BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #fallingv1demo-0 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small demo for my technically first game!

I'm really proud of this, but I can basically guaranty
that theirs a lot of bugs, so please tell me about any bugs you encounter.

BTW The formula for converting frames to seconds is: frames/60 = seconds

0 comments

Cart #tiyasupabu-0 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is it?

This is a simple (and my first) working Tic-Tac-Toe game. Nothing special, but it runs, it's published and nothing less was my final goal.

What's to improve?

• The AI (As it's just working on random numbers, I'd say the game is currently at a very fair difficulty level.)
  • The options (I wish to implement 2 player mode and some options to control the difficulty of the "ai".)
  • The graphics (A little bit more animation and better graphics would'nt hurt, I guess.)
  • The sound (A slinky soundtrack would be great!)

Concluding

• Fun
  • Swallows time
  • Sparks creativity
  • Less hair loss compared to other tasks

Wanted

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #unterganginderfeuerdaemmerung-0 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Untergang in der Feuerdämmerung

An entry in the Lovebyte 2022 https://lovebyte.party/ and the program achieved the fifth place in the Tiny Executable Graaphics Competition.

The task in this competition was to achieve a graphic with a program of a length of at most 256 Bytes. We used a Fractal to generate the scenery mathematically. In the .p8 file, it was also necessary to cut some text in the header to meet the size requirements.

Here is the whole code in its full glory:

g=127for x=0,g do
for y=0,g do
v=x*3/g-2k=v w=y*4/g-3l=w i=0while v*v+w*w<4and i<g do
t=v*v-w*w+k
w=l+abs(2*v*w)i+=1v=t
end
c=(g-i)/g*13if(c*y>c*89)c=1

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=107418#p)
5 comments

Cart #deathsbog-1 | 2022-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made this using the assets from Toybox Jam 3. It's may preferred style of action-platformer, based on things like Momodora 4. The enemy behaviors and especially the bosses aren't as in-depth as I'd like, but I hit the token limit rather quickly. The goal is to just make it through the dungeon, which also requires killing the 4 bosses.

I tried to avoid the common aspects of 2d platformers that I don't like. In particular, enemies are physical objects that don't just magically hurt the player character on contact. At the very least, they have to be doing a ramming attack for their bodies to be hurtful. I also made the spikes on hurt if you actually fall on them.

The map is 185x99 tiles big and has 4 separate layers (background, foreground, geometry and tile palette), but the 4th one is barely used because I was having trouble compressing the map enough. The way the map is stored is slightly different in that the background and foreground are mixed with a separate "mask" map for separating though. This is so that the mask layer can be only 1's and 0's and thus easier to compress. The map was created externally using Tiled Map Editor, with some lua scripts to convert.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #prime_spiral-0 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

After watching this episode of Coding Train's coding challenge, I thought a square screen would be perfect for this sort of thing. It's not my cleanest code but it's pretty interesting to watch.

• ➡️ makes it go faster (increase frame skip)
  • ⬅️ slows down (to a stop)

a35KWEjRvc0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0">

a35KWEjRvc0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="400">

0 comments

Cart #midohasime-0 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Accidentally deleted the first thread.

0 comments

Cart #auteste-2 | 2022-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Celeste Classic, but it is an autorunner.

Walljump to change direction ;)

This mechanic mod modifies the game mechanics and a few levels to make them possible without rem jank. Beware, most levels require speedtechs to be beaten; you can therefore consider this to be a hard mod!

5 comments

Cart #tictactoerush-1 | 2023-11-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tic-tac-toe with a twist!

Test your reflexes in a game of tic-tac-toe where time runs out faster and faster after each round! Challenge a friend or fight against a CPU that gets more intelligent with every move!

Instructions

• Move your cursor with the D-pad/arrow keys (E/S/D/F keys for player 2).
  • Mark your space with the Z/X keys (A/Q for player 2).
  • The faster you make your move, the more points you get. The bar in the bottom of the screen shows how much time you have left.
  • In VS CPU mode, the skill of the CPU opponent goes up with every round. The bar in the right side of the screen shows how good the AI has gotten.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #bloxpace-1 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just started coding with PICO-8. This is a remake for an Android game I made years ago. Place the blocks on the grid, fill rows and columns to gain points.

Changelog:

v0.2:

• Updated logo on the main menu
  • Added some sound effects
  • Added fade-out animation when a row or column is full

v0.1:

• First version of the game

Upcoming features for next version:

• Implement bonus when rows or columns are of the same colour
  • Improved graphics
  • Add more sounds to the game
  • Add multiple game modes
5 comments

So I was moving my levels around and part of the old section remained after being moved?
Thinking it was a weird byproduct of it not being on screen with the sprites in the way I tried again and nope :?
And I just tried again now and only a 16x1 chunk on the bottom was left...

Sorry for bugging you with bugs again @zep ;\

3 comments

Version 2.0

Cart #kuhiwiruhe-1 | 2022-03-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Stage 1

• Use mouse to select subjects
  • Any lines that are empty will be removed
  • When you have chosen your subjects click DONE

Stage 2:

• Click the symbol on the left of a subject to start/stop the timer for that subject
  • The timer is 20 minutes long for each subject
  • Click on the subject to remove it from the list

Clock:

• The clock repeats every 20 minutes
  • The white section of the clock is working time
  • The green section of the clock is rest time

Version 1.0

Cart #kuhiwiruhe-0 | 2022-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Stage 1:

• Use the ⬅️➡️ keys to select a subject
  • Use the ⬆️⬇️ keys to change slot
  • When you have chosen your subjects press ❎

Stage 2:

• Use the 🅾️ key to turn on/off the timer for that subject
  • The subject timer is 20 mins
  • Use the ❎ key to remove the subject from the list

Clock:

• The clock repeats every 20 minutes
  • The white section of the clock is working time
  • The green section of the clock is rest time
0 comments

Cart #climbmod-3 | 2022-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

29 comments

Cart #bomba_cum_laude-2 | 2022-03-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Note: I am aware that the title could sound pretty bad in English. The Latin title means "bomb with praise", which is a pun on the expression "summa cum laude". I made the title in Latin as I used it as an Ersatz of the fictional Matogan language, and this didn't come to my mind until it was pointed out. It's not something I mind too much, but please keep the comments civil.

Update 200317

Performance update. Instead of creating all crates and enemies per level at once, the game will create them as they come into screen and this reduced the slowdown at the beginning of a level.

Update 200221

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #dredds_squishd-3 | 2022-09-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

SQUISHD!

A collect-em-up action game for one to four players.

Escape the maze, eat tomatoes, collect treasure, don't fall in the water, and don't get squishd by the side of the screen.

Features

• One-player or same-screen multiplayer for up to four players
  • Five different zones in one huge scrolling map
  • Persistent hiscores
  • Team and individual hiscores
  • "Coop-etetive" multiplayer gameplay: you have to work with the other players to have a chance of getting the individual hiscore

Gameplay

The players control "tetrapods", trapped in a maze. The view scrolls randomly, and you must stay on screen to survive.

The maze contains tomatoes and treasure. Collect them to score points.

After two minutes in the first zone, you will enter the second zone. There are five zones in all, each with different challenges. The scrolling gets faster as you progress through the zones, and the time in each zone gets shorter. After the fifth zone, you will reach the exit. Move onto the exit to escape the maze. In a multiplayer game, all players must escape the maze to win the game, and players earn a bonus if they escape the maze before other players.

You lose a life by being squishd by the side of the screen or by falling into water. Each player has three lives. The game ends if any player loses all their lives.

Extra lives are awarded to a player when they score 500 points, then 1000 points, 2000 points, and so on. There are a few collectible extra life items in the maze, but they are hard to reach. Will you risk trying to grab them?

Scoring

Tomato: 1 point
Silver coin: 5 points
Gold coin: 10 points
Gemstone: 50 points when the gem is the same colour as your character, otherwise 20 points
Escaping the maze (multiplayer games only): Bonus, calculated as the average score of all players who have not yet escaped.

Hiscores are recorded separately for one-player, two-player, three-player and four-player games.

In multiplayer games, the entire team earns a score, calculated as the average of the players' scores. You can win two hiscores: the team hiscore and the individual hiscore. The individual hiscore can only be won when the team has won the team hiscore. Until the team has achieved the team hiscore, players must cooperate to push up the average score. When the team has the team hiscore, a flashing star is displayed at the top of the screen. At this point, players no longer need to cooperate and can go all out to win the individual hiscore.

Controls

On the title screen:

• Each player: press 🅾️ on their controller to join or leave the team.
  • All players: having joined the team, hold down ❎ to start the game.

In the game:

• Use the direction buttons to move your character.
  • By default your character runs while you hold down a direction button.
  • Hold the 🅾️ or ❎ button to "creep" slowly by a single step for each press of the direction button. This is useful when negotiating tight passages or making risky manoeuvres near the edge of the screen.

On the game over screen:

• All players: hold down ❎ to return to the title screen.

The pause menu has options to:

• turn the music on and off
  • clear all recorded hiscores
  • abandon the current game and return to the title screen

Inspiration

Squishd! is inspired by the classic 8-bit game Splat!, but is not a remake.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #looongbird-0 | 2022-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

8 comments

Cart #warokonugu-7 | 2022-03-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is it about?

Juicy Fruits is a game about getting as many fruits as you can before dying. You select your character
[8x8]
and jump into the world to dodge pesky ants
[8x8]
and feast on delicious fruits

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

This is a Rubik's Cube scrambler made for a 3x3x3 cube.

Cart #jimahipawi-0 | 2022-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use the ⬆️⬇️ keys to change the scramble length.
Use the ❎ key to re-scramble.

0 comments

Cart #pico_garden-5 | 2023-09-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Garden is a slow-play, low interaction, screen-saver game.
It features a garden that evolves based on Conway's Game of Life.
There is some additional randomness and (minimal) player interaction.
It is a game for dreamers, grinders, slackers and thinkers.

The latest version adds an adaptive, evolving music track.

You do not have to do anything. Your garden will grow by itself.
However, you can occasionally tend your garden if you want to.
If you time this carefully, this will revitalise it so you can enjoy it for longer.

You can use the up and down keys to speed-up and slow-down time.
You can use the left and right keys to change the view.
There's even a fancy plot that shows how well your garden is doing.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #mimic_111-0 | 2022-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A short puzzle game where you mimic animals to take their form.
11 levels + one secret. About half an hour of gameplay.
Progress is saved.

Arrow keys to move
X to restart the level
P to skip levels (not recommended)

https://sourencho.itch.io/mimic
https://twitter.com/sourencho

republished under new account

7 comments

Cart #digdig-4 | 2022-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Currently working on this mining game - happy to hear some feedback if you play :) Still a lot of work to be done and a lot of ideas in the pipeline.

Just gotta dig out some gems and sell them at the shop / upgrade screen to purchase consumable items and permanent upgrades. Your battery will recharge automatically and you will sell your gems automatically when you surface.

LADDERS and TORCHES are VERY IMPORTANT! Without ladders, you will get stuck. Without torches, you can not see where the gems are.

IF YOU GET STUCK, PRESS ENTER THEN "RESCUE" - this will reset your inventory and bring you to the surface

Currently you can dig down 200 meters. The rocks get harder to drill at 100m and below. More valuable gems are deeper in the mine.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->