BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #lighting-0 | 2022-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a ball with different sprites that makes the feeling the light is emitting it.
P.S. there are other ball sprites too, but you have to load the cartridge in the PICO-8 itself or PICO-8 Education Edition

1 comment

Cart #purapugafa-0 | 2022-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

So according to the wiki, if you poke(0x5f2d, 0x4), it turns on pointer lock mode, and then you can use stat(38) and stat(39) to read X and Y mouse movement. This isn't working for me, though. Both stat()s just return 0 no matter what. I'm not sure if you have to poke(0x5f2d, 0x1) first too, but either way it's not changing anything.

Here's a little demo cart to demonstrate:

Cart #cursorlock-0 | 2022-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I haven't seen anybody else use it, so is it even possible? The only thing saying it's possible is the wiki.

5 comments

Hello:

Here now, take a look at this map section:

Despite the fact it's not Pico-8, it is interesting to look at. It is clear there is a meandering path going from north to south yet there are all kinds of tiles and obstacles along the way.

This map was drawn by hand by a map artist I am certain, is why it looks so good and able to explore.

Yet it brings up an interesting point. Are we intelligent enough today in our coding - can we develop code that can create a map like this ? Where it is not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye it also offers a challenge to travel through if you stray from the obvious path.

It might even be a set of rules like:

Map size is 64x64
32 small rotted stumps on dirt
24 rotted stumps on dirt
24 green stumps on grass
24 pumpkins
18 large trees
36 dead trees
48 small pumpkins
32 medley pumpkins
16 large pumpkins
18 bloom trees on red grass
+ Standard North/South Path through using pressed yellow leaves, twistiness = 114

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Welcome to Ping's Space War!

Use the arrow keys to move your space ship, X to fire and Z + arrow keys to aim your space ship.

Cart #pings_space_war-6 | 2022-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

When in the sprite editor, the 'H' key flips the sprite horizontally, and also toggles hex mode.

I don't know how to read hexadecimal very well, so I would have to toggle it again before continuing.

3 comments

Cart #nasoderemo-0 | 2022-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple real time strategy game. Drag and drop to send armies to conquer the world. Villages produce new soldiers, Towers shoot at enemies, Castles produce new soldiers twice as fast. This is an early playable version.

5 comments

Cart #minorkeyjelpi-0 | 2022-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

the main theme from jelpi but it's a minor key
btw there is no game
laziness

2 comments

How can I choose a variable as an argument in a function? Why doesn't this work? And what can I do instead?

timer=1

function updatetimer(i)
	if i<300 then
		i+=1
	else
		i=1
	end
end

function _update()
	updatetimer(timer)
end

function _draw()
	cls()
	?timer
end
4 comments

@zep, I am finding this line by itself in code:

while a < anything do

while a < anything do

Is not appearing entirely ^^ above in [ code ] if you take out the space before and after the <
This is happening in PREVIEW. Once I post I'll let you know if it appears as a POST too.

This is quite puzzling. I also have my ad-blocker turned off.
Windows 10, Quad processor, Firefox v105.0.1

while a<anything do

while a<anything do

O K A Y it only happens in PREVIEW. Here, create a new message and copy that while a<anything do inside [ code ] and PREVIEW your message before you post. See if you get the same results I do.

This is what I see when I PREVIEW the message:

Please let me know if you ARE or ARE NOT receiving this error on your side.

0 comments

A few weeks ago I asked for help for a game, but seeing that Pico 8 is very expensive for what it is, I decided to cancel the "wonderful game" that I was going to present to you with love.

Sorry for putting high expectations, it motivated me to make a game, thanks for putting your contributions.

2 comments

Taking a crack today at building drum kit SFX - I've labeled this one as a "High Tom", but if you play it on a lower note than C2, I think it'll probably serve for whatever tom you need. You do need to take care of fading out the notes yourself, though - the SFX ends on a held G1, just to let the drums have a longer sustain than 32 ticks.

[sfx]

1 comment

Cart #bigahuwiwa-4 | 2023-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

30/09/2023 UPDATE
I've had an updated version of this cart on my hard drive for ages that I've never uploaded so I thought I'd finally put it out there.

Just a small mod, mainly a texture tweak.

• Updates a lot of textures to be closer to the ones in 2018 Celeste
  • Adds a unique tileset for each of the 3 sections of the game
  • Updates some existing textures to make them slightly nicer to look at (imo)
  • If you beat the game with 0 deaths, the game will reward you with a golden strawberry!

Thanks to Maddy Thorson and Noel Berry for making the original cart.

18 comments

Cart #majodonuya-0 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

11 comments

Cart #habunakute-3 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #habunakute-1 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just learning

1 comment

Snek

Controls

Press X to start the game
Use the arrow buttons to move the snek.
Press O to pause the game anytime.

Cart #gehajwepi-1 | 2022-09-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Flop Birb

This game is a Flappy Bird clone made 100% from zero by me, with my own twist on some features. Hope you enjoy it!!

Objective

Don't flop.

Controls

Press X to start the game
Press X to jump
Press X to revive

Cart #murihibumo-0 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

This is in direct response to @packbat's marvelous MIDI collection.

I didn't choose a number cause I don't want to overwrite a number you already had.

I have not heard a really good synthesizer instrument yet so I decided to listen to one of my favorite music authors, Vangelis, and the lovely instrument he did in the opening of "Five Circles."

Here is my attempt to recreate the 1st note in the song "Five Circles" - as played by Pico-8.

Cart #synthesizer_note-2 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Compare with the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmlS5riwapM

The third sound, (sfx 5 where you press UP) is my submit for both midilib and denote.

9 comments

Cart #iwokeuphere-1 | 2022-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I found this spoooooooooooky thing I made a few Halloweens ago.

Just like the videotape in The Ring, if you don't make someone else play this within 7 days, bad stuff is gonna come for you! Don't try to avoid your responsibility to pass this on, I'll know (because I have access to the play count stats).

The exit is on the left. Arrow keys/d-pad to move . . . while you can.

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->