BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #wuhajizeko-0 | 2022-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's been a while since I've posted anything here - in fact I think the last game I posted was another Christmas game back in 2019... I guess that means I like Christmas games.

Anyway, Santa has lost his sleigh for reasons unknown - maybe he made some kind of stupid mistake, I don't know. Long story short, he needs to get back on his sleigh before time runs out. While getting there, however, he needs to get presents delivered to all the chimneys (and chimney-type objects) along the way. Maybe not all, but most would be good.

It's snowy and very windy out there, so leaping from chimney to chimney isn't going to be easy. Also kids or punks or people like that are throwing snowballs, so watch out for them. If you're lucky, you'll catch some falling rings along the way. If you're unlucky, you'll land on the wrong chimney at the wrong time and catch fire.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #picos_2-1 | 2022-12-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Can you get the blue screen of death? Can you beat the painful virus hidden in another program? Can you complete the ritual?
That, and more, is right here, in picOS 2.0!

This is a sequel to my previous (and not very good) adventure into a desktop-like thing: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=43948.
I completely redid everything, and although not super optimized , it works okay, and has some secrets and easter eggs.

If you want to make a program for it, here is the cartridge:

There are some more instructions in the code on how to do it.

12 comments

Hello there.

No, that's not Total Recall. Tabber Recall.

As you may be aware you can press the UP arrow key when you are in immediate mode and it will recall the last commands you have typed.

However the feature I would like to request is engaged when you press the TAB key and depending upon what you've already typed, it will match.

Example. Let's say you've typed all this in immediate mode:

pset(49,49,3)
apple="sauce"
sandy="beach"
save exact-12-10-22
bread="ginger"

Now if you wanted to save your code again you could press the UP arrow key twice and press ENTER. However suppose you have entered 100 or more commands since then. Well you'd be pressing that UP arrow key quite a few times to find it.

What I suggest is this.

Much like being able to press TAB when you select, load {filename} instead of showing you the files it shows you the commands. So if you typed out s in immediate mode and the TAB key you would get:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

This is much more than just a small feature request because it would likely require much more effort to make it happen (if it's even feasible).
But while I was using Splore and looking at the "search BBS thread" and "open thread in browser" actions, I started wondering: Once the login feature has been added to PICO-8, would it be possible to access the BBS directly from PICO-8 as well? Has this idea been floated around before? And if it is not possible in PICO-8, then what about Picotron?

If it's possible then it could be a neat way to unify the whole PICO-8 experience within the software.

Any thoughts?

5 comments

A small chatbot.
It uses a dictionary of text and responses, so it can't reply to everything.

Should work online.
Try to not use punctuation (?,.;!"), as that isn't something it understands too well. Apostrophes and colons should be fine though.
Please, leave any errors or suggestions below as I am trying to make it better.

Better version of the chatbot as it is a bit less chatbot-y.
You will need to press ➡️ to say what you wrote.

Cart #chatp-0 | 2023-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #chatbot-1 | 2022-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #thegoldenfish-0 | 2022-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[32x32]

What is this?
This is a pico-8 platformer game made in 7 days. Small little casual platformer, nothing else.

Controls
The controls for this game are the same as default pico-8 ones, which are:

Controls	    Actions
Left Arrow	    Left
Right Arrow	    Right
X / V	        Jump
C / Z	        Retry Level

Credits
The game was made by me, using Pico-8. I am new to Pico-8, so I wanted to make a short little platformer game to learn Pico-8. The music in this game was made by Gruber Music, and I watched Nerdy Teachers' and Lazy Dev Academy's tutorials to make this game.

4 comments

Heya! So uh, Sneaky Towers is cancelled, I'm sorry, ST fans, but hey, we got a new kid in town, Sneaky Dungeons!

Cart #kidetojefu-2 | 2022-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here are the controls!
Arrow Buttons: Move
Z/(O): Jump
X: Attack
Z+X/(O)+(X): Super Jump
Down+X: Block
Attack after successful block: Counterattack

Have fun!

Version: Playground Build 2.0

Changelog

Playground Build 2.0

• Added Spreeg
  • Added Music
  • Added Blocking and Countering
  • Added Sylium
  • Added Slopes
  • Updated Map
  • New Animations
  • Added Flashing Toggle
  • A little secret for anyone willing to look into the game's sprite sheet ;)

Playground Build 1.1

• Added Combi
  • Lets you break boxes
  • A few bug fixes
4 comments

Hey @zep,

I think it'd be really nice to allow us to swap in the 32-color Picotron palette, which has the 16-color PICO-8 palette plus the revised upper 16 colors that you've been carefully tweaking for Picotron's system palette.

I'm gonna bet that the iteration you're doing with them to improve usefulness would be really nice for PICO-8 games, and would additionally homologize the two platforms with respect to color palettes.

Maybe just a single bit somewhere that swaps out the secret palette for Picotron's 16..31 colors?

Or, I suppose, you could subdivide one of the two ranges. You'd still want an enable bit though, since people rely on index bits 4,5,6 not mattering.

In fact, what the enable bit could do would be to switch to using the same indices 0..31 Picotron uses, instead of 0..15 and 128..143 on PICO-8, and then that's just the Picotron system palette. Basically a Picotron-palette mode.

That'd make using the extra colors a lot less cumbersome than using the current secret palette, though the original secret palette could still live above 128 at the same time too, in which case all the enable bit would do would be to put picotron_pal

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #dobefeyoyu-0 | 2022-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #iregret-3 | 2022-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

Cart #hangingon-1 | 2022-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's another new song! Have a great weekend! 😃

15 comments

In the screenshot, the pause menu does not appear.

But in the case of GIF output, the pause menu seems to appear.
(version 0.2.5c)

3 comments

Cart #turbo_chariot-1 | 2022-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You have been selected to fight in a hyper chariot race by the dictator of Canada. Can you survive while destroying your opponent?

Controls

Left moves inward towards the center.
Right moves outward toward the edge.
x Fires a rocket

Power ups

Black piles of ammo will randomly appear. You need to get it quickly because your opponent is going to grab it first. Blue piles of medical supplies will also drop, but less frequently.

2 comments

Cart #fmekakoha-0 | 2022-12-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Collision test to share with friends

Controls

o button speeds paddle up
x button slows paddle down

3 comments

Cart #matrix_pixel_rain-0 | 2022-12-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A nice screensaver? Or just listen to the music and relax to the colorful rain.

The loop is a cover of the song "Clubbed to Death" by Rob Dougan, known from the Matrix movies.

Controls
❎ toggle auto color (default: enabled; changes color automatically over time)
🅾️ toggle mute music (default: enabled)
⬆️/⬇️ change color (default: green)
⬅️/➡️ change speed (default: 1)

Check out my profile for more carts.

8 comments

Cart #niburiputi-0 | 2022-12-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Hello.

No this is clearly a bug inconvenience.

If you make use of RUN(string) where you can recall it with STAT(6) later, If you press CTRL+R anywhere during the cart, or select Reset Cart from the system menu, or even have just RUN() in your code, it will not reset STAT(6) fouling up the results you were using to look for it.

It would be helpful if a new EXTCMD() was chosen that could be used to reset the argument specifically for the RUN() command WITHOUT having to RUN().

2 comments

Cart #torchkey-0 | 2022-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Just a WIP of my puzzle platformer Torch & Key. Uses lovely assets by AchieGameDev https://linktr.ee/AchieGameDev and ElectricLemon https://electriclemon.itch.io/stick-tiles-sprites

Will eventually contain 7 levels, each introducing a new mechanic or application of a mechanic. Torches allow passage through red tiles and can be carried or placed. Eventually I will add keys which will allow passage through doors, and when dropped are thrown a short distance and have gravity. Only one torch or one key can be carried at a time. In addition, there will be roaming enemies which become passive when lit by torchlight. Enemies will also be able to carry and roam with torches. And finally, each level will contain arbitrary gems to pick up. Eventually all these mechanics will come together to create interesting problems for the player to solve.

4 comments

Cart #advent1976-0 | 2022-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The original Will Crowther Colossal Cave Adventure game from 1976. FORTRAN source code converted to Lua using custom compiler w/ historically accurate keyboard input/screen display look-and-feel.

See GitHub repo for source code and credits: https://github.com/benstopics/cca-pico8

Changelog

[1.0.1] - 2022-10-12

Fixed

• Out-of-range index bug reported by @Verb
15 comments

Cart #empty-0 | 2022-12-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

@bikibird for speako-8

my head for being empty

also the original creator of the meme
l
l
edit: oh god i just was thinking to myself how i hate people who do this i've become my own villain oh god oh crap-

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->