BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #morezibafi-3 | 2023-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mario with Pipes

This is a reskin of "Birds with Guns", with Mario-characters. Have fun!

9 comments

Cart #switchjump-0 | 2022-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

silly thing i did in 2 hours. very janky and kinda boring but better than nothing.

5 comments

Cart #catformer-0 | 2022-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a simple platformer engine I made. I'll probably use it someday. I also made a tileset for some reason, that I may or may not use someday.
Use the arrow keys to move and up arrow or Z/C to jump.
You can crouch (loaf) by pressing the down arrow. Isn't it so cute?

Please give me feedback on the player speed, gravity, jump height, etc. I haven't made platformers on Pico-8 before but I think the physics is more or less good. Oh also if you find a glitch please tell me.

4 comments

Cart #checkerboarddemo20220105-0 | 2022-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An example cartridge showing a simple checkerboard effect and some moving text. This cartridge uses coroutines and classes.

Link to the GitLab repository

0 comments

Cart #begi_ideocart-0 | 2022-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome <INTERN NAME> to the Department of Ideocartography!

On the display before you, we have preloaded the "Beginner Ideocartography" cartridge. This is a standard introduction to ideocartography, and is widely considered to be mostly safe to perceive.

Your task is to investigate, within a limited range of colors and textures, for the presence of active entities. As you use the arrow keys to explore your layer of <REDACTED>, please record short descriptions of the images you see, and please note any feelings you experience. Most of these entities should be rendered inert via compression into two dimensions (plus time). If not, press Z to capture a still photo, or X to capture a moving gif, and report immediately to <REDACTED>

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

by Mefi
Cart #tron8-0 | 2022-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A remake of tron for you and 1 friend to play.
Took about 1 hour

1 comment

Cart #para_pier-3 | 2022-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's a quick little project I put together today. Hope you all like it <3

0 comments

Cart #syodepop-0 | 2022-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #y06_pirate_game-5 | 2022-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Sea of Pixels v0.4.0

This is my WIP pirate sailing game, formerly known as Pirate Game ,heavily inspired by Sea of Thieves

So far the game has the following features:

• Wind Simulation
  • Sailing
  • AI ships
  • Ship Combat
  • World Events
  • Ship Teams

Please feel free to leave feedback

Changelog

v0.4.0

• New color palette: bringing in more tones and colors to the sea (which is still blue)
  • New Storm effects: The storm now swallows any ship who's unfortunate enough to cross it's path
  • New collectible: Loot; You can now find loot when you sink a ship
  • Improved UI: The UI displays your current health, speed, resources and loot count

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #mahkoe_sbuf-4 | 2022-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A long time ago I read a page that explained the "s-buffer" technique for hidden surface determination. I can't find it anymore, sadly.

The general idea is to keep an array of "segments" per each horizontal line in the display (making 128 arrays total). A segment is just a left x-coordinate, a right x-coordinate, left+right z-depths, and colour. Each array of segments is kept in order.

The polygon filling code is my own method, but it was largely adapted from the method outlined in the graphics programming black book: https://www.jagregory.com/abrash-black-book/#chapter-38-the-polygon-primeval

A few extra notes:

• You can get 30 FPS with about 75 visible polygons

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #inside_the_hole-0 | 2022-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Another art piece based on my WIP graphics engine. This one was inspired by three prompts chosen via a twitter competition:

@notyetmeasured

• "the interior of the hole"
    @ArtikGenerative
  • "lower astral glitch"
    @sourencho
  • "text"

Press Z to open the debug menu, which allows you to change various settings in the visualization. You can also save a looping gif of your creation via the debug menu (under the timing settings).

0 comments

Cart #lemniscate_redux-0 | 2022-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is an art piece I made that I really enjoy. Press Z to open the debug menu, which allows you to change various settings in the visualization. You can also save a looping gif of your creation via the debug menu (under the timing settings).

0 comments

I've been having a blast lately with SPLORE, and I wanted to share some of the work I've done as well! Here is pico_punks_infinite.p8, the second version of my attempt at a pfp generator. I originally made this as a spoof of generative pfp projects that are being minted as individual NFTs. I think that placing limits on a generator like this ruins the magic of exploring a nearly infinite generative space and finding a pfp that suits you perfectly.

The code itself is a little gross, sorry about that. I was in a chaotic mood when I made it. I use the p8scii characters to draw everything on the screen, no shape or pixel primitives.

Controls:

• press Z or reset the cart get a new starting position
  • each seed is displayed in the top left
  • the digits after the decimal represent your position in the "multiverse", and can only be changed by resetting
  • left/right moves one seed
  • up/down moves ten seeds
  • press X to save a screenshot without the seed and text on it, this is so you can use it as a pfp if you want

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #bopewasadi-0 | 2022-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a pico-8 version of the game Forts (I recommend playing the actual game, which is on steam). This version is fully playable (2 player local multiplayer), but the UI and controls aren't the greatest, and there are probably (definitely) some bugs. Please help me make this game better as this is the first game I have ever published. I will now do my best to explain how to play:

General Controls:
Move the selector with the arrow keys
Press X to open/close the inventory
Press X while hovering over an item/button in the inventory to select it
Once you have selected your item, press Z to place it on your side of the map

Turn Based Explanation:
Every turn you get 2 gold, +1 for each Money Tree

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #zegamazosu-4 | 2022-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Captain Kim's Night Shift

This is a homage to Harry Kim, ensign on the fictional Intrepid-class starship USS Voyager.
You are on duty on the Voyagers bridge during the night shift. Can you get a score of 10?

Controls
"X" Key for actions
Cursor Keys to move

Credits

Code: Mani
Gfx: Romeo & Mani
Playtesting: Stella

4 comments

Cart #dragonmountain2-0 | 2023-06-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a little snake clone, where the user advances the snake manually.
I made it for my 4 year old as a one day build. So far, she's unable to deal with the snake advancing automatically.
Since then, I've spent some time improving the music and art.

1 comment

Cart #loderunnerc-2 | 2023-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I grew up playing Apple II version Lode Runner.
I know the PICO-8 already has a great Lode Runner game by pahammond,
but I still wanted to make it more like the Apple II version.

• total 120 levels
  • full screen, no scroll needed
  • smooth movement in pixels

I hope you have fun.

14 comments

Cart #cavernrun-2 | 2022-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About

Cavern Run is an infinite running game where the player runs through a dark cavern to collect diamonds while avoiding the various dangers of the cavern.

Controls

Accelerate - Right arrow
Brake - Left arrow
Jump - Z on keyboard/A on controller
Jump Forward - Jump while holding the Right arrow
Jump Backward - Jump while holding the Left arrow

Thank you to:

@Krystman for the tutorials on coding and game design
@Gruber for the tutorials on composing music in Pico-8

2 comments

Guide Lily to help her hide the codes before Angel reaches them.

Cart #donotletmeout-0 | 2022-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #mamazeze-0 | 2022-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Move the thing, collect the other things.

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->