BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #controllerm8-0 | 2022-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How its useful

it can check if all of your buttons are working. But this is honestly a waste of time. :)

1 comment

I've been working on building a simple and efficient platformer engine, and while it basically works, the character sprite can appear jittery depending on the character and camera movement, and I haven't figured out why. I've uploaded a prototype it you'd like to check it out. If anyone has some ideas or suggestions, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Controls:

L\R-----------Move
Z-------------Run
X-------------Jump

Cart #munirumepe-0 | 2022-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Chew the bomb

Cart #chewthebomb-3 | 2022-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

update 1.2 [change]Position when holding a bomb. / Enemy bullets stop on the wall.

Story

...I am drifting through space in an emergency escape capsule. Luckily I was able to find an old base station, but what the heck! It was a nest of alien life. Unless I destroy the aliens and get my base back, I can't even call for help. I decided to start cleaning up with Miporus Creature Bombs.

Rules

You control an astronaut, Mr.Astrou.
And use a creature bomb, which explodes after a few seconds when thrown, and a laser gun, which is not very powerful, to eliminate all hostile creatures on the stage.
The bomb blasts also damage Astrou. Only when you kill enemies with the bombs, high-scoring energy cubes will appear.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Been playing around with the PICO-8 tracker.
Hope you enjoy :)

1 comment

This is my first Pico-8 game it isnt that good but everybody has a first time:)

Cart #yageruwozu-0 | 2022-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #knutil_inrng-2 | 2022-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

INRNG() Tests if the value is between the lowest and highest values.

• Tests that the specified value is within a range.
  • This function consumes 10 Token.
--[true] in range value
inrng(5,1,10) 

--[true] lowest range value
inrng(1,1,10)

--[true] highest range value
inrng(10,1,10)

--[false] out of range value
inrng(0,1,10)

--Player:1 any key
inrng(btn(),0x1,0xff)

--Player:2 any key
inrng(btn(),0x100,0xff00)

This function is included in the KNUTIL library.

release note

v0.2

• change arguments to a tuple

v0.1

• first release

1 comment

Cart #just_one_strike-1 | 2022-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You're trapped inside evur's castle and the only way to get out is by guiding a ball through its walls!

Controls:

• O (Z) - Continue/Fire ball
  • X - Retry
  • Left/Right - Adjust angle
  • Up/Down - Adjust strength

Pro tip: You get 2 points per life remaining, when ending the level.

You can also find the game on itch.io here and donate some money if you want to!

Have fun!

2 comments

Cart #skeleton_rave-0 | 2022-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Having seen @loanwulf's offering here:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=48345

I decided to go ahead and show off an unfinished cart I was working on HERE back in March of 2022:

by dw817
Cart #sttm-0 | 2022-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Press 🅾️ to show Spock's communication card.

There is code, graphics, music, and sound effects in this cart. Feel free to examine them all.

For graphics there is the Enterprise, Doomsday Machine, Planets, Starbase, "Star Trek" text, and 32x32 portraits of Kirk, Doctor McCoy, Spock, Lieutenant Uhura, Scotty, And Admiral Hanson.

For audio there is the Star Trek theme I started, Phasers in different pitches to show if they are the handheld variety or coming directly from the Enterprise, Transporter thrum, Computer sounds and pitches, Warp Speed, "Panic" theme, "Lost game" theme, and a few other bits for communication.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #star_trip_pics-0 | 2022-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Reuseable.

Please feel free to use these game assets.

If you do make a game, PLEASE post it here or send me a link, so I can check it out.

Happy programming!

2 comments

Cart #turtles-0 | 2022-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

been playing Shredder's Revenge and just wanted to make a little demo
Move with arrows and switch turtles with the buttons

1 comment

Cart #kumoyebowu-0 | 2022-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi all! This is my first post here. Did this small program to practice working with coordinates. Will use this effect in one of my videos.

3 comments

Hey @zep! So I'm on latest of writing this (0.2.4c) and twice now I've gotten segfaults when I try to save? (I think? my memory is fuzzy..)

I'm not entirely sure what parts of the reports I should send over but both say:

Notes:                 Translocated Process

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [780]

VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                      102b54000-102c94000    [ 1280K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /var/folders/*/PICO-8.app/Contents/MacOS/pico8

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.lexaloffle.pico8          	0x0000000102c435d8 codo_save_pico8_cart_to_file + 3800
1   com.lexaloffle.pico8          	0x0000000102c436b7 codo_save_pico8_cart + 55

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=113739#p)
0 comments

Cart #zojihubigi-0 | 2022-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #dafototako-0 | 2022-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A quick jam game I made in a single day for Mini Jam 109. Theme depths. I took inspiration from Celeste's classic source code for the entity object system.

1 comment

While pico8-lua itself can handle even 0x7fff arguments being passed to a function (easy to see via unpack, for example), peek and poke seem to only handle up to 0x2000.

E.g. peek(0x8000, 0x2001) returns 0x2000 values instead of 0x2001
And poke(0x8000, <0x2001 values>) only pokes addresses up to 0x9fff

6 comments

Cart #markov_demo_22-0 | 2022-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Demo of Markov Chain Process

Hey everyone, this is my first cart posted to the forums.

I made this tech demo thing to try out Markov Chain modeling, and thought the result was worth sharing.

What is a Markov Model?

A Markov Model or Markov Chain is a process by which an object changes states, and the chance of a change of state is dependent only on the state the object is currently in. At every step (in our case a frame) there is a chance that the object changes states. Each state change can have different chances of occurring. If no state change occurs, the object remains in its current state.

What is this cart?

This cart is just a little demo I made to demonstrate the Markov Chain process. It uses four orbs as objects, each with four different states: move up and down, move left and right, change size, or change color.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #pobohezapa-3 | 2022-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

-Shoot the bullseye to start.
-Mouse to aim.
-Left mouse button to shoot.
-X or Z to restart.

Rules

-The goal is to have the highest score and highest accuracy% possible.
-The yellow ducks are worth 10 points and the target is worth 50 points.
-Avoid hitting the green duck as it will deduct 50 points.

Info

This is my first Pico-8 game so any feedback or suggestions will be much appreciated. It is a carnival style shooting gallery. I had some difficulty getting the collision to work with all of the objects and I am still looking for ways to improve it, especially with making the green duck block the collision for the target. The collision I am currently using is the circle-based collision from the Bridgs tutorial series.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #picopac-1 | 2023-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Yes, it's another Pac-Man clone. But a pretty cool one, I think.

This actually started development in 2020, but I never finished it, until now. If I were to make it again from scratch, I would probably do some things very differently, but I think the end result is nonetheless pretty good.

I'm especially happy with how the game looks. I used a lot of palette swapping in this game because I wanted to have that "neon" look from Pac-Man Championship Edition (my personal favourite). I also added some pseudo-3D effects, particles and level transition effects to make it look more interesting. I tried to make sure that the movement feels as good as possible, and I think I succeeded pretty well.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #liloscar-1 | 2022-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

kind of like a little Zelda ocarina thing but it's pure audio synthesis (PCM) so you can really go crazy bending the sound

7 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->