BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hello,

I found that when I open pico-8 on my Mac computer it will show me the full screen straight away, but I can't find a way to cancel the full screen. Is there any way to cancel the full screen please?

1 comment

Cart #misty_forest-2 | 2022-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1.11 (22/01/28)

There were occasions where the enemies appeared to move at inconsistent speed, as if they rush at the player as soon as they can. This was really bad since the game kind of depends on the player being able to predict the enemy moves. My suspicion was rounding, so instead of setting their speed at 0.25, every enemy now has a timer that they can move one pixel only every four frames, which should be morally equivalent to speed 0.25. At least as far as my brain can tell at 2AM, the problem seems to be resolved, or much mitigated at least.

1.1 (22/01/25)

Tweaked the control a little to make turning the corners smoother. Mina will steer herself around the corner when she's partially blocked by a wall.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Use the D-pad to draw things...but mirrored. Heck yes.

Cart #mirrordraw-0 | 2022-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

The code below creates a random "word" that's 2 to 12 characters long. Some results are better than others and absolutely no guarantee it won't generate rude words (in whatever language you'd like to be offended in). This snippet might come in handy somewhere and can very easily be tweaked.
Great for all your randomly generated NPC's, Legendary Weapons, Chthonic demons and faraway planet systems.

Very loosely based on Jabbalaci's Python version (https://github.com/jabbalaci/Elite) of Ian Bell's txtelite.c script for Elite.

str_namefrags=split("AB,OU,AA,IT,ION,YL,IF,ON,ETO,AE,ERA,US,EON,ES,AR,UME,IN,AH,ER,AL,UR,AV,ET,IUS,IE,UJ,EY,YS,ON","SE,NYA,HY,SU,LO,NU,GA,LON,TH,NA,HO,LE,XA,DIA,GE,ZA,VAN,CE,HE,BI,SO,MA,DI,VE,RE,SEN,RA,TE,HI,NY,WEN,DO,QU,KI")

function random_word()
  -- creates a random word
  -- words are anything from 2 to 12 characters long

-- _len = length of the word in fragments
  local _len,_res,_hyphen,_c,_frag = 2+flr(rnd(3)),"",0,0,""

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=105580#p)
3 comments

Cart #collector-1 | 2022-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Press O to add multi-player
arrows to move player 1
ESDF to move player 2 (if multi-player is enabled)
Collect the yellow pixel to get a point

Enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #clubpenguinpizza-1 | 2022-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Another club penguin game!

2 comments

Cart #monochromeninja_sethian-2 | 2022-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Warning! If you have not played Sethian before, this contains spoilers.

Sethian is a game about learning an alien language to find out what happened.
This is a dictionary of all the words in Sethian.
Hope you enjoy! :)

v1.1: Fixed bug that caused crash if you hit = with no results.
v1.0: Initial release.

4 comments

Cart #flipthepage-0 | 2022-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My entry for the Global Game Jam 2022. Use the mind-bending mechanics of walking around paper to help the stick man push pieces of the picture back together.

8 comments

Cart #ruinpreachers-0 | 2022-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Ruinpreachers

Version 0.6
This is a work in progress version
The game is not in a playable state

Features:

• Semi-open world on a single map
  • Strict "one button only" context-sensitive design
  • Randomised flipping for map sprite
  • A basic but complete physics engine

Game loop:

• Activate fellow bots on touch
  • Lure them into the preachers
  • Collect batteries to defeat the preachers
  • Defeat all enemies in any order to win (watch out, they become progressively faster!)
0 comments

Cart #picombo-0 | 2022-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Pi-Co-Mbo!

Defend the world using awesome combos and kill every threat

Stage

Super-Alpha

How to play

Press the buttons displayed on top of the enemies before they reach the earth.
There is no order for the keypress.
If you press a key that is not present in any of the enemies you'll lose 1HP

Plans

• More sprites for the enemies and animations (it sucks right now)
  • Add music and sound effects
  • Add Shop for skins
  • Add settings to adjust player health, enemies speed, etc..

Notes

This is a demake of the Android game Magic Touch: Wizard for Hire

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #ufoblocks-1 | 2024-05-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It's another day on the job at the block factory, and the blocks just keep on coming! Use your trusty tractor beam to pick up blocks and place them somewhere else. Match three in a row of the same type to remove them. Try to chain together combos, but be sure to move quickly- if the blocks reach the top, it's game over!

5 comments

Cart #picopong_v1-0 | 2022-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #flapper-0 | 2022-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

What is Flapper?

Flapper is a simple arcade game for Pico-8 systems and my first finished game project.

Summary

Flapper is a little green bird who loves to live life on the edge.

In this game you will guide Flapper through a dungeon chamber using "z" or "x" to flap his wings. Avoid colliding with spikes or walls and hit the blue bounce pads to change direction and increase your score.

The game gets progressively faster the higher your score!

How far can you get?

3 comments

Cart #inscryption-0 | 2022-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Votre objectif est d'aller vaincre Leshy

Pour ce faire, vous allez devoir construire un deck puissant au fur et à mesure de votre aventure

commandes :
flèches pour choisir une carte
C pour valider

Pour poser une carte, vous devez d'abord en sacrifier d'autre. Les écureuils ne demandent aucun sacrifice.
Le nombre en bas à droite de la carte indique sa force.
Le nombre en bas à gauche de la carte indique sa vie.
Son cout en goutte de sang peut être lu à droite.

Votre vie est représentée par les bougies sur la table.

Si c'est trop dur au début, relancez le jeu, vous n'avez juste pas eu de chance.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #eas_test-0 | 2022-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If you don't know: The Emergency Alert System (EAS) is a warning system in the United States that interrupts TV and radio programming in order to provide important information on events that pose danger to your life. This cartridge replicates the intimidating tones from the system using the secret PCM channel in PICO-8.

Note that the National Periodic Test here is completely fake. There's no voice announcement included for now, due to concerns about hitting the limited storage capacity of PICO-8 carts.

WARNING: Never broadcast the EAS header bursts on TV or radio! The FCC will have the right to fine anyone for such misuse of EAS/SAME tones.

1 comment

Cart #puzubineko-0 | 2022-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I decided to mess around with trig functions and came up with this. It's simple, but looks fairly convincing in my opinion.
The code is a mess, I should probably fix it sometime soon.

1 comment

What happened to Sonic 2.5? Are you still working on it?

1 comment

When trying to execute pico-8 or voxatron, it shows:
bash: ./xyz: No such file or directory
I've tried:
-Making executable with chmod +x
-Running as root
-Adding to path
-Using a GUI (nautilus) to run it
None of these seem to work. When using nautilus, nothing happens.
Any advice?

4 comments

for Pico-8 tiny cart jam #1

Turn down the volume for optimal experience! (unless you're running this within PICO-8, in which case it should sound all chill)

Big thanks to pancelor for squeezing this down from 323 to 251 characters, and for teaching me some wizard-level golfing tricks!

Cart #polyfireplace0_2-0 | 2022-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(press ▶ to view)

1 comment

Cart #boxes_m4ttbit-1 | 2022-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

NOTES:

Push boxes out of your way to navigate through the warehouse mazes. But watch out! If you touch a forklift, you'll restart the level. Use hidden, moveable boxes to strategically block forklifts or quickly complete a level. There are currently three levels to complete with more mazes planned in future releases. Play online or download the PICO-8 cartridge below to play locally and review my code. (Note: My code's a bit messy in order to finish by the end of the Movement Jam. I hope to clean it up in the future.) Enjoy!

PLAYER CONTROLS:

Move Left = LEFT ARROW
Move Right = RIGHT ARROW
Move Up = UP ARROW
Move Down = DOWN ARROW
Start/Restart Game = X

Movement Jam: https://itch.io/jam/movement-jam?s=09

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->