I'm going on a trip with limited internet but wanted to take some time to challenge myself and take advantage of the holiday to work on learning more!

In the spirit of this, I made myself the 12 Days of Picomas Challenge.

12 challenges, either beginner or advanced, for each of the 12 days of Xmas.

Feel free to tell me if you participate! and link your socials so I can see what you do!

0 comments

"I Do This For Fun", Interview With PaulHamx - Pico-View #3

PaulHamx:
H = Hamx

Marina:@MarinaMakes
M = Marina

Their games:
Zoo Keeper (click link)

Pico-Droid (click link)

Interview:

M: So, @PaulHamx who are you and what have you done?

H: Haha, that's pretty broad!

Okay, I'm Paul Hammond and, before Pico-8, I've gone through a few other fads of remaking games over the years, starting on the C64.

For some reason, remaking really appeals to me. A lot of my enjoyment of gaming comes down more to seeing how a game's mechanics work more than actually playing it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Some usernames have spaces in them and thus are impossible to @ (Alex K. for example). I thought while creating an account it didn't even let you add spaces anyways so I don't know how they got those usernames. Not sure exactly how it could be fixed but it's annoying trying to reply to somebody who is literally impossible to reply to.

3 comments

I was wondering if we could do a demake of Densetsu no Stafy 1 for GBA
It will be fully localized in english
It will have the same HUD as the original Gameboy Color Prototype
It will have the soundtrack recomposed Pico-8 style
It will be split into 9 carts, each depicting every world
How you like that idea?

1 comment

So obviously it’s difficult to find cheap Raspberry Pi’s anymore but Libre Computer’s Le Potato and La Frite seem to be really similar. I don’t have a ton of experience with Raspberry Pi or anything but I can follow guides just fine, would I be able to follow the Raspberry Pi handheld guides found on these forums and just replace the Pi with a Libre Computer?

Thanks

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->