BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #spaghetti-0 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first pico-8 game! I wanted to remake one of my favorite mobile games called "1-meter" and added an extra element to make interesting gameplay!

Press Z to change plates
Press X to change patterns/colors or the background table cloth
Use Arrow keys to play!

See my itch.io page where I created a nice page for this game here: https://nschaitanya.itch.io/spaghetti

P.S. It would be great if anyone wants to add some music to this game!

11 comments

Cart #picodash1-3 | 2022-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #picodash1-0 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Dash 1 demo

Inspired by geometry dash
Press x. That's it.

Once you get to the end, the game speeds up. In ball form you change gravity, in normal you jump and in flappy bird you, well, flap.

You can create levels with this. Just please mention this project and comment it on this thread. Thank you!

*Fixed reverse gravity issues

2 comments

Cart #virgin_and_child-1 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Generates paintings of the Virgin Mary and the baby Jesus. I was inspired to make this after visiting Italy and seeing the many, many interpretations of this subject from across the ages.

Press any key to generate a new painting.

1 comment

Cart #jump_demo-0 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi!! This is a little platform jumping demo that I came up with as my introduction to PICO-8, hopefully it can be helpful to someone else :3

0 comments

Cart #five_foot_fish-0 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The humans have polluted your home and turned you into one angry starfish. It's time to strike back.

Shoot your arms at the docks to send the people flying (your pollution-related mutations have made your body highly reactive with the air). Be careful! The other sea critters are hungry and your arms also serve as a tasty snack.

This is my first completed game since probably middle school. The code is a mess, pls don't judge (or do, I'm not in charge of you). At the very least I've found some things I'd like to work on in my next project, but I hope people can get a little enjoyment out of this too!

5 comments

I'm trying to setup a new menuitem (i.e. on enter menu) for muting the music. (1) the code below will mute properly but won't display the updated value of the switch i.e. "Music:on" will always display. Putting menuitem() in _draw will fix this...allowing for "Music:off" to display, but not when the callback is true (menu doesnt auto-close).

(2), I'm concerned if I should be calling menuitem() in _draw or not to begin with (if its better cost-wise elsewhere). I am not overly familiar with cartdata and dset/dget but was trying to store a value there and check that in draw instead....not sure if that's the right way, but its not working atm anyways.

How should I ideally set this up such that music:on/off can be seen and toggled within the menu, with the callback returning true (menu not exiting on click)?

cartdata("test")
switch=true --true is music_on
music(0,1000,1) 

function _draw() cls(1)
	if dget(1)==0 then switch=true else switch=false end --not working, was trying to update display for menu

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=114087#p)
3 comments

Is it possible to get string lengths that ignore P8SCII codes?

t="\F6HELLO"
print(#t) returns 7

I would like it to return 5

Thanks,
Jim

2 comments

Cart #teyufesubo-0 | 2022-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #guncho-3 | 2022-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Also available on itch.io.

Howdy, gunslinger!

Bandits are taking over the town and you're the only gunslinger around that can stop them. Battle through 5 bandit camps in this turn based rogue-like western to win the lucrative bounty or die trying.

How to play

This game uses gamepad and keyboard controls and involves rotating with left and right buttons. The player may take the following actions on their turn:

• Move - Select and move to a free tile
  • Revolver - Aim at a direction and shoot at a target or reload bullet
  • Punch - Select a target next to you and push it
  • Sprint - Perform two move actions
  • Bullet Hail - Unload all bullets and reload all bullets

[ Continue Reading.. ]

24 comments

[sfx]

This is one of the pieces of music played in my own game. ☺

0 comments

This is my code for drawling the line.

--- is just spaces ignore them

function raycast(fromx,fromy)
---cam.angle += 1
---local l = cam.dist
---local atx=fromx+(lcos(cam.angle))
---local aty=fromy+(l
sin(cam.angle))
---line(fromx,fromy,atx,aty,8)
end

I can't see why this isn't working. im changing the cam.angle but the line is still straight

And there's no rad function so I do not know..

2 comments

Cart #bukawaruda-1 | 2022-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first project in Pico-8!

Beat Box is a simple, one-button arcade rhythm game in which you move by tapping to the beat!

The blinking arrows control the direction you move - press on the beat to move up and down, and on the offbeat to move left and right. You can string these together to move diagonally or back and forth in a single beat!

Navigate around the grid and weave around the Rhythmonsters and Lasers while collecting the orbs to increase your score!

This game was inspired by the Rhythmove Dungeon mini-game from Rhythm Heaven DS. The song is a rendition of Let's Practice from Rhythm Heaven DS.

I hope you enjoy!

6 comments

According to the manual

> Additionally, when X, Y are not specified, printing text below 122 causes the console to scroll. This can be disabled during runtime with POKE(0x5f36,0x40).

However I've got a cart that has a performance issue as soon as the print leaves the screen.

Cart #gejegufku-0 | 2022-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Adding in

poke(0x5f36,0x40) to the cart fixes the issue so the performance issue is to do with screen scrolling.

To see in the above cart press X to start the game and wait for the ship to leave the bottom of the screen

5 comments

First of all, this post is not a feature request, but a proof-of-concept PICO-8 controller adapter over the GPIO SERIAL interface, allowing for extended controller input support including analogue sticks, analogue shoulder pads, and more buttons.

How It Works

GPIO works very differently on various PICO-8 targets. Because of this, the way it works on Desktop (Running PICO-8 locally on your computer) and on Web (so HTML/JS exported PICO-8 games) are very different.

Desktop

For desktop targets, you first start a controller host process that creates controller.data and controller.clock named pipe "serial" lines that can be "connected" to a PICO-8 console:

pico8 -i controller.data > controller.clock

Additional controller data is sent over a named pipe attached to PICO-8 process's -i input file (serial channel 0x806). PICO-8 SERIAL command allows scheduling reading a certain amount from the named pipe with:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #potamasire-15 | 2022-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Farmyfarm

Farmyfarm has been long abandoned. The animals need a friend. The crops need love.

Farmyfarm needs you.

But all is not as it seems. Strange events have been occurring. Strange magicks are awakening. Floods and earthquakes are making the animals sad.

Something sinister lurks on Farmyfarm.

It falls to you to restore Farmyfarm and protect the animals from sadness.

How To Play

Up/Down/Left/Right - Move
Z/C/O-button - Interact

Activities

There's something for everyone!

Read signs!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Small mod of Breakout game by Lazy Devs in wood style.

Cart #breakoutwooden-0 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Small mod on Breakout game by Lazy Devs

2 comments

Cart #hogegejube-1 | 2022-07-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #chromaheist-0 | 2022-07-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I started to make this game several years ago but stopped after about a day or two. Now I finally finished it!

Arrow Keys: Move

Hold Z/C: check inventory (Use arrow keys to select different items)

X/V: Pick up or use item

Each tool you find can be used to get past obstacles of the same color, but it will need to be made useful by exposing it to the right element. For example, use the fire to light a torch, or use water to fill a bottle. The goal is to collect all the crystals so that the gate to the main castle opens.

4 comments

CHART UNFINISHED

Cart #kaiokengod-0 | 2022-07-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->