BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #hydrohopper-1 | 2022-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A demake of Hydro Hopper from Club Penguin

1 comment

Cart #octopus-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A remake of Octopus, a 1981 Game & Watch by Nintendo.

It can work as a watch/clock if you happen to have a Pico-8 device that you are happy leave on all the time. Otherwise just use up/down to select game A or B and either button to start the game.

This was an interesting challenge: The hardest part was squeezing the graphics into 128x128 pixels. Hopefully it still looks somewhat like the original. The "ink" parts do not suit the sprite/tile system at all and would be hard to fit in the graphics memory, so sprites are only used for the clock and score display as well as drawing the "rounded corners". Instead, I've RLE packed the graphics into strings and decompress them to screen every render, only drawing the relevant parts.

7 comments

The fastest flinger in the west

Version 1.6.1 + 2.0 RD2

Description

You are the new sherrif in town, and due to budget cuts, they sadly cant afford to give you a gun, so you'll have to do with a sling and the rocks you can find. Shoot yourself through hordes of outlaws whilst trying to be as economical as possible!

Cart #westernflinger-9 | 2022-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

And for now, a top secret beta test.

Cart #frd2b-0 | 2023-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

26 comments

A small "game" I made for learning purposes. It has only one level, but I'm pround of what I made.

Also at my itch.io account : https://stingby12.itch.io/weird-calculator-p8

Cart #math5522-2 | 2022-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

yet another remake of an old remix of mine
mostly unchanged, just added a few extra sfx so it sounds better
enjoy!

Cart #smb1snow-0 | 2022-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #pico_rescue-1 | 2022-07-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Rescue!

Pico Rescue is a game for rescuing people and putting out fires. Keep an eye out for your fuel bar, avoid the damage caused by smoke columns, pick up rescuees and return them back to flag checkpoint.

Don't over stay!

You cannot refuel during a mission. So pay close attention to your fuel gauge. When it starts to blink you have 30% of fuel left. It's best to leave, you might not have time to save everyone.

For the emergency room!

Some of the rescuees may need medical atention. You'll have to remove clothing, and do first aid like cleaning wounds and stop bleedings. Use the lens on a wound to see what's left, but don't take too long. Keep and eye out for the patient blood level and use a blood bag if needed

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #snailmaker-0 | 2022-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A silly little toy I threw together. Click your mouse to generate a bunch of randomly-colored snails that flee at varying speeds to the left and right of the screen.

1 comment

Cart #celeste_easy_read-0 | 2022-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Celeste, but with graphics options. Made in less than an hour. :)
Options are available through the pause menu (P or Enter).
Options list:

• Shake (disables all forms of screenshake)
  • Clouds (hides the moving clouds)
  • Snow (hides the snow in the foreground)
  • Deco. (hides decoration in the background, leaving solely the interactive stuff)

Hope this helps people out! :)

3 comments

Cart #lightsofflockslocked-0 | 2022-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

IMPORTANT! All employees:
We take both the environment and our security seriously. Ensure all lights are off and all doors are locked when leaving the premises. Failure to do so will result in termination of contract.

This was originally supposed to be my attempt at Weekly Game Jam #149, with the theme "Last One Left". Thanks to all of this lock-down business (future generations, look up 2020 on Wikipedia) I was going to have a go at making a game, when not working from home; however a migraine lost a couple of days' worth of time and I bailed out. Originally using Unity, then followed 2 years of being too busy / lazy / depressed to do anything, until the engine that PICO-8 provided was the excuse I needed to make a more compact game.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #majigesefa-4 | 2022-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Story

You are a witch who has found themself in a dark dungeon overrun by goblins. You must escape the dungeon by finding keys to unlock the gates. Spellbooks have been scattered around and can be used to cast spells. The spells can eliminate goblins and light up the dungeon.

Controls

-Arrow keys to move
-X to cast spells

Info

This is a short, top-down, dungeon crawler game that is inspired by The Night of the Worm Slayer by xCoraNil which can be found here:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=32628

This is also my first time making music for a game. Any feedback is much appreciated

Updates

Update 1

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #vampachi-1 | 2022-09-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Vampachi v1.1

Dodge, evolve, survive! This is my PICO-8 take on Vampire Survivors. As a vertical shmup. It started out way more Vampire Survivors-like and turned out way more shmup-like. At least it's not just a clone.

Story

Yeah, sure. Okay, well: Help vampire hunter Liz Belmont to survive until dawn. Except dawn will never come. Sorry.

Features

Endless survival shmup gameplay
15 types of enemies
4 types of bosses
10 upgradable abilities and weapons including:

• A god-worthy hammer
  • An adorable bee
  • A Pac-Man
  • A fluffy sheep
  • A Croissant
  • Melee damage
  • up to 8-way shooting (completely automated)

How to play

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #adelie_chess-4 | 2023-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The long-awaited spinoff to Chess is finally here! In Adelie, your goal is to destroy all of your opponent's eggs while keeping your eggs protected. Every penguin has a unique move set, and can even be evolved to gain different moves and abilities! Below is an image containing each penguin's move set and evolution path for your convenience.

• Each penguin may move using the arrows indicated by the green box and may kill using the arrows indicated by the red box.

• The distance each arrow goes is important! All moves have a limited range matching that in the image.

• Evolve a penguin by moving it onto the same tile as an identical penguin. Evolving an Egguin allows you to choose one of the three evolution paths.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

(v00 07-29-22)

Cart #rotate_earth-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS PICO-8 CART, in immediate mode, type: load #rotate_earth

First off I'd like to give credit to @0oskar and his Earth Demo found HERE:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=48697

Which inspired me to write this.

One of the things I discovered back in IBM-pc DOS after plotting randomly colored pixels to the screen was a way to make them grow and fill in an area randomly. I called it the Tapestry Effect and used it in some of my games where I wanted to create random continents and maps.

I especially made use of it for an Easter Egg program written in GFABasic where I plotted color r#254,g#254,b#254 and then randomly chose one of those 3 to plot a pixel one-space away from there with either r g or b decreased by 1. and then I set an invisible "egg" boundary so when it was complete you had these very pretty rainbow colored eggs in a basket of grass I also procedurally drew.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #omgsosecret-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

one of tags is sus ...

17 comments

Cart #diesort-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A dice sorting game where you need to drag the die onto the correct side of the screen within a time limit. Prompts appear on the left and right side to tell where the die should go based on their number of eyes.

In NORMAL mode: You have a set amount of time each round. Your time resets and shrinks when you complete the round. Game over when time runs out.

In 30 SEC mode: You have thirty seconds to complete as many rounds as possible. Game over when time runs out.

In SPEED mode: You have only a few seconds each round, but you only need to sort one dice. Your time resets when you complete the round. Game over when time runs out.

Good Luck!

(Playing on mobile is recommended if you dislike mouse!)

The game was originally made for GMTK Game Jam 2022, but have been updated. You can download the original submission on itch.io: https://noh-kinda-poh.itch.io/diesort

1 comment

Cart #moonspeen-1 | 2022-08-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is my little demo. The music is a cover of "Mother Earth" from "Mother"/"EarthBound Beginnings".
I'd like to thank @dw817 for the Earth spinning idea even though my realisation may differ from his in the cartridge he made: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=48699

slightly older version without music:

Cart #moonspeen-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #snacking-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello :>
I don't want to do anything big (obviously) for my first project, so I just made a small animation
¯_(ツ)_/¯
Also I made this only using my Android phone

4 comments

Cart #blobs-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

There is no game over screen yet

Controls

Arrows - Move
Z - Speed up

1 comment

Paid work offered for prototypes

I am looking to explore some ideas and wanted to collaborate with someone on a nominal payment basis. I am a coder, but time is the issue with other projects and work. If anyone is interested and willing to work through Fiverr please let me know.

Just to emphasise, the work is exploring game mechanics - no 3D, no music and basic sprites. For a seasoned PICO-8 developer I imagine the ideas will be fairly straight forward, but I'm happy for an intermediate level person who wants to broaden their experience.

Thanks.

0 comments

Tractor Madness is a game where you yeet paintings at people while dodging helicopter missiles all while driving a tractor
Since that is a lot to take in, I've made a simple list of the things the game has
Game features:
Tractor physics
Bob
Bob lying on the ground
Paintings
Secret codes for more content
And much more!!

Cart #tractor-2 | 2022-08-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Green tractor is real 2401

8 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->